Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Christmas ornament swap 2015 >
  • Christmas ornament swap 2015

• Christmas ornament swap 2015

Old 10-24-2015, 07:43 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Sandy,any day and time is fine with me also. Please remind everyone to write somewhere on the package that it is for the ornament swap. Many of us are in lots of other swaps too. Another thing when you say NOON what time zone is it? Such pretty ornaments being made.

You are so right mary! Girls please make sure you write on the package it is the ornament swap Okay?

Thank you cuppy and tolepainter for contacting me with your information. It is all fixed now and ready for the name swap tomorrow.

rwquilts you are all set up on the list as the number 49th swapper! Welcome and have fun.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-24-2015 at 07:46 AM.
    Old 10-24-2015, 07:52 AM
    Power Poster

Okay girls,
    The official opening date is, Sunday December 6th at 1:00pm. (West/ pacific coast time)

Now remember to indicate on the box/package that it is for the ornament swap. That way if a person wants to show and tell their ornament after they open it, that would be the time to do so. Here during the party.

Please be kind and send a pm to your sender/maker thanking them personally when you open. That is just a gracious thing to do. I don't mean to say you would not do that in the first place, but, sometimes we get so excited, we forget.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-24-2015 at 07:58 AM.
    Old 10-24-2015, 09:22 AM

I'm working on another ornament right now. I feel like I'm behind everyone else here. I tell myself every year, start early. Apparently, I never listen to myself! One of theses days ...
    Old 10-24-2015, 09:30 AM

Hi all, never done an opening day before I am excited. The only hard thing for me will be the waiting, especially if my partner mails early.....I'll be staring at it all the time, wondering what's in the box.....lol...but it will be worth the wait. It's been raining here since Thursday night and still raining through Sunday....I've been creating ornaments while it rains. I'll be ready to mail when we get our partner's name.
    Old 10-24-2015, 10:10 AM
    Power Poster

OK confession time Irene C. I've been in this swap quite a few times and once I opened early because I just couldn't stand it. I have to say it ruined it for me. I felt so dang guilty it overshadow the fun of the party. Now, I know it doesn't really matter to some people whether you open it early or not. I know they are excited for you to see the ornament they sent to you. But, it is very fun to sit with a snack and a hot beverage along with everyone and open.

There are some people that can't attend until different times after the opening because of commitments. But, people will continue to post for a couple days as they have time. So, come back and see the ornaments they got and post to make it fun for them too if you can.

I know I was a bad girl and I promise not to do that again. It was way more fun to "be" at the party.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-24-2015 at 10:13 AM.
    Old 10-24-2015, 10:19 AM

I said earlier that I won't finish my ornaments this week as I'm on holiday. However, I found a craft shop yesterday and got some ribbon and beads! So nothing could stop me to finish the two hexagon ornaments. Here they are:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]534007[/ATTACH]

I started sewing the beads on but then decided it looked better without and took them off again. What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails thumb_dsc00919_1024.jpg  
    Old 10-24-2015, 10:19 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by ctyankee
    I'm working on another ornament right now. I feel like I'm behind everyone else here. I tell myself every year, start early. Apparently, I never listen to myself! One of theses days ...
    Hey don't feel that way! There is almost a week until November 1st when we can mail ctyankee! I am working on making a second one just in case I have to send two out right away to make up for an uneven swap count. I want to make a couple little things and some candy too. That makes it fun to open, right? I need to buy the candy too, oh dear. I better go shopping! Fun a shopping trip to see all the goodies they have out for all the holidays at the store. Are they starting early now a days or what?
    Old 10-24-2015, 10:21 AM
    Power Poster

Monale! Those are lovely! What pretty fabrics.
    Old 10-24-2015, 11:14 AM

Wow Monale, your ornaments are so pretty!
    Old 10-24-2015, 11:16 AM

I love the quilt-themed ornaments.