Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >
  • Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

• Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 11-18-2014, 12:22 PM

They have been sealed so I doubt if they would close up. Thanks for the info.
    Old 11-18-2014, 12:39 PM

I received one ornament the other day. I'm working weird hours and totally lost track of what day it was. I'll be mailing by Thursday unless I am able to be awake during post office hours tomorrow.
    Old 11-18-2014, 01:47 PM
    Power Poster

Karen I would love to see the pine cone wreath.

My mother use to make ornaments with beads in the shape of candy canes, etc. She also took some pine cones and hung them with a little bell topped with a red bow velvet ribbon to hand at each window. They were so pretty.

I keep thinking too of all the things my mom sewed when I was growing up. I never did start sewing for the enjoyment of it like she did until I retired due to my health in 2010. Then I one day started sewing squares together to make a quilt top, and the rest is history. lol.. She did get to see my interest in her passion before she past away in 2012, but what I wouldn't give to have her here now with me to sew and go to some classes together. I am thankful for my memories though.
    Old 11-18-2014, 01:54 PM

Merry Christmas to me...I received a pkg today from the Christmas Elf - I tell you, he's been a busy little critter..lol I have it up on the shelf in my closet, outa sight outa mind, NOT.. I now have received both from partners.. Thanks
    Old 11-18-2014, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie
    K
    I keep thinking too of all the things my mom sewed when I was growing up. I never did start sewing for the enjoyment of it like she did until I retired due to my health in 2010. Then I one day started sewing squares together to make a quilt top, and the rest is history. lol.. She did get to see my interest in her passion before she past away in 2012, but what I wouldn't give to have her here now with me to sew and go to some classes together. I am thankful for my memories though.
    So very well said Susan.....it makes my heart sing when my DD or DS mention some special thing we did when they were kids that they remember still...sometimes it is something that i didn't even realize was that meaningful at the time......and why i try so very hard to do special things with my DGDs that they enjoy and want to do....I would like to think that they will tell fun stories of our times together to THEIR grand-kids.
    Old 11-18-2014, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN
    roseirish, your daughter sounds fabulous! Now who do you think she got her love of style from? Maybe from watching you craft and create? Love your avatar by the way; it's really beautiful.

Now not to get off the subject of Christmas memories, but since several of you remember your mothers making the Lee Ward ornament kits... do any of you remember a craft club that sent a kit at regular intervals? I remember Mom making a wishing well out of wooden sticks and a table brush with metal dustpan that she painted with a cat design. That set hung in the kitchen my entire childhood. I can't think of any of the other kits off-hand but think she belonged for at least a year. This would have been around 1960.
    cooky my avatar is my cat Truffles. My son had a photography class for college--he took the picture and withthe help from phote shop. he put her head inside the crystal ball. i call her my familiar (as any good witch would).
    My second orny arrived today--by the return address, i think I know who it is from.--put it in bedroom other packages that are screaming at me to open them.
    When i was in 5th and 6th grade at one of those nearly extinct one-room schoolhouses, our teacher had us make Xmas trees from pinecones. a dowel put into ahole drilled into a base, pine cones wired one by one with last one standing strsight up, Spray with that canned artiicial snow, add some small ornament balls to complete.
    Old 11-18-2014, 06:22 PM

Momma Rose, I have one of those one room school houses at the end of my road. It is now a camp for hunting but still nothing much has changed on the inside. I wish I would have paid more attention when I was a kid to all the wonderful things around here. I see it all with a different eye now.
    Old 11-18-2014, 06:30 PM

Today I received a small box and it is light. ON return address but it did say do not open till Dec 7th. Thanks.
    Old 11-19-2014, 11:08 AM

calmly sitting here waiting for opening day as all packages accounted for and set aside in anticipation. working on Grandpa quilt this morning, then tackled the bills.( why does money always run out before the stack of bills come to an end?) still trying to figure some creative banking miracle to cover January-March 2015 when the drain will really be on to help Ana with her expenses while in Iowa during those months while she does her UNPAID clinicals. At least she managed to find a room for only $300?mo although covering that expense is only part of what we looking at. there is also car payments, utilities, spending money,insurance etc as well as keeping her mortgage and utilities paid here in Minneapolis. Would someone please tell Publishers Clearing House to hurry up and find my entry? WE could sure use that $5000/week about now. oh,well, always believed that if meant to be, Higher Being will provide.
    Old 11-19-2014, 04:01 PM

Momma Rose, feeling your pain. Along with the furnace that is still not fixed now the septic has decided its time to throw a temper tantrum. Well it happens in threes so whats next?