Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >
  • CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

• CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-15-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by wanderingcreek
    Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    I got word this morning that Canada has suspended all mail because of the strike. They were doing a rotating strike.
    Yes, they finally shut it down completely! I decided to opt out this month because of their stupid strike and have really missed the excitement of it all. Waiting to see if my pal liked her package and waiting for mine were so much fun each month. They better end this strike before next month so I can take part again. I have loved seeing the packages everyone else has been getting this month.
    I did join this month and as of yesterday my parcel I sent to my secret pal was in the U.S. Thank goodness for that.

For receiving mine ... I am and will be very patient ... I am sure the waiting will be well worth the wait as it always is.

These swaps are so much fun. I really enjoy them and cant wait for the next one begin and yes I hope the postal strike will be off by then.

:thumbup:
    Old 06-15-2011, 10:52 AM

I sent mine out today, its later than usual. I dont like to keep my sp waiting. Any way its going north east of me and I have not seen her post on here. So if you post, its not you. sorry
    Old 06-15-2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
    Originally Posted by babyfireo4
    Out for Delivery, June 15, 2011, 9:00 am

My SP should have their package or be getting it really soon!!! Can't wait :)
    It's me! I got it!! I got it!!!

Wow she really did pack that box! just kept finding more stuff to pull out. I got a bunch of different fabrics, some really nice smelling candles (I love candles!) Just a little bit of everything. Cutest little scissors. I had seen those bird scissors, but had never bought one. Now I have a pair and they are really pretty!
    **Pay no attention to the half eaten candy. I plead the 5th, me and the kids just had to dig into them.
    Thank you thank you!!
    Just so you know those candles are "cold wax" (so if the kids put their fingers in it they won't be burnt by the wax). So you want to light the votives in a candle holder cuz it will liquify completely after about an hour.

Oh and the top of the middle part of that singer pin holder pops off. it's a lid and there's a thimble and some pins in it :)
    Old 06-15-2011, 10:58 AM

Whew only just made the post office before it closed so I didn't miss the deadline. I was so full of good intentions to get my parcel out early but oh how life gets in the way. I didn't even manage to get something made to go in so might have to send that seperate if I get time when I get back from my holiday. I am off to Spain tomorrow for one week so if my package arrives whilst I am away I will not be able to post until the 24th June.

How's this for a shared language on the info form under favourite holiday I put lots of sunshine, a good book and a glass of wine (which is what I am going to have from tomorrow) what I think you were looking for was Christmas!!!!

My package should take about two weeks so someone in a state beginning with O (is there more than one?) should start looking in about 10 days. You could join Tussymussy's SP waiting on the bench as she posted her package today also. I wonder which one will get there first.
    Old 06-15-2011, 11:02 AM

I just checked on my sp's package and it is delieverd as of 10:09 am. I just mailed it Monday and she already got delivery. That was real fast. It went across the country, or at least 2/3 of it.
    Old 06-15-2011, 11:09 AM

Mailed my SP package today and she should receive it by the 17th! It's going a little east of me and she likes purple!
    Old 06-15-2011, 11:13 AM

I'm east and purple is my fav. color! Nah couldn't be lol I never guess right :)
    Old 06-15-2011, 11:17 AM

Not you babyfireo4 that wouldn't be any fun if you guessed! I'm sure yours is on the way!
    Old 06-15-2011, 11:30 AM

true but it's still fun to try :P
    Old 06-15-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene
    Mailed my SP package today and she should receive it by the 17th! It's going a little east of me and she likes purple!
    I am east of you : ) ...hmmm lots of good hints going on, its hard to figure out which one is coming to me :D