Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >
  • CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

• CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-25-2011, 10:00 AM

Thanks for all of the help with copy/paste. I got it to work, so saved a lot of time.
    Old 06-25-2011, 10:13 AM
    Power Poster

I got it to work too. How simple is that. Now I wrote it down and hope I can find it for aug swap also.lol Thanks Mary
    Old 06-25-2011, 11:26 AM

Here is the binder holder. You guys crack me up! I understood right away what it was. Using this you can keep youe binding wrinkle free until you are ready to use it. I used a short piece of fabric I had laying around (literally)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-216541.jpe   attachment-216542.jpe   attachment-216543.jpe  
    Old 06-25-2011, 11:48 AM

With my luck, it would roll off the vibrating sewing table and the dogs would have it out the door, binding and all!
    Old 06-25-2011, 11:49 AM

Oops!
    Old 06-25-2011, 12:57 PM

For all of the info for monthly swap, I cut and paste (with all of the info) and put it under my own name in my "Buddy List". That way, the next month all I have to do is copy it to Lori and revise anything that has changed.
    Old 06-25-2011, 01:26 PM

I receive a great package from Robin (bepositive) today.She sent 2fq's
    Quick Quilts magazine,magnetic note pad,Thread, 1/4" seam guide,cutest little sheep skin mini duster for sewing machine and computer.A beautiful zipper bag that she made with a thimble from New York in it for my collection. Also pk of yummy Hershey's bars,only one left.I shared them with DH and neighbor. I love every thing, Thank you Robin for all the great gifts!!!
    Old 06-25-2011, 01:31 PM

Oh boy, that is weather. Can I send you some of our drought..... it lasted 6 days and has rained every day since. Thing they got it wrong again!

I your daughter & her family OK Connie? Prayers continue.

Originally Posted by mtquilter09
    This is a picture of where my youngest daughter's mobile home was located so much damage for the people of Minot, Nd and surounding area
    Old 06-25-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
    Sharon...I could not even remember half of that info in instructions...you are so smart. My DD is here...might as well put her to work lol.
    Originally Posted by SharonAnne
    Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    Can anyone tell me if there is a way to copy and paste all of the info and get it in Lori's PM to join July SP. Last time I had to retype it all. Too lazy for that. Last time I tried highlighting it, but did work. Help if you can.

I also could not figure out the binding holder. I did however, know what a pool noodle was because DH has used them on our lobster boat to put around hoses and items that he didn't want chaffed. Glad someone asked.

I didn't know you could type in the info when it is in the PM. What I do is open a word doc - type away (a LOT since I'm kind of eclectic and like to do many things). I use the last month's doc and alter as I see fit, so I don't have type it all over every month. Then I : Highlight, Control C, open the PM to Lori, and Control V. And I'm good to go. Good luck.
    Dear Great Aunt Jacqui,

Thanks for the lovely compliment. It's really not a matter of smart, it just that I work with Word and Excel daily. One gets used to these things whether one wants to or not. I have to admit to being rusty having been laid off for 2 years. 3 weeks ago I was offered a FT job - wow - it really hurt my brain to have to recall all this stuff. But back in the groove now.

What I need help with is quilting. I can meander just fine because there is not a lot of string to deal with afterwards. But when I cross hatch my Bow Tucks, there are so many to deal with. Without ever having a class, I figured I should draw the thread to the back and tie knots so they don't fray. Take a look at my Bow Tuck attached. It is lined, so is tying all the knots necessary or am I making a lot of work for myself for nothing. Thanks for your help. I know you are an expert quilter and will give me sage advice.

Cheers, Sharon

Front of Seaweed Bow Tuck Purse
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]216642[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-216636.jpe  
    Old 06-25-2011, 02:19 PM

Oh my!!! I went to the Dollar Tree today and the VERY first thing that greeted me when I walked in the door was a display of, "you guessed it", noodles!!! Boy am I dumb. And Lori, I have that fabric. Thanks for the photo - I finally see the light, she said "red-faced".... lol. No package today, but I'm OK. Having fun just watching the thread (sorry for pun) and enjoying speaking my mind here.