Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >
  • CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

• CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-13-2011, 06:36 AM

I am sending out my swap right now. Here is a clue to the state it is going to. IT IS ALWAYS ON MY MIND.
    Will send est delivery date later today.
    Old 06-13-2011, 06:42 AM
    Swap Hosts

I just got the sweetest package from Bluequilter. An adorable door that's just right for my little cottage - and two FQ's perfect for Independence day! Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-210824.jpe  
    Old 06-13-2011, 06:51 AM

My birthday is Dec 26th also...I had my first birthday party when I was 55 yoa...Christmas and birthday were combined when I was growing up.
    Old 06-13-2011, 06:58 AM

Today is the 13th only 2 more days to the deadline to mail!!!! I am late mailing out myself! I will be mailing mine tomorrow but still within the limit lol! 21 people have already received their package as of this morning that is a good start! Keep up the good work!
    Old 06-13-2011, 07:21 AM

sent my sp package out saturday it will delivered by friday someware in TX so keep your eyes on the lookout
    Old 06-13-2011, 07:40 AM

My squisy: Pattern from The Quilted Closet (Karen't North Star), fabric with chocolates ALL over it (I will use this to make sleeping masks for grand daughters to bring them "sweet dream", almost a dozen recipies for flavoried coffees (I'm starting at the top) Woo Hoo, Sweet Obsession chocolate bar, two spools of Gutermann thread, note cards, quilting needles, machine needles, silicone handled scissors, magnet of a cup of coffee with "behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of coffee", eye glass case, apron and the nicest homemade bag that can be used for so much.

Thank you crafty_linda_b for a wonderful squishy!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-210854.jpe  
    Old 06-13-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
    Originally Posted by Janetlmt
    I woke up this morning to a wonderful surprise at my doorstep this morning. My secret pal package from Mary (lawsonmugs) has arrived! I had a bad friday and this certainly did cheer me up.
    Mary sent 2 handmade pincushions. One was a dress makers form with a tiny tape measure draped over the neck, pins and a floral corsage..at the bottom "life's a stitch" was written. The other one was a sewing machine with great detail..it has a tiny tomato pincushion with tiny pins in it, a spool of thread, a thimble and a threaded needle..with a tiny tape measure and scissors. It is so adorable.

My mother enjoyed the package as much as I did.
    She also included a crockpot hot pad. Which is perching at this moment on my crockpot of soup. She also made a pretty manicure pouch with tools inside. It is made with a purple/pink batik fabric. She also sent some pretty fall fabric. I have tons of fabric, but no fall fabrics. There is a package of fall leaf buttons. I have ideas circling in my head for a project using them.
    Yesterday I was going through my bobbin box and the thread was tangled and everywhere...not any more. She include a package of ponytail elastics to hold the thread in place
    She sent a cute notebook with gerbera daisies on it..that is hiding in a side pocket of my purse...granddaughter Chloe is always rooting through my purse. Hopefully she won't find it!
    To top the package off she sent my favorite York peppermint patties..and a nice homemade card. I love homemade things...
    Thank you so much Mary..I love all of the items in the package. You certainly made it special.
    I can't wait for hubby to get home to show him. Then I can spring it on him that I need that shelf put up. The shelf is very old, it came out of my bedroom at my childhood home. I think I need to do a little eye batting. LOL.
    Peace and Blessings, and tons of hugs
    Thank you so much!
    lol those pincushions are adorable. I wish I could come up with ideas like that. :D

Also, my SP package will be going out on Monday...only other hint I can give is...it is going straight East of me to a c-c-c-cold winter state that is having snowpack flooding right now. :)
    That has to be Montana. My family lives there and that is where I am from. They are having a time of it with the rain and the snowfall runoff.
    Old 06-13-2011, 08:15 AM

If all goes well, my package should be going to a location south of me and a bit to east. My husband's cousin used to live there. That state has been thru quite a bit lately itself. I am grateful that my SP does what she does for others.
    Old 06-13-2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Somebody WAY east of me should be getting her package to day!:)
    hope it is me :D
    Old 06-13-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnc
    Juli wrote:
    Does anyone in here have a December birthday? My sister just found out she's pregnant and is due the 9th.

Mine is Dec 12th
    my sister is the 5th
    my neice isthe 3rd