Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >
  • CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

• CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-15-2011, 06:39 PM

I'm ready for July's swap!! I feel like an addict, trying to find my supplier! lol Anybody else addicted, too?
    Old 06-15-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
    I'm ready for July's swap!! I feel like an addict, trying to find my supplier! lol Anybody else addicted, too?

:) :thumbup: me too!!!! It is as much.... No actually it is more fun finding what to put in your SP pkg than getting stuff! I love it!
    Old 06-15-2011, 07:19 PM

Just got home from an out of state trip and while I was gone my secret pal package arrived!! Thanks Familyfun for the great package of goodies! Eating one of the yummy peppermints now...loved the notecards, fabrics, embroidery thread and organizer and needles in the cutest little box.
    Old 06-15-2011, 07:44 PM

Congratulations Gwyn on your tenacity and willingness to adapt to your circumstances and successfully master a craft that many that have eyes have not been able to do. I applaud you in all the extra steps you have to take to do what we take for granted on a daily basis. My dad was famous for saying, " Where there is a WIll, there is a Way". I am happy you have found the Way. Continue to push the limits and expand your horizons by accepting the challenges that are presented in a positive way.

Let this be a lesson to those who are so ready to post that negative comment or question why they have not heard from their SP. Of course a "Thank You" is the polite thing to do, however it must come from the heart or it is of no value. In my humble opinion, if you are a member of this swap just to see your items posted and raved over, you are in it for all the wrong reasons. Gifts are given from the heart to be enjoyed by the receiver. If the giver wants the glory, they gave for the wrong reason.

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    The person who sent my gift was upset that I didn't post a thank you right away. Normally I wouldn't say anything but considering this is causing some really hurt feelings, I would like to appologize to her.

Krystyna: I am very sorry. I received your package on the 13th after my daughter went to the post office to retrieve the package. I will post pictures of your wonderful box as soon as my camera returns from a trip to Bear Lake with one of my children.

Perhaps some of the criticizm needs to be tempered with some facts. I am blind. Yes, with lots of help and technology I can still enjoy sewing and quilting. I've learned to crochet and knit by touch and can interpret patterns with the help of a closed circuit tv. Everything has to be magnified and modified so I can do things without using my eyes.

I have 2 closed circuit tv screens. One has been modified so I can use my rotory cutter on the base. The other is stationed so I can see instructions/drawings as I listen to the instructions being read by an electronic voice. I have a big magnifier that is attached to a special lamp that allows me to quilt by hand. You would be amazed at how 'independent' a person can be with the help of technology.

However, I can't drive. Even if I know there is a package at the post office, I can't go get it myself. The post office won't deliver it, even if they know I am here. I have to wait for someone who has time and the gas, to go get things for me. If I can't purchase things on line, I have to do without until someone will go to the store or post office for me.

Please accept my appology. I love all the wonderful gifts you sent. I'll have my daughter take pictures as soon as the camera returns to the house on Sunday. Thank you, thank you , thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Old 06-15-2011, 08:18 PM

One of my favorite quotes came from Mother Theresa of Calcutta. She said: (Losely remembered) If we spend our time judging people, we have no time left to love them.

Enough said. On to the July swaps. Y'all have fun. I have a new grandbaby to get ready for and I'm spending August and September doing family sewing. I'll be back for the Secret Santa and perhaps October and Novermber swaps. I love fall. Between now and then, I'll be watching to see what all of you wonderful quilters create. :)
    Old 06-15-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by skaduzy
    Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    Whew only just made the post office before it closed so I didn't miss the deadline. I was so full of good intentions to get my parcel out early but oh how life gets in the way. I didn't even manage to get something made to go in so might have to send that seperate if I get time when I get back from my holiday. I am off to Spain tomorrow for one week so if my package arrives whilst I am away I will not be able to post until the 24th June.

