• CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >
  • CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

• CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-17-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
    Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Originally Posted by reeskylr
    Originally Posted by Janetlmt
    I woke up this morning to a wonderful surprise at my doorstep this morning. My secret pal package from Mary (lawsonmugs) has arrived! I had a bad friday and this certainly did cheer me up.
    Mary sent 2 handmade pincushions. One was a dress makers form with a tiny tape measure draped over the neck, pins and a floral corsage..at the bottom "life's a stitch" was written. The other one was a sewing machine with great detail..it has a tiny tomato pincushion with tiny pins in it, a spool of thread, a thimble and a threaded needle..with a tiny tape measure and scissors. It is so adorable.
    My mother enjoyed the package as much as I did.
    She also included a crockpot hot pad. Which is perching at this moment on my crockpot of soup. She also made a pretty manicure pouch with tools inside. It is made with a purple/pink batik fabric. She also sent some pretty fall fabric. I have tons of fabric, but no fall fabrics. There is a package of fall leaf buttons. I have ideas circling in my head for a project using them.
    Yesterday I was going through my bobbin box and the thread was tangled and everywhere...not any more. She include a package of ponytail elastics to hold the thread in place
    She sent a cute notebook with gerbera daisies on it..that is hiding in a side pocket of my purse...granddaughter Chloe is always rooting through my purse. Hopefully she won't find it!
    To top the package off she sent my favorite York peppermint patties..and a nice homemade card. I love homemade things...
    Thank you so much Mary..I love all of the items in the package. You certainly made it special.
    I can't wait for hubby to get home to show him. Then I can spring it on him that I need that shelf put up. The shelf is very old, it came out of my bedroom at my childhood home. I think I need to do a little eye batting. LOL.
    Peace and Blessings, and tons of hugs
    Thank you so much!
    lol those pincushions are adorable. I wish I could come up with ideas like that. :D

Also, my SP package will be going out on Monday...only other hint I can give is...it is going straight East of me to a c-c-c-cold winter state that is having snowpack flooding right now. :)
    Thanks everyone for the compliments on the pin cushions.The dressmaker one came from the internet.The sewing machine I just made up.I only made a couple of them and this is the second one I have given away. I didn't know if it looked good enough to give someone.When you make up things it's hard to know how they will be liked. Mary
    You did a great job recreating a sewing machine. I love it!
    The sewing machine is great!!!! You could probably make some and sell them!
    Old 06-17-2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by LoriEl
    Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    Bring me some because I have it also. Including a fever for seven days now, sore throat and ear ache.
    Okay-I'll bring soup & tea for all!
    Thank you. I like chicken soup the best with little chunks of chicken and star pasta please. Herbal tea is best. Hope this bench has a cushion, looks like I may be here awhile.
    Old 06-17-2011, 07:45 AM

Thanks for all the compliments! I ended up not finishing the dahia pillow, could not find a pattern to make into the kind of pillow I wanted. I want to be able to off and put another design over the pillow as the mood strikes me. I have a very small 1 bedroom apt and not much room for wall hangings so I thought that pillows would be a good way to show what I am doing at the moment! Will finish for next year. I will not get my items back from the fair until Sunday afternoon but will take pictures then.
    Old 06-17-2011, 07:47 AM

Here is a picture of the bear I won and the happy girl that got her. Her name is Jade and she named her Fluffy.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-212788.jpe  
    Old 06-17-2011, 08:01 AM
    Power Poster

Lori I bet your smile is as big as Jade's. Congrats on your ribbons.Please show a picture when you get your items back.Thanks everyone for the nice things you've said about my little pincushion sewing machine.What really great swaps are out this month.Mary
    Old 06-17-2011, 08:15 AM

package was delivered yesterday hope you liked it

Delivered, June 16, 2011, 1:10 pm, MCKINNEY, TX 75070
    Out for Delivery, June 16, 2011, 10:38 am, MCKINNEY, TX 75070
    Sorting Complete, June 16, 2011, 10:28 am, MCKINNEY, TX 75070
    Arrival at Post Office, June 16, 2011, 9:50 am, MCKINNEY, TX 75070
    Processed through Sort Facility, June 15, 2011, 9:30 am, DALLAS, TX 75398
    Processed through Sort Facility, June 12, 2011, 11:59 pm, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201
    Acceptance, June 11, 2011, 11:21 am, FRESNO, CA 93705
    Old 06-17-2011, 08:20 AM

I received my package from havplenty she did a great job will send pic as soon as I find camera I know its in this room. Oh god I'm going to have to clean this again.

Next SP in bad need of housekeeper just saying
    Old 06-17-2011, 08:36 AM

Today did not start well. My assessment has faltered and the headache started......

Then the post man rang the bell. The lovely man had a large parcel for me. Broke a nail trying to get into it, but it was worth it.

Thank you so very much, Connie (mtquilter09) for the fabulous firmy you sent. In it was a beautiful vintage art box, a pretty note book, an amusing leg pincushion - this is nicely weighted so it won't fall off my work table so easily. A fabulous blue batik jelly roll, a fat 1/4 of spools of thread. The lovely Instant Gratification dark chocolate bar just had to be sampled immediately and the rest is now in the fridge. A lovely quilt novel, Quilt magazine and a copy of Quilts and more. Ooh, nearly forgot raspberry zinger, chinese and cinnamon tea bags and some lovely mixes, sugar free, to make cold drinks and Udder Cream. Didn't know that my udders were common knowledge :oops:

It felt like my birthday (6 weeks earlier and not really celebrated as I didn't like this one!).

Connie you are fantastically generous and you made me feel like a kid again! WooHoo!!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-212805.jpe   attachment-212806.jpe  
    Old 06-17-2011, 08:43 AM

Ok I see that my post about my SP being sent on the 15th didn't post, so here it is again. My Sp is going to a big military state. We were stationed the twice.
    Old 06-17-2011, 08:56 AM
    Power Poster

tussymussy your udder was showing but none of us wanted to say anything and embarass you. lol. Beautiful swap you got. Love the leg pincushion. Mary