• CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >
  • CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

• CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-15-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by mooretll
    I know, what you mean.
    Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Originally Posted by mooretll
    my package was delivered on the 10th but have not heard anything yet. Maybe out of town. but have not seen anything from them on the board either.
    Your item was delivered at 12:33 pm on June 10, 2011 in REHOBOTH, MA 02769.
    Mine was delivered and I didn't hear anything for days. I finally PM'd her and found out that she loved everything. Why she didn't send a thank you or post here is a mystery since I really sent her quite a nice package that included a book, an embroidered apron, and a whole bunch of other stuff. When you make up a special package for someone, it's nice to receive an acknowledgement. She has posted elsewhere. Now I don't feel bad that I forgot to put her candy in the package and ate it myself. Oh well. :(
    Yeah, my first two were like that. I had to chase them down and one didn't know where to post. Hopefully, Lori will weed out folks that aren't participating fully in the swap. :)

I'm going to start a bench sit, but I'm sure mine is on its way. I made chocolate Amish Bread. YUM!
    Old 06-15-2011, 07:56 AM
    Power Poster

If you check the sign up list for your name or the person you sent to you can see if they posted recieving a swap. Seems only proper and friendly to at least send a thank you.Very cute apron sent. When you take the time to make something special it hurts more when your not even told they recieved it.Some have posted they will be gone,so give them some time.Also today is the final day to send out a swap with out being late.I see some are appologizing for being late even though they sent out today. It's not late yet. lol Lori tends to catch alot of heck about this time of the swap. She was kind enough to step up to this task of running our swap. So please remember to be a little patient and follow the rules. Also a thank you to Lori is always nice. Lecture over.lol. have a good day and enjoy your swaps. Mary
    Old 06-15-2011, 07:58 AM
    Swap Hosts

99.9% of the people on this board are kind, considerate and just plain wonderful. Those are the ones I'm going to concentrate on. I'm over it.
    Old 06-15-2011, 08:00 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    99.9% of the people on this board are kind, considerate and just plain wonderful. Those are the ones I'm going to concentrate on. I'm over it.
    That's the truth.Don't let someone's rudness get in the way of the fun we have. Mary
    Old 06-15-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    my best friend's daughter and husband's birthday are both on dec. 26th. they have celebrated their daughter's birthday for all of her 18 years. i guess it's a family decision and sometimes it is probably based on family economics.

i have a brother whose birthday is Nov 25th which sometimes falls on thanksgiving. the family always made a point to have cake & ice cream for his birthday. he's 40+ with 3 three kids & a wife now and she still takes care to celebrate his birthday when it falls on the holiday.

i am sure as a child it seems so unfair and it's hard to understand. but once you are an adult, i am a big believer that you should start your own traditions.

one of my nephews is so stymied by the fact that his birthday wasnt a big to do while he was growing up but his mother had a large family and i am sure it was because of finances. he gets so upset when you talk to him about his birthday so i asked him what has he done to celebrate his birthday since he left home and didnt he know that he can do whatever he wants now. he is puzzled by that thought. so this year for his birthday (jul 12) i am taking him zip lining over the meramec caverns as a surprise. hopefully this will be the beginning of a tradition for him.

Originally Posted by katvert
    Originally Posted by Juli
    Does anyone in here have a December birthday? My sister just found out she's pregnant and is due the 9th.
    I am Dec 26.... growing up it was no fun.
    Try having a birthday on February 29th especially when in the off years people say since there isn't a 29th, you really don't have a birthday. Or you get cards showing how old you are in leap years! Now I hear that they don't even put Feb 29th as the birthday of a baby. Born before noon it is the 28th and after noon it is Mar 1.
    Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 AM
    Power Poster

that's sad and just plain wrong.My mom's b-day was feb 28 close but no leap year baby.Mary
    Old 06-15-2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    I got word this morning that Canada has suspended all mail because of the strike. They were doing a rotating strike.
    Yes, they finally shut it down completely! I decided to opt out this month because of their stupid strike and have really missed the excitement of it all. Waiting to see if my pal liked her package and waiting for mine were so much fun each month. They better end this strike before next month so I can take part again. I have loved seeing the packages everyone else has been getting this month.
    Old 06-15-2011, 09:17 AM

Out for Delivery, June 15, 2011, 9:00 am

My SP should have their package or be getting it really soon!!! Can't wait :)
    Old 06-15-2011, 09:47 AM

Will join you on the bench :wink: I too, am sure mine is on the way but it will be nice to sit on the bench and enjoy the weather along with some good food and beverages..I will bring some sweet tea and homemade peach cobbler with cream on top :thumbup:
    Old 06-15-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by babyfireo4
    Out for Delivery, June 15, 2011, 9:00 am

My SP should have their package or be getting it really soon!!! Can't wait :)
    It's me! I got it!! I got it!!!

Wow she really did pack that box! just kept finding more stuff to pull out. I got a bunch of different fabrics, some really nice smelling candles (I love candles!) Just a little bit of everything. Cutest little scissors. I had seen those bird scissors, but had never bought one. Now I have a pair and they are really pretty!
    **Pay no attention to the half eaten candy. I plead the 5th, me and the kids just had to dig into them.
    Thank you thank you!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-211846.jpe