Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >
  • CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

• CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-21-2011, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by pennyj123
    Gday, there doesn't look like there is many left on the bench, am i here on my own. :(
    There has been some great packages received, and i love the magazines that you receive. I have just subscribed to Fon's & Porter, and get the newsletters to American patchwork & Quilting magazine, love your magazines, will have to dig one out and havanother read, bring a mag and i will share mine. :)
    There sure are some great packages being received this month! You are not alone PennyJ, I will be joining you on the bench and will also bring a few magazines and some strawberry shortcake to share with everyone.
    Old 06-21-2011, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
    Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Originally Posted by mooretll
    I know, what you mean.
    Originally Posted by Krystyna
    my package was delivered on the 10th but have not heard anything yet. Maybe out of town. but have not seen anything from them on the board either.
    Your item was delivered at 12:33 pm on June 10, 2011 in REHOBOTH, MA 02769.
    Mine was delivered and I didn't hear anything for days. I finally PM'd her and found out that she loved everything. Why she didn't send a thank you or post here is a mystery since I really sent her quite a nice package that included a book, an embroidered apron, and a whole bunch of other stuff. When you make up a special package for someone, it's nice to receive an acknowledgement. She has posted elsewhere. Now I don't feel bad that I forgot to put her candy in the package and ate it myself. Oh well. :(
    Yeah, my first two were like that. I had to chase them down and one didn't know where to post. Hopefully, Lori will weed out folks that aren't participating fully in the swap. :)

I'm going to start a bench sit, but I'm sure mine is on its way. I made chocolate Amish Bread. YUM!

Chocolate Amish Bread? I have had Amish friendship bread but never Chocolate Amish bread. Sounds yummy! can we pry the recipe out of you? :D
    It's actually very good, you expect a big chocolate taste and it really isn't there. But, I didn't put in the choco chips either, so that may be why. I also did a bit of changing, which I'll put next to the original.

Ingredients

1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
    3 eggs
    1 cup oil
    1/2 cup milk (I used 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup milk)
    1 cup sugar (I used 8oz of unsweetened applesauce instead)
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    2 cups flour
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1-2 boxes instant chocolate pudding 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 cup shredded coconut, sweetened (plus extra to sprinkle)

Directions

1. Preheat over to 325° F (165° C).
    2. Grease two large loaf pans and dust with sugar if desired.
    3. Add ingredients into mixing bowl and combine until moistened.
    4. Pour the batter evenly into the pans and sprinkle coconut on the top.
    5. Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
    Sounds Yummy!!
    Old 06-21-2011, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by mamaheath
    I received a wonderful package from NauhDeeGal today! I just got home from shopping with my sister for fabrics to make for her bridal party (which I am apart of). I saw a package on the counter and started jumping up and down. The package was stuffed tight with all my favorites. I received 10 beautiful batik fat quarters in my favorite jewel colors, a craft cady, many fun tote patterns that I can't wait to give a try, a magazine that I didnt get yet (which I have been wanting for a pattern that I have been following) and the cuttest little snap antique buttons. I am looking through the magazine now.

Thank you for your very thoughtful package. I cant wait to pick out a pattern to use those fat quarters.
    Heather,
    I am so happy for you that you liked the items I sent to you! Looking forward to seeing pics of the bags you make with any of these items or any that you make really! Bags are so fun to make!
    Enjoy!
    DeeDee
    Old 06-21-2011, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Linda58
    Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    I know, what you mean.
    Originally Posted by Krystyna
    my package was delivered on the 10th but have not heard anything yet. Maybe out of town. but have not seen anything from them on the board either.
    Your item was delivered at 12:33 pm on June 10, 2011 in REHOBOTH, MA 02769.
    Mine was delivered and I didn't hear anything for days. I finally PM'd her and found out that she loved everything. Why she didn't send a thank you or post here is a mystery since I really sent her quite a nice package that included a book, an embroidered apron, and a whole bunch of other stuff. When you make up a special package for someone, it's nice to receive an acknowledgement. She has posted elsewhere. Now I don't feel bad that I forgot to put her candy in the package and ate it myself. Oh well. :(
    Yeah, my first two were like that. I had to chase them down and one didn't know where to post. Hopefully, Lori will weed out folks that aren't participating fully in the swap. :)

I'm going to start a bench sit, but I'm sure mine is on its way. I made chocolate Amish Bread. YUM!

Chocolate Amish Bread? I have had Amish friendship bread but never Chocolate Amish bread. Sounds yummy! can we pry the recipe out of you? :D
    It's actually very good, you expect a big chocolate taste and it really isn't there. But, I didn't put in the choco chips either, so that may be why. I also did a bit of changing, which I'll put next to the original.

Ingredients

1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
    3 eggs
    1 cup oil
    1/2 cup milk (I used 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup milk)
    1 cup sugar (I used 8oz of unsweetened applesauce instead)
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    2 cups flour
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1-2 boxes instant chocolate pudding 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 cup shredded coconut, sweetened (plus extra to sprinkle)

Directions

1. Preheat over to 325° F (165° C).
    2. Grease two large loaf pans and dust with sugar if desired.
    3. Add ingredients into mixing bowl and combine until moistened.
    4. Pour the batter evenly into the pans and sprinkle coconut on the top.
    5. Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
    Sounds Yummy!!
    What is in the starter mix? Or do you have to get the starter from someone that shares it with you?
    Old 06-21-2011, 05:33 AM

I'd join everyone on the bench today, but I have to work. Besides, it's going to be 100+ degrees, so I'll be happy to stay in the air conditioned office. And if my squishie isn't here at the end of the work day, I'll bring my sweet juicy watermelon and cherries for a while after dark. Of course I'll share!!
    Old 06-21-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by pennyj123
    Gday, there doesn't look like there is many left on the bench, am i here on my own. :(
    There has been some great packages received, and i love the magazines that you receive. I have just subscribed to Fon's & Porter, and get the newsletters to American patchwork & Quilting magazine, love your magazines, will have to dig one out and havanother read, bring a mag and i will share mine. :)
    I'm here with you on the bench, maybe we'll get something today.
    Old 06-21-2011, 05:49 AM

For all those still on the bench..I hope that your special package comes today :)
    Old 06-21-2011, 06:10 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Ok I am ready for July sign up!!!! :-) Is time yet, is it, huh, is it. LOL
    Old 06-21-2011, 07:04 AM
    Power Poster

Great swaps everyone.Glad to see them still getting delivered.Maybe mine will come soon too. Mary
    Old 06-21-2011, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    Ok I am ready for July sign up!!!! :-) Is time yet, is it, huh, is it. LOL
    Lori just PM'd me that the July Swap has not started yet.