Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >
  • CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

• CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-23-2011, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    I am off the bench! Got my SP pkg today. She did not send her user name, so I don't know who to thank. I'll pm Lori for the info. I am very satisfied with my gift. I received a Moda "It's Snowing" charm pack. Moda is one of my favorite fabric co. and some of the squares have snowmen on them. I collect snowmen, so two of my favorite things in one gift. Then I received another charm pack, this one was from Northcott "Heaven on Earth" Another great fabric co. I especially like Northcott because the fabric is excellent quality and it has such a great feeling to it. I had said that my favorite colors were pinks-burgundy, the bundle has various colors, but the flower sqs. are pink and burg. During the time when this particular fabric line came out, I actually made a breast cancer block for Northcott's contest and used the pink/burgundy flower fabric as my main fabric, so I do really like it. I also received a July/Aug issue of Quiltmaker. It happens to be a magazine that I do not subscribe to. I was very happy. I will try to get my daughter to take picture.
    What a nice package, I LOVE Moda too. I haven't seen the It's Snowing charm pack I wonder if it is still available? I am off to go look it up.lol

Sorry so many are still waiting on packages, I am also. I know alot of things come up in life and make hard to send out on time but it seems like there are alot every month that are late or don't come at all. I know I posted a few months ago that I have just as much fun shopping and sending a package as I do recieving one, but I got to admit my enthusiasm is starting to fade a little bit. I am not going to lie.

This is the 3rd or 4th month that mine has been late or didn't come at all and a wonderful angel had to step up and send one. I hope this doesn't sound ugly on my part but I don't know why people sign up for these swaps if they don't want to follow through. It ruins the fun for everyone else who are either waiting on their package or are ready to start the next one. I hope this doesn't sound mean and I know there are alot of real reasons packages get sent late but they can't all be. Sorry to be so negative. :-(
    Old 06-23-2011, 02:11 PM

Cheer up Rita's Mom. Tomorrow is another day and another mail delivery. Keeping my fingers crossed that your package arrives really soon.

Lots of quilty hugs to keep you going.
    Old 06-23-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by mtquilter09
    I really appreciate all the kind words and all the prayers that are going up around the world for my family--update--they are evacuating more people today that only have a 4 hr notice to be out--instead of 10 extra ft of water they are now expecting closer to 14-15 ft of water--this will wipe out very large areas of this city--the cities nickname is the Magic City--lets hope the Magic happens and there isn't as much devatation as they are predicting--so far my family has gotten all the things out that they wanted but its the longterm that is so scarry esecially for my one daughter that is a single parent to two great boys 7 and 9 months old--the 7yr old is out here with grandma right now and not sure when he will be going home(I think he should stay here until he's at least 30)love all the great words of encouragment--I feel better--thanks
    I've been watch the updates on TV about this and it is truly frightening! I will keep watching and keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Old 06-23-2011, 02:52 PM

I am still on the bench with you all. It is cold and rainy here too so may have to move inside and hope tomorrow is the day. I sure hope so. Maybe if I do not send mine way early it would not fell like it takes forever!!
    Old 06-23-2011, 03:03 PM

I received the nicest Thank you card in the snail mail yesterday from my SP that I sent a firmy too. Wasn't expecting that and am so very gratefull. Thank you Ladybug1938!

Verna2197
    Old 06-23-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by skaduzy
    Well, I am off the bench too! I came home from work and there was my package waiting for me....all the way across the Atlantic Ocean from England. Thanks, Cannyquilter (Eileen)! I got fat quarters in my favorite colors, pink, yellow and green, Yorkshire tea, chocolate bar, 2 packs of hot chocolate, pillow panels with gramma and her cat (who is watching just like my cat does), a mystery book which I will take on vacation with me, scissors, more candy, a tote bag in pink, patriotic USA buttons for my favorite 4th of July holiday, sticky notepad, 4 of her personal recipes to help me with my 17-day diet, and a very nice note from Eileen. I think it is great to receive a gift from another country because you get goodies that are different than what you would get in the USA.
    Thanks so much! I love it all! (will eat the chocolate now!)
    So ploeased you enjoyed your package and it arrived quickly and safely.

I am back from holiday and I think I have received my pakage also but it was left with a neighbour and dont think they would appreciate me knocking on them at this time of night (it's just after midnight)

Had a great holiday and it will be lovely to see what my package is.

I love the fact also that it comes from a different country and I learn a little about new people and new areas.

As to my 17 day diet its back to day one tomorrow!!
    Old 06-23-2011, 04:01 PM

Oh rats, thought you might have had him in your stash!...hehehe

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
    Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    I got a package from FQ Stash Queen today and didn't get home until after 10 tonight and left my camera at a friends so will post pictures tomorrow. You will not believe what she sent!!
    Did she send you One HUNKA Gorgeous Man with an endless bank account? Here's hoping she did. LOL
    Sorry, but he cost over the $10 limit. :wink:
    Old 06-23-2011, 04:03 PM

My awesome package is from Shawnna. She took the time to make me some very special things, all coordinated in pink! And her gift brings blessings for my kids, and my diet! Shawnna, if you are near Austin, I hope to meet you in person!!

3 zipper cases
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]215828[/ATTACH]

thoughtfully filled with goodies
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]215829[/ATTACH]

and a beautiful pin cushion
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]215830[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-215822.jpe   attachment-215823.jpe   attachment-215824.jpe  
    Old 06-23-2011, 04:11 PM

Sorry to hear about this ... Hope it gets better. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family and all the ones that are experiencing this.

Hugs,

Originally Posted by mtquilter09
    I know that this may not be the place to post this but you guys out there are the only ones outside of family that I keep in contact with--will you all please pray for all of the people in Minot, ND as over 11,000 have been evacuated due to major flooding--3 of my children and their families are among them and both my daughters will more then likely to lose their homes and I am 1,000 miles away and can't be there to give them a hug and make it all better--feel pretty helpless thanks all for your prayers for all these people
    Old 06-23-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
    Oh rats, thought you might have had him in your stash!...hehehe

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
    Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    I got a package from FQ Stash Queen today and didn't get home until after 10 tonight and left my camera at a friends so will post pictures tomorrow. You will not believe what she sent!!
    Did she send you One HUNKA Gorgeous Man with an endless bank account? Here's hoping she did. LOL
    Sorry, but he cost over the $10 limit. :wink:
    Got One Hunka Man, but no endless bank account, and he's staying in my stash. :thumbup: