Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • CLOSED  July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st >
  • CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

• CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

Old 07-10-2011, 08:47 AM

Well, my firmie is all packed , taped, addressed and ready to be mailed in the morning ! It only has a small way to go. Only 1 state north and west of me. She'll get it quickly. Sure hope she likes it all. Had a lot of fun making a couple of items to put in the box. I so love this swap ! Another little hint in the morning ! Have a great Sunday ! I'm going to my machine to finish up a darling Very Hungery Catapillar birthday quilt for my precious 4 y/o gd. Sara
    Old 07-10-2011, 08:48 AM

Jaciqltznok made sure I did not have to sit on the bench this month. I received her awesome package yesterday, but I was not on the computer until about 1 AM. Being brain-dead at that hour, I sent her and Lori emails, but decided to wait until to day to post photos until I could try to locate my camera beneath all the fabric around my sewing room. Eureka - Success!! Now you all can see the objects of my delight.

I'm always misplacing my needle threader and seam ripper (which I sadly need to use ALOT), so the more the merrier of them. Two beautiful FQ's - sparkly is great for me, and I tend to overlook purchasing solids, so that was a great thing to send. I use embellishments alot, and she sent some very beautiful ones as you can see. A notepad for my purse - never without and I'm always running out of paper because I take lots of notes. An Origami Quilting pattern which I can't wait to try out - just adorable. A fabric stamp that is way too cute. I never had one before, so looking forward to using it. Samples of batting which are sooo soft. I will be looking for that brand to try now. And lastly, a pretty note card with note telling me why she opted not to make me gain any weight (IE - no chocolate due to 100+ degree weather).

Jacquie - thank you so much. You're a mind reader (or at least a profile reader!!). You'll be getting great feedback from me.

SharonAnne

Squishie or Firmie or Goodie Bag or Whatchamacallit
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]224180[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-224174.jpe  
    Old 07-10-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Babyfire glad you liked your squishie.I had fun putting it together.I forgot to put something in for your son. I'm sorry. Maybe mama will share her reeses's?Thanks for the PM to let me know you recieved it and the thanks for it.It's so nice when someone does that.Your welcome and hope you enjoy everything. Mary
    I sure did :) Reeses are a favorite of is to (or anything generalized as candy lol) He said "Tell your computer lady friend Thanx"
    So Payton says Thank You ;)
    Old 07-10-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by saraaev
    Well, my firmie is all packed , taped, addressed and ready to be mailed in the morning ! It only has a small way to go. Only 1 state north and west of me. She'll get it quickly. Sure hope she likes it all. Had a lot of fun making a couple of items to put in the box. I so love this swap ! Another little hint in the morning ! Have a great Sunday ! I'm going to my machine to finish up a darling Very Hungery Catapillar birthday quilt for my precious 4 y/o gd. Sara
    Now this sounds like me if you are in GA 8-)
    Old 07-10-2011, 10:24 AM

sustraley- LOVE your new avatar with new min pin picture!! The picture of her watching for pretzel thieves is too cute...and what a nice squishie :)
    Old 07-10-2011, 10:31 AM

Wonderful Squishies and Firmies this month!

Mary, glad to see you got that chair pincushion made after all the hunting we went through to find the patterns. lol I still need to make mine!

To my O-HI-O lurking Pals -- the box is going out tommorrow. I had to get some furkid goodies. Couldn't leave them out, I'd be in trouble!
    Old 07-10-2011, 10:41 AM

Nice packages so far.
    Old 07-10-2011, 11:57 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by babyfireo4
    Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Babyfire glad you liked your squishie.I had fun putting it together.I forgot to put something in for your son. I'm sorry. Maybe mama will share her reeses's?Thanks for the PM to let me know you recieved it and the thanks for it.It's so nice when someone does that.Your welcome and hope you enjoy everything. Mary
    I sure did :) Reeses are a favorite of is to (or anything generalized as candy lol) He said "Tell your computer lady friend Thanx"
    So Payton says Thank You ;)
    Please tell him he is welcome. He is such a cutiepie.Mary
    Old 07-10-2011, 12:00 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by reeskylr

Mary, glad to see you got that chair pincushion made after all the hunting we went through to find the patterns. lol I still need to make mine!

To my O-HI-O lurking Pals -- the box is going out tommorrow. I had to get some furkid goodies. Couldn't leave them out, I'd be in trouble!
    It's such a cute pin cushion.It wasn't all that hard to do. I used a light weight piece of cardboard ( an empty envelope box).Also I hot glued the ruffle.Made it alot easier.I still gotta make one for me!Alot of ladies have gotten their packages out early. That's great! Mary
    Old 07-10-2011, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr

Oh good! My Sassy cat will love her treats! And I will love my SP box, too. It has to be me because we have a common ground.......you live in Washington and my son and DIL moved to Seattle last year.