Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Christmas ornament swap 2015 >
  • Christmas ornament swap 2015

• Christmas ornament swap 2015

Old 11-15-2015, 04:23 PM
    Power Poster

I received the fabric acorns and squirrel from the pin cushion swap last fall. I love it and it makes a cute decoration for fall. Susan that canning jar fabric on the first one is a favorite one of mine.I don't know if tinsel is used much on trees anymore. I always use it. But My kids are grown and gone and my cat stays outside . I've heard they can choke on it. Can I ask that people post a picture of their tree when they put it up this year? I love seeing the pictures and seeing how the trees look.
    Old 11-15-2015, 04:25 PM
    Power Poster

Teresa, I love your snowman avatar. Did you make him?
    Old 11-15-2015, 05:25 PM

Hi all, I was out of town for 5 days, and came home to an empty mailbox. Sniff..... Waiting, waiting, waiting....

I also see that my package was delivered to my partner, but she hasn't posted on the board that she received it.
    Old 11-15-2015, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Teresa, I love your snowman avatar. Did you make him?
    Why Yes I did! I think I've made about a dozen of them at this point. I saw something close to him in a wallhanging at a LQS. I just loved the perspective. Came home and made my own pattern. Thanks for asking
    Old 11-15-2015, 05:55 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by MizMelly
    Hi all, I was out of town for 5 days, and came home to an empty mailbox. Sniff..... Waiting, waiting, waiting....

I also see that my package was delivered to my partner, but she hasn't posted on the board that she received it.
    I have it down as being received and I am pretty sure they posted on the board as having received it, MizMelly. I guess you missed the post. Easy to do with all the activity going on.. LOL!

Thanks tlambing for the confirmation number.
    Old 11-15-2015, 05:58 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    I received the fabric acorns and squirrel from the pin cushion swap last fall. I love it and it makes a cute decoration for fall. Susan that canning jar fabric on the first one is a favorite one of mine.I don't know if tinsel is used much on trees anymore. I always use it. But My kids are grown and gone and my cat stays outside . I've heard they can choke on it. Can I ask that people post a picture of their tree when they put it up this year? I love seeing the pictures and seeing how the trees look.
    I stopped using the plastic icicles some years ago. It was pretty, but I would find it behind my couch in july no matter how carefully I had vacuumed.
    Old 11-16-2015, 06:44 AM

Happy Monday everyone!!! My package should be received today. I will wait patiently for my package to arrive...as the mail date isn't for a few days.

Cold here, but no snow! Funny story...we've had sooo much snow the last few years and shoveling it has been anything but fun! So...last year we finally bit the bullet and bought a good snowblower and guess what? Hardly any snow at all!!! The machine is all shiny and new still waiting to be used! Maybe we should have bought one years ago?
    Happy quilting today ladies!
    Old 11-16-2015, 09:25 AM
    Power Poster

Hi Ronda! I hope you have a wonderful week. It is fast approaching Thanksgiving and I am as usual in a hurry to finish up things to get into the mail back east. LOL... I don't think I would feel right without a hard press deadline to meet.
    Old 11-16-2015, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
    Happy Monday everyone!!! My package should be received today. I will wait patiently for my package to arrive...as the mail date isn't for a few days.

Cold here, but no snow! Funny story...we've had sooo much snow the last few years and shoveling it has been anything but fun! So...last year we finally bit the bullet and bought a good snowblower and guess what? Hardly any snow at all!!! The machine is all shiny and new still waiting to be used! Maybe we should have bought one years ago?
    Happy quilting today ladies!
    The year my father decided to finally buy a snowblower,he had to wait nearly to months to use it. We all kidded him about using it to blow away the quarter inch or so that fell bu you knowwhat they say about boys and their toys.
    Poo-Chie is slowly losing patience with our mail person. Later and later every day--it is almost 11:30 here and still no sign of the mail person or an ornament package for me. Maybe waiting means it will be bigger and better?????
    Old 11-16-2015, 10:09 AM

Red, I'll be wrapping tonight and mailing tomorrow! I'll send you the tracking information then.

My mom loved putting on the icicles too! I used to use them until I realized the dog was eating them...how did I know he was eating them you might ask??....I knew because he had them trailing out of his bum and droppings chasing him!

Does anyone remember "angle hair"? Loved the look of it as a kid, but you couldn't see the ornaments behind them!