Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >
  • CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

• CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-23-2011, 03:06 AM

Connie - I put your family and others on my prayer list. Keep us posted in case we can do anything to help.
    Jeanne
    Old 06-23-2011, 03:27 AM

Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family. Let us know what we can do to help.
    Originally Posted by mtquilter09
    I know that this may not be the place to post this but you guys out there are the only ones outside of family that I keep in contact with--will you all please pray for all of the people in Minot, ND as over 11,000 have been evacuated due to major flooding--3 of my children and their families are among them and both my daughters will more then likely to lose their homes and I am 1,000 miles away and can't be there to give them a hug and make it all better--feel pretty helpless thanks all for your prayers for all these people
    Old 06-23-2011, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Any time. I must admit that I had great fun making all those things for Moedeenie. At the moment it is my escape from all the studying I have to do. I am here at the moment, instead of writing an essay. My excuse it it is after 10.30 pm and I need some rest after being at it all day!
    Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Sue it is a beautiful color.I see I'm gonna have to trade some homemade goodies with you.lol.Mary
    Here is a better picture of the magnificent scarf that I received from Tussymussy in England. It is truly an elegant and unique accessory in a shimmery silver/blue color w/ fringe. As you can see it opens up to a hearty shawl size and can also be used as a scarf or a belt with a long summer dress. I have been playing dress up all morning!!! Now to check the pantry and whip up a batch of Caraway Cookies with Caraway Seeds from Tussymussy's garden for an afternoon shack along with a cup of Blackcurrant & Mangosteen Tea. Thanks again Tussymussy for each and every treasure you included in my secret pal package! You really made me feel special! (see previous post/picture to see a description of all the wonderful goodies I received)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-215527.jpe  
    Old 06-23-2011, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie
    Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Any time. I must admit that I had great fun making all those things for Moedeenie. At the moment it is my escape from all the studying I have to do. I am here at the moment, instead of writing an essay. My excuse it it is after 10.30 pm and I need some rest after being at it all day!
    Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Sue it is a beautiful color.I see I'm gonna have to trade some homemade goodies with you.lol.Mary
    Here is a better picture of the magnificent scarf that I received from Tussymussy in England. It is truly an elegant and unique accessory in a shimmery silver/blue color w/ fringe. As you can see it opens up to a hearty shawl size and can also be used as a scarf or a belt with a long summer dress. I have been playing dress up all morning!!! Now to check the pantry and whip up a batch of Caraway Cookies with Caraway Seeds from Tussymussy's garden for an afternoon shack along with a cup of Blackcurrant & Mangosteen Tea. Thanks again Tussymussy for each and every treasure you included in my secret pal package! You really made me feel special! (see previous post/picture to see a description of all the wonderful goodies I received)
    That is a VERY beautiful scarf..I can only imagine how it feels..It looks so soft and fragile looking..Very elegant..
    Old 06-23-2011, 06:30 AM

WOW! That is gorgeous Moe! Nice pkg TussyMussy!

Is it July yet? :):):)
    Old 06-23-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    I got a package from FQ Stash Queen today and didn't get home until after 10 tonight and left my camera at a friends so will post pictures tomorrow. You will not believe what she sent!!
    Did she send you One HUNKA Gorgeous Man with an endless bank account? Here's hoping she did. LOL
    Old 06-23-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
    I got a package from FQ Stash Queen today and didn't get home until after 10 tonight and left my camera at a friends so will post pictures tomorrow. You will not believe what she sent!!
    Did she send you One HUNKA Gorgeous Man with an endless bank account? Here's hoping she did. LOL
    Sorry, but he cost over the $10 limit. :wink:
    Old 06-23-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by mtquilter09
    I know that this may not be the place to post this but you guys out there are the only ones outside of family that I keep in contact with--will you all please pray for all of the people in Minot, ND as over 11,000 have been evacuated due to major flooding--3 of my children and their families are among them and both my daughters will more then likely to lose their homes and I am 1,000 miles away and can't be there to give them a hug and make it all better--feel pretty helpless thanks all for your prayers for all these people
    Sending thoughts and prayers out for you all.
    Old 06-23-2011, 06:55 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Deanna that's what I got!! just kidding still waiting for mine.Hope all is well with everyone in the flooded area.Mary
    Old 06-23-2011, 06:58 AM

I am off the bench! Got my SP pkg today. She did not send her user name, so I don't know who to thank. I'll pm Lori for the info. I am very satisfied with my gift. I received a Moda "It's Snowing" charm pack. Moda is one of my favorite fabric co. and some of the squares have snowmen on them. I collect snowmen, so two of my favorite things in one gift. Then I received another charm pack, this one was from Northcott "Heaven on Earth" Another great fabric co. I especially like Northcott because the fabric is excellent quality and it has such a great feeling to it. I had said that my favorite colors were pinks-burgundy, the bundle has various colors, but the flower sqs. are pink and burg. During the time when this particular fabric line came out, I actually made a breast cancer block for Northcott's contest and used the pink/burgundy flower fabric as my main fabric, so I do really like it. I also received a July/Aug issue of Quiltmaker. It happens to be a magazine that I do not subscribe to. I was very happy. I will try to get my daughter to take picture.