Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >
  • CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

• CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-21-2011, 11:33 AM

This is my first time doing a swap and I really enjoyed buying but not sure I like it if never get anything in return. I am just like you others when I go out I think gee that would be nice for my Secret Pal.
    Old 06-21-2011, 11:35 AM

Nope you are not alone, I think the poor mailmen/woman are getting that scary stalked feeling again from all of the eyes staring at them from behind fences and under bushes! LOL :shock:
    Old 06-21-2011, 11:45 AM

I am with you on the bench, no package for me. Maybe tomorrow, I hope.
    Old 06-21-2011, 12:04 PM

Still on the bench like the rest of you. But then we do have a mail strike going on. Hopefully the government will pass the bill to order the posties back to work soon.
    Old 06-21-2011, 12:16 PM

I sure feel bad for all of you up in Canada. It can be hard sitting on the bench for so long! Hope the government passes the bill too so you all can get your special packages.
    Old 06-21-2011, 12:53 PM

I received my Swap package today, from SL Hughes. Thank you so much Stacey!! I am overwhelmed by all the beautiful things you have chosen to send to me. Really, overwhelmed!

Everyone, this box was just too good to be true and I feel so grateful for the chance to participate. Stacey included a gorgeous embroidery kit that is a table topper. It has satin stitch sunflowers all around in a circle on the top which is 100% cotton and has a lovely finish to it. Also there was a full yard of beautiful blue cotton fabric that will match and fit in with my blue collection just perfectly! Also there is a set of three fine line Chacopel marking pencils, some decorative needle threaders, a travel box for my rotary cutter or pens and pencils, a spool of Gutterman thread in white, four packages of flowers seeds, a notebook and pen set and a magnetic shopping list. Stacey also sent along a darling quilters survival tin filled with goodies for the quilter and an assortment of chocolate bars with almonds!! I could not be happier. Thanks again, Stacey, you've made my swap this month so special!!!

Rose L
    Old 06-21-2011, 01:43 PM

My package came today - from Soniboo. Thank you so much! She did a great job with her selections. The fabrics are all colors I love. I especially like the gold and the one with the sunflowers. The Christmas tin is cute - I collect decorated tins and this will fit in nice with the others I have. The quilt book has a lot of cute ideas for Xmas gifts. Of course the candy is a huge hit! And, not included in the picture, but so appreciated - was a bag of milkbones for Rusty! He was nosing around the box even before it was opened!
    Old 06-21-2011, 01:48 PM

I am having trouble getting the photo to attach. I'll try again! Don't know if it is my computer or this site.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-214957.jpe  
    Old 06-21-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    I show 53 people have not sent me a pm telling me that they have received their firmie or squishy. So until we can bring this down we can not start July. If your name is on this list and you HAVE received your package please send me a pm telling me so. Only a small number are because of the Canada Postal Strike. So here goes!
    antiquegirll68/Aurora/BabkaGal/barefootquilter/birdlady/Bluequilter/Boops56/cannyquilter/CarolinePaj/cherrio/cherylW/crafty grammie/dotcomdtcm/fayza/fayzer/grammyj/great aunt jacqui/hoffim/hoppa/jaciqltznok/jennifer22206/jleister/joellenc/LAQUITA/lawsonmugs/littleone/LoriEl/maggiesmom/moedeenie/NauDeeGal/newquilter10/nurse bonnie/patimint/Pennyj123/QuiltingAggi/quiltinggran/reginalovesfabric/Rita's mom/Rose L/Rusty's Mama/Sharon Ann/shawnna/shellyhoffman/sherylb/Sienn's Gigi/SLHughes/ssnare/sustraley/tedytrser/TFQuilter/TOOMANYUFO'S/twinkie/wenot
    Lori, Hoppa packages should be arriving soon!, we've been in touch so he knows it's on it way! Because we both were or been on vacation he knows why it's late! But not for long! I'm so happy to get it out of the way! LOL Its been a worry to me for being late sending.... So Sorry Hoppa for being a late sender!
    Old 06-21-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Nope you are not alone, I think the poor mailmen/woman are getting that scary stalked feeling again from all of the eyes staring at them from behind fences and under bushes! LOL :shock:
    I am so happy I got my package yesterday. It is my first month in the SP swap and I felt for sure I would somehow get missed. I would have been so sad. Now I am even more excited about participating next month, and am already thinking about what to include.