How's this for a shared language on the info form under favourite holiday I put lots of sunshine, a good book and a glass of wine (which is what I am going to have from tomorrow) what I think you were looking for was Christmas!!!!

My package should take about two weeks so someone in a state beginning with O (is there more than one?) should start looking in about 10 days. You could join Tussymussy's SP waiting on the bench as she posted her package today also. I wonder which one will get there first.
    I live in Ohio! Maybe it's me!
    NOOOOOO It's me...I live in OREGON. lol
    Old 06-15-2011, 09:00 PM

The gifties are all so unique and interesting. It's chilly out here on the bench, I am going in and get some milk and cookies. Then head to bed. Tomorrow is another day, maybe my SP giftie will arrive. Something to look forward too at the post office besides bills *L* I am looking forward to the July swap..do you think I am addicted? :shock:
    crafty_linda_b
    Old 06-15-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by grumpy90650
    well i certainly understand about duh moments...i have had one this month as well!!! lori had asked me to be an angel, and i most eagerly agreed....i thought i was being an angel for june, but come to find out, it was for may!!! so, i sent out my two packages.....my regular june sp recieved hers, she sent me a very nice pm.....the other package should be delivered today...so...someone who has already gotten her june package will be getting another package, and this package is your MAY package....i am soooooo sorry it is so late, i thought i was your june angel.......anyway, you live north of me, you have already received your june package, and you do not like peach.....again, so sorry for the mix up...!!!!!!!! gina
    Gina My Angel Thank you so much for my package.
    you went way above and beyond.
    I love everything you sent and my Gunner thanks you for his goodies, we have so needed a travel water bowl.
    Everything you chose was perfect and even the extra Birthday gift (WOW) and 3 plus yards of fabric and Guterman thread , purse making supplies. many many thank you's.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-212070.jpe  
    Old 06-15-2011, 09:19 PM

Your item was delivered at 4:37 pm on June 13, 2011 in SANTA ROSA, CA 95405.

Secret pal I hope you liked your package.
    Old 06-15-2011, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Originally Posted by reeskylr
    Originally Posted by mooretll
    I know, what you mean.
    Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Originally Posted by mooretll
    my package was delivered on the 10th but have not heard anything yet. Maybe out of town. but have not seen anything from them on the board either.
    Your item was delivered at 12:33 pm on June 10, 2011 in REHOBOTH, MA 02769.
    Mine was delivered and I didn't hear anything for days. I finally PM'd her and found out that she loved everything. Why she didn't send a thank you or post here is a mystery since I really sent her quite a nice package that included a book, an embroidered apron, and a whole bunch of other stuff. When you make up a special package for someone, it's nice to receive an acknowledgement. She has posted elsewhere. Now I don't feel bad that I forgot to put her candy in the package and ate it myself. Oh well. :(
    Yeah, my first two were like that. I had to chase them down and one didn't know where to post. Hopefully, Lori will weed out folks that aren't participating fully in the swap. :)

I'm going to start a bench sit, but I'm sure mine is on its way. I made chocolate Amish Bread. YUM!

Chocolate Amish Bread? I have had Amish friendship bread but never Chocolate Amish bread. Sounds yummy! can we pry the recipe out of you? :D
    It's actually very good, you expect a big chocolate taste and it really isn't there. But, I didn't put in the choco chips either, so that may be why. I also did a bit of changing, which I'll put next to the original.

Ingredients

1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
    3 eggs
    1 cup oil
    1/2 cup milk (I used 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup milk)
    1 cup sugar (I used 8oz of unsweetened applesauce instead)
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    2 cups flour
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1-2 boxes instant chocolate pudding 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 cup shredded coconut, sweetened (plus extra to sprinkle)

Directions

1. Preheat over to 325° F (165° C).
    2. Grease two large loaf pans and dust with sugar if desired.
    3. Add ingredients into mixing bowl and combine until moistened.
    4. Pour the batter evenly into the pans and sprinkle coconut on the top.
    5. Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.