Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • CLOSED  July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st >
  • CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

• CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

Old 07-14-2011, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by CAgirl1
    Originally Posted by pattis47
    She had that envelope so stuffed there was no wiggle room to get a scissors in there to cut it open. I was afraid I would cut whatever she sent me. But I didn't give up.....I tore into that third envelope to find the most wonderful gifts. She sent me 2 different purple fabrics ( a yd of each Yippeee ), a cute pattern (that I think I will use that material to make), Quiltmaker Magazine w/a bonus CD w/ 110 blocks on it, a really big purple tote bag, a pack of notecard, and she took time to make me a purple tissue holder and then she added a purple yo-yo keychain fob. She really outdid herself. She included a very nice letter with all of this. Thank You seems like so little to say, so I will say Thank You it several times.....Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You !!!!!!!!!!! Crafty_Linda_b you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!
    That yo-yo key chain is adorable. Wonder if she got it from a pattern or created it herself.
    Me too! that is adorable. Is the key ring hooked to ribbon or webbing?
    Old 07-14-2011, 09:46 PM

Patti I am so glad you liked all the goodies...I am sorry it took you so long to get into it..I wanted to make sure it didn't come apart in the mail. The packages get so tossed around at time. I saw those key chains on a website several years ago. I love to hand sew. I sit and make the YoYo's in the evenings. They are fun and quick to make. You are most welcome. You were an easy person to please with the info on your list. I love purple too. I bought the fabric for you..I was tempted to cut it and keep half *L* but I slapped myself back to reality and told myself it wasn't for me!! Happy Stitchin' crafty_linda_b

Originally Posted by pattis47
    She had that envelope so stuffed there was no wiggle room to get a scissors in there to cut it open. I was afraid I would cut whatever she sent me. But I didn't give up.....I tore into that third envelope to find the most wonderful gifts. She sent me 2 different purple fabrics ( a yd of each Yippeee ), a cute pattern (that I think I will use that material to make), Quiltmaker Magazine w/a bonus CD w/ 110 blocks on it, a really big purple tote bag, a pack of notecard, and she took time to make me a purple tissue holder and then she added a purple yo-yo keychain fob. She really outdid herself. She included a very nice letter with all of this. Thank You seems like so little to say, so I will say Thank You it several times.....Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You !!!!!!!!!!! Crafty_Linda_b you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 07-14-2011, 09:52 PM

CAgirl1 & Rita, I saw those key chains on a website years ago. It was one of those free tutes. The key chain is made with a YoYo and then I sew a strip of fabric that is folded over 4 times to make it thick enough to withstand the use. You can cheat and use bias binding for it too if you want. I have made them with 2 YoYo's in different sizes too. Then stitch a button on the center to hold it all together. I buy the rings at Joann's. They are so simple and quick to make. I am doing a craft fair the 20th of Aug and will be making some to sell at that. crafty_linda_b sittin' & quiltin' on the Cal-Ore border
    Old 07-14-2011, 10:19 PM

Breathing a sigh of relief that my SP package was delivered to my secret pal at 2:11 PM today. I always hope that the postal service does not lose it or deliver it incorrectly. Hope she likes everything I sent.
    Old 07-14-2011, 10:47 PM

hey Texas. Yours is on the way!
    Old 07-14-2011, 11:00 PM

QwiltyLady...thank you so much for all the wonderful items that you sent to me. I love everything shown in this picture, especially the pin cushion and the red hat fabrics and pin. There were 2 panels for Halloween and mints along with a kit for a paperback book cover.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-226645.jpe  
    Old 07-15-2011, 01:43 AM

Mary you must be on the brandy or the wine gums at least!
    :lol:

Even half asleep and brain dead I worked it out it was crafy_linda_b!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thought of you today when I passed the wine gums and cadbury flake in the shop.

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    great swap. Who was it from?? Good sense of humor.Love all the purple and lavender stuff."Shopping is the new jogging" Love that one. Now we can all say we are going jogging!!!lol Mary
    Old 07-15-2011, 02:32 AM

Last night I, at last, had a good look at the magnificent firmy sent to me by Deborah (tedytrsr).

My breath was certainly taken away. On the top was a lovely note from her. Under it was: a chart in cross stitch "Quilters Make Warm Lovers", a leaflet with christmas patterns (some of those will look beautiful on our tree this year), another of dolphins and a book of lovely patterns that you can mix and match. Also a fantastic hard back book on cross stitch by Mary Engelbreight (I want to start one now and having a childish tantrum because I can't). Two novels, because I am an avid reader too and a lovely wire bound notebook. There was also a lovely cookbook. DH is already choosing the recipes that he likes!

Hiding amongst them a cross stitch kit, which will be made first of all for my new kitchen, my DH thinks this is hilarious cos he would never criticise my cooking - he enjoys it too much. I will have to stitch this one twice as a dear friend wants one too!

At the bottom was a beautiful Christmas box, which I love and will store some Christmas treasures in.

Now, at this point, not having read the customs form, I thought I had got to the bottom of it and idly opened the box.

Wow, out tumbled a huge array of wonderful fabrics, 5 beautiful christmas fabrics and 4 others. I fell in love with 2/3 yard of the christmas gingerbread one. Had to wrest that one away from my friend too!

I also love the one that is printed with lots of currency notes from around the world. I have been thinking of making a wallet and that one will spur me on.

Last but not least a wonderful magnifying needle threader. Deborah, you must have a crystal ball because when you posted it, even I did not know that eye surgery that I had last December had failed and I am not seeing properly.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-226659.jpe   attachment-226660.jpe   attachment-226661.jpe  
    Old 07-15-2011, 02:55 AM

Yesterday afternoon I received the nicest squishy from JHolm filled with magazines, absolutely gorgeous fabrics in all of my favorite colors, designer paper and pen, sewing needles, hand lotion and lip balm along with a beautiful Quilt themed card. I would love to find more of the heart fabric with the teal background if you would be kind enough to let me know the collection/designer. I am thrilled with my package! Thanks so much JHolm!!!

Trying to attach picture, may need to resize...will try again shortly. Such a great squishy...I want to share with everyone!!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-226663.jpe  
    Old 07-15-2011, 03:14 AM

Could it be me?!?