Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Christmas ornament swap 2015 >
  • Christmas ornament swap 2015

• Christmas ornament swap 2015

Old 11-22-2015, 09:40 PM

I received my Christmas Ornament package from OKSewnSew today. Thank you so much, I will put it by until the 6th December for opening.

Last edited by Betty J; 11-22-2015 at 09:43 PM.
    Old 11-23-2015, 08:09 AM
    Banned

I don't know if my orny arrived or not as I have been sick
    since Friday night.
    Old 11-23-2015, 09:52 AM
    Power Poster

Good Morning everyone! I hope you all are having a great day. Our list of not received is down to 11. The person who is missing in action has not contacted me to let me know what is going on with her ornament. I will try just one more time to contact her.

Thanks Betty J for letting me know you received your ornament.

Quilty Louise, your ornament was received by your partner. I am sorry to hear you are sick. Take good care of yourself and get better soon.
    Old 11-23-2015, 11:40 AM

So... Is everyone ready for Turkey day this Thursday??? Then the madness of Black Friday which actually starts on Thursday! No snow here yet but we are expecting rain starting on Wednesday thru Friday or Saturday, some time on Thursday it should be turning to Snow. On the up side I don't have to travel since dinner is here. I have the cleaning under control and should be have everything done by Wednesday so I can relax Thursday morning and enjoy the company. Only 18 this year so should not be too bad. With the possible weather it may even be less.

1 week 6 days 19 minutes 20 seconds
    Old 11-23-2015, 12:33 PM

I'm sure ready for Turkey day! I have no family that lives within a day's drive of me (just a sister in Utah), so I spend the holidays with my friend's family. It's much more fun -- no stress of having to clean and prepare the meal, I just take a covered dish!
    My black Friday will probably be pretty anti-climatic too. I have to hit Petsmart because they have a black Friday special on Tidy Cat litter -- $7.99 for the 35 pound bin!! I usually go to Joann's early when they open (6 AM), but this year I did not see anything that I needed or wanted. So that's a wash.

And that's my Black Friday excitement. Pathetic, huh?
    Old 11-23-2015, 12:55 PM

LOLO MizMelly, at least you're going out on Black Friday... I did it ONE year, swore that would be the last time, and it has been.. It'll be very quiet here Thurs, think I'll fix a roast, not one for turkey, so roast sounds good. It's supposed to be cold and rain rain rain, good day to stay in. Hope ALL have a Happy Thanksgiving and 'don't let the turkey be the only thing stuffed'..lolo
    Old 11-23-2015, 01:04 PM

MizMelly, I may just have to join you at Petsmart, of course I will be here in MN, but that is a really good price for kitty litter and I am almost out. May need to stock up.

Otherwise I am not a black Friday shopper. My plan for the day is to spend it in my sewing room working on all kinds of goodies.
    Old 11-23-2015, 01:06 PM

For Thanksgiving we are having a Thanksgiving of friends who will be coming to our house for food and spirits. As of this morning there should be around 10 of us.
    Old 11-23-2015, 01:12 PM
    Power Poster

I don't get to play this year in the black Friday madness. I have a bad knee and so it is too much on it to go out. I am making Thanksgiving for everyone and that will be fun.

I have made nine gifts and they will be mailed tomorrow. There are four I have in the works for here to open. Two quilts a dress and two mink scarves. I am working still on that dang mink purse. It got so crazy in my sewing room, I had to clean and put away a pile of fabrics before I could find the lining I made for it and set aside to make something else. It had slipped back behind the quilting table! I was talking to myself for a while there, I mean to tell you! But, all is well now.

Hubby is outside putting up Christmas lights. We had the contractor over this morning because the window upstairs had some damage for when the neighbors ran into the house last year this time with their car. It has these cross leading plastic thingies that had fallen askew inside the window. They are going to replace it now too.

So, I would say, we are doing pretty well on everything the holidays have "brought" us. LOL...

Here is the gift I bought myself this year. A set of patterns to make this woolen hanging during the winter. p.s. this is not my hanging just a pic I found on line. I got the set of patterns at fatquartershop.com
    Attached Thumbnails dsc_2203.jpg  

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 11-23-2015 at 01:15 PM.
    Old 11-23-2015, 01:18 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'll spend the rest of my weekend sewing placemats for my sister in Florida, "bibs" (adult protection garments) for my mom, her friend and my friends' mother. they are very stylish and I always have to be careful not to call them bibs. they serve the same purpose tho, and work great. I started making those when my dad had parkinsons and dementia and had a great deal of trouble getting food in his mouth. Mom gave all those away when he passed and now SHE wants one so she doesn't mess up her clothes when eating!! Funny how attitudes change after wearing part of your meal!! Hey, they work for people of any age!! I keep saying I need to make one for work. I hate it when I eat lunch and some lands on my front and I have a meeting to attend after lunch. Very embarrassing!