Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Christmas Ornament Swap 2016 is Open for Enrollment!! >
  • Christmas Ornament Swap 2016 is Open for Enrollment!!

• Christmas Ornament Swap 2016 is Open for Enrollment!!

Old 11-15-2016, 10:42 PM

Just a reminder that the mailing deadline is this Friday, November 18th.

Also, please be sure to PM me when mailing and receiving.
    Old 11-16-2016, 12:42 AM

My favourite christmas memory is as a kid of about 10, my younger brother and I would be sent down to the town to one of the pubs (bars) to get two bottles of Guinness stout to bring home to my mother for making the Christmas puddings. We always knew that Christmas was close when we got to help mix the puddings. You wouldn't get away with sending kids now to the pub to do it.
    LindaC
    Old 11-16-2016, 05:44 AM

I hope that my swappee got my package......LaQuita, good luck with foot surgery. Ouch!

My family has a Christmas tradition called 'the gift of the Magi'. A gift of the Magi was when one person found a gift for someone else that really wanted it but due to expense, logistics, or whatever, did not ever think they would receive it. My favorite memory of this was when I was 23. I lived in Boston, my parents lived on Long Island. I knew that my mom really wanted a grandfather clock, but they were VERY expensive. I was working for an office furniture distributor at the time, and I saved every bit of money I had for 10 months to buy her a Howard Miller grandfather clock that I was able to get at a discount. I had it shipped to their house, and anxiously tracked the clock's delivery. I found out that it had arrived on the evening of the 22nd because my mom called me and wanted to know why I had bought her a coffin for Christmas! Needless to say she received her gift early that year, and it still holds pride of place in their home in Connecticut.
    Old 11-16-2016, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by immemother
    I posted my ornament last week, and then today discovered the card! So if you receive an ornament from Western Australia, you wont know who its from, because the card is missing, I have put the card in the mail today! The only hint I will give is that you live in CT.

I have also received my ornament, but have left it at my mothers house so that I am not tempted by it!
    HEY!!! I live in CT!!!
    Old 11-16-2016, 08:23 AM

My favorite Christmas memory was the birth of my first grandchild in the early hours of December 23. After he was delivered and we ohhed and ahhed the nurses took him out of the room cleaned him up and returned him in a bright red stocking. What a beautiful sight it was. Later that afternoon I returned with my mother who was staying with us for Christmas. Seeing the joy on my mother's face as she held her first great grandchild in that bright red stocking was the best Christmas gift ever.
    Old 11-16-2016, 09:14 AM

I was in the hospital and didn't make the sign-up - but there is always next year!

I have 2 great memories of Christmas - the first one was when the Barbie doll came out - I wanted one so badly that I couldn't talk about it without crying. Mom and Dad searched everywhere and no one had one in stock - but they were able to find out when a shipment was scheduled to arrive and mom went to the town about a 1/2 hour away and waited until they got the truck unloaded and the doll on the shelf.

A few years later, we had a snowstorm - which is kinda rare for W Texas, and my brother and I played outside in te snow. But sometime after that, Santa arrived and left a bicycle in the W TX coun tryside on our front porch - we had to wait for the snow to melt to ride them.

Have a happy holiday y'all!
    Old 11-16-2016, 01:19 PM

Everyone, such nice memories!

I received a box from Sheffield Vlg, Ohio this afternoon !!!! No board name is visible, so do I really have to wait to open it?(sound of little kid anxiously whining in background) I won't know who to thank until I do... Oh bother.

Thank you very much Debbie E. for what I am certain is a very lovely Christmas ornament. I can't wait to open it.

Happy holidays everyone
    MJ
    Old 11-16-2016, 01:37 PM

I received my Ornament swap package yesterday. I have put it by for safe keeping until the 3rd December. Thank you to my swap partner.
    Old 11-16-2016, 04:23 PM

I sent my package of the 14th hope it arrives safe and sound. Also Today I received a package from Linda Coleman and I believe it cam all the way from Ireland. Sorry not sure can't make out the county for sure . I don't drn open the package gave it to my hubby to put up from me so I'm not temped to open it early, Yes its true I have no control and don't trust myself. This is so exciting!!! Thanks Linda i know I'll love what you sent Christmas is my favorite time of year!
    Old 11-16-2016, 04:25 PM

MJ,
    So glad my package arrived safe and sound. Hope you'll enjoy your goodies. I also had my hubby put my package away from me. LOL!!! I don't trust myself
    Debbie E in Sheffield Village Ohio

Last edited by debbieoh; 11-16-2016 at 04:29 PM. Reason: forgot to add name