Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Christmas ornament swap 2015 >
  • Christmas ornament swap 2015

• Christmas ornament swap 2015

Old 10-23-2015, 02:36 AM

Thankyou, I look forward to creating a beautiful ornament.
    Old 10-23-2015, 03:09 AM
    Power Poster

Betty J
    I agree with Jan, those ornaments are very pretty. Such a variety. I don't have an embroidery machine so I just fly by the seat of my pants when making some.
    Old 10-23-2015, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams
    Calla, jump in and get your feet wet here. Perfection is not the goal.
    Exactly! I believe our goal is fun and fellowship, and everyone is welcome to join in.

Speaking of which, we've got a LOT of swappers this year. I'm pretty sure we've surpassed last year's number of players.
    Old 10-23-2015, 05:57 AM

hard at work on this ornament--it is turning out rather nicely, only a couple dozen more pieces to go. It might gt done in time for next years swap at this rate. would post a pic but not sure how on this new laptop. still learning my way round it. PCs and Macs are so different.
    Old 10-23-2015, 06:32 AM
    Power Poster

Good Morning Ladies! We have a new swapper, number 48, starshine has joined in the fun!

Now I know that there was a question about the mailing deadline. It is the 19th of November. But, the rules page says you can mail anytime after the first of November. I know many of us are ready to send so, that is when we should start, okay?

This is a secret ornament swap, that means that you will not know who your ornament maker is until you get your package and read the card inside. That is the way this swap was set up years ago, and it was not my intention to change anything. I just jumped in to help out so we could have a swap this year, ok?

Everyone is asking about a opening date. Lets talk about this and decide what day and hour is best for everyone. OK? I am just the hostess. This is Your swap ladies. Remember there are three hours difference between the coasts and make it a time most everyone can play, ok? That is not to mention the ladies over seas.

Since the "Hard" mailing deadline is the 19th of November, lets give it two weeks past that to give the package time to arrive. I know it should be there much quicker, but, being on the safe side here. That puts the date somewhere around the fourth or fifth of December. Am I right? I am thinking somewhere around noon so there is plenty of time for everyone to enjoy the Ornament Opening party. Does this sound alright to everyone? I know not everyone will agree, but I am thinking of years past and how we did it. Right?

Lets hear what you have to say about The fifth of December at noon girls.
    Old 10-23-2015, 06:48 AM
    Power Poster

Please remember to let me know your confirmation number when you mail your ornaments! This is a requirement of the swap for tracking our packages. I need to know that everyone is getting an ornament. This means by the nineteenth I should have a confirmation number of your sent ornament. If for some reason beyond your control that you can not mail or participate, Let me know as soon as you can, please! It is a swap and we don't want anyone to come up empty-handed.

Also, Let me know when you receive your ornament box/envelope. That way I can check you off my list as having received your ornament. Okay?

This all helps us stay on track. I am not the usual hostess and so I have to stay organized with all this information to help this all go smoothly, alright? Please help me out by doing that. When you send and when you receive.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-23-2015 at 06:50 AM.
    Old 10-23-2015, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by roseirish48
    i love quilting but have never been able to stand using a thimble. Therefore my fingers have callouses. i am also diabetic so am used to pricking my fingers. with that said, why is it when i hand sew anything, i tend to sew myself to whatever project i am working on? And i dont feel it til i pull my thread taut. but then that was just the 6th time today. but the ornament is getting done.
    I have not been able to use a regular thimble either, I have two fingers on my left hand that have callouses also. Many a time I have found that I have attached my self to what ever I'm working on. I have found that a leather dot on my right hand works for pushing the needle, I buried the eyes of the needle too many times.
    Old 10-23-2015, 07:00 AM
    Power Poster

Just one more short note girls...

Anyone who wants to sign up, remember tomorrow night at midnight is the very last possible time to do that. Once I assign names, I cannot accept any more swappers. Not being mean, I just won't have anyone else to assign to you for the swap.
    Old 10-23-2015, 09:31 AM

Betty J those are wonderful! I especially like the "crazy patch" heart and stocking and love the candy canes! If you get me for a partner I would love any of those!
    Old 10-23-2015, 10:05 AM

Betty J, those ornaments are beautiful. I really need to use my embroidery machine more. Besides my Brother I have a 12 needle industrial Happy.

For all those new people who are just thinking about joining; Join Us. You won't regret it and this swap is a lot of fun. Remember it does not have to be fabric. Last year I received this darling little knitted sweater ornament. Also, there are so many great ideas out there I am sure you will find something you are comfortable with making.

Opening Date - My vote is Sunday December 6th - 2:00pm???