Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Closed - " Batiks, Batiks, Batiks !!!!" April 2012 10.5 Layer Cake swap.... >
  • Closed - " Batiks, Batiks, Batiks !!!!" April 2012 10.5 Layer Cake swap....

• Closed - " Batiks, Batiks, Batiks !!!!" April 2012 10.5 Layer Cake swap....

Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 AM

OH MY!!! Tee hee!!! Looks like luv has her hands full!!! So...sapdoggie and burchquilts the terrible two...whatever will luv do??? Tee hee!!!
    Old 04-18-2012, 11:20 AM
    Power Poster

Burch- OMG too funny I use to take the kids to school in my jammies also - and got the same question .. what if you have an accident.. well I think there will be more impirtant things to worry about rather then what I am wearing
    Old 04-18-2012, 12:22 PM

As long as you ladies had clean underwear, ok to wear jammas to drive kids to school.
    Old 04-18-2012, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    As long as you ladies had clean underwear, ok to wear jammas to drive kids to school.
    Depending on how bad the wreck was, I'm not sure how long they'd remain pristine. I had a friend who was an ER doc & I asked him once how important people's clean underwear was to him &/or his staff. He said compared to some of the things he'd see people do/wear, panties -- clean or otherwise -- were the least of his worries! LOL! He said after they'd pulled a 48-hour shift, they didn't even remember if they had on undies their own selves... LOL!

I'm laughing right now about the dumbest thing. Yesterday would have been my Mother's BD. She's been gone 20 years & I still miss her like crazy. But I was remembering how much grief I always gave her about her "good" underwear. We'd be going to go out to eat (as a family) & she'd lay her clothes out --- including her good underwear, which she saved for special occasions. It just always cracked me up. We're going to the Sizzler, for cryin' out loud. How fancy do your drawers need to be? LOL! Wow... I hadn't thought about that in ages. My mom... you think I'm a nut job... I pale in comparison to Mimi.
    Old 04-18-2012, 02:30 PM

OMG... you guys gotta go to this thread--->
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/isnt-truth-t186360.html

It is toooooooooooooooo funny (& uncomfortably true!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 04-18-2012, 02:31 PM

And this one is a hoot, too!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...r-t185976.html
    Old 04-18-2012, 02:47 PM

Well we will see what the fabric store and my DH think about the pheramones and if I get to buy more fabrics or he sells facemasks to protect from such things and ear plugs. Maybe not good idea to show him that.
    Old 04-18-2012, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    Well we will see what the fabric store and my DH think about the pheramones and if I get to buy more fabrics or he sells facemasks to protect from such things and ear plugs. Maybe not good idea to show him that.
    My policy re DH & fabric? Strictly need to know basis only. Try this one ---> "This fabric? Oh, I've had it for ages. Don't you remember when I/we got it?". He doesn't wanna own up to the fact that he is your typical guy (read: usually not really paying much attention unless there's a cute girl involved) so he agrees with me. "Oh yeah". This works like a charm for clothes, too. Cars, furniture or houses? Not so much... but you could try.
    Old 04-18-2012, 04:49 PM

burchquilts- not sure about dipping ourselves in chocolate- might get us out in a white room with no windows shile being wrapped in a long white jacket with sleeves tied behind our backs

Hey Luv- got any chocolate left from the Easter candy ??? Might need to get out that stash soon

I remember one morning when my youngest decided to not get dressed for school. Into the car she went with the other kids and her clothes for the day. She had four short blocks to get dressed or go in with pajamas- she chose to get dressed.

batiks may make us batty
    Not sure what to do
    May have to make animals from the zoo
    Old 04-18-2012, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie
    burchquilts- not sure about dipping ourselves in chocolate- might get us out in a white room with no windows shile being wrapped in a long white jacket with sleeves tied behind our backs

Hey Luv- got any chocolate left from the Easter candy ??? Might need to get out that stash soon

I remember one morning when my youngest decided to not get dressed for school. Into the car she went with the other kids and her clothes for the day. She had four short blocks to get dressed or go in with pajamas- she chose to get dressed.

batiks may make us batty
    Not sure what to do
    May have to make animals from the zoo
    Ooooooooooooh... point well taken. White? Not nearly as slimming as black (& chocolate? Not slimming at all... but lots of fun!). However, if we could quilt in said windowless room...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only HORRIBLE mother (according to DD when she was widdle) in the world. Said DD decided she wasn't going to bed (she was 3 or 4 -- she's always known her own mind... with me for a mom, aren't you surprised she even as one? Yeah, me, too). Well, much as I loved her, I was done with her for the day (she was one of those kids who got up at like 4:30 every AM). So, I told her she could stay up all night -- heck, all year -- if she wanted to but at my house, the TV & ALL the lights went out at 10. I think she thought I was kidding. You got it. I wasn't. I left her sitting on her sassy little butt right out on the couch. Funny... suddenly she got really sleepy & went right up to her bed & that was the very end of it. It's a wonder the authorities weren't called. Said DD is now a lawyer so now I gotta watch my p's & q's... LOL!

You mean we aren't the animals in the zoo? You haven't seen my house! Zoo-land!