Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed >
  • Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed

• Dear Jane Christmas Block Swap - Closed

Old 08-15-2009, 08:04 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
    As for the DJ in Jan. not to sure about it as I know there's alot of blocks in this book I know I can't make?? Will everyone do it in there own colors??
    yes everyone chooses their own colors because we're not swapping anything - just working together virtually.

i think some of the blocks are difficult and i'm hoping that we'll come up with a clever way to make some of them easier.

i'm all about the easy over the exact replica.
    Old 08-15-2009, 08:10 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    Are you aiming for 72 different blocks?

Or just 72 sets?

Or doesn't it really matter?

Like the way you are listing the "taken" ones - it's easy to follow
    the size that it grows to - is the size, makes no difference.

i never thought we'd get more than 18 people.

the only thing i limit is multiples, it duplicates - no triplicates on blocks.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:27 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    As for the DJ in Jan. not to sure about it as I know there's alot of blocks in this book I know I can't make?? Will everyone do it in there own colors??
    yes everyone chooses their own colors because we're not swapping anything - just working together virtually.

i think some of the blocks are difficult and i'm hoping that we'll come up with a clever way to make some of them easier.

I am redrafting mine so if anyone wants my version just ask. I also can see how I would do some of the harder ones. So I would be glad to help if I can.There are some I think only paper piecing would work but I don't do paper piecing so some of them I would use my cut down methods on them
    Old 08-15-2009, 08:28 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!!
    That's beautiful and you're darn fast.

Bettia
    Old 08-15-2009, 08:32 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Rhonda

I am redrafting mine so if anyone wants my version just ask. I also can see how I would do some of the harder ones. So I would be glad to help if I can.There are some I think only paper piecing would work but I don't do paper piecing so some of them I would use my cut down methods on them
    perfect. don't worry about the paper piecing because my first desire is to paper piece so i'll have that covered.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:41 AM
    Banned

i changed the quilt to more red than green (i have a lot of red in my stash) and i opened up the border a bit.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-18835.jpe  
    Old 08-15-2009, 08:49 AM
    Power Poster

perfect. don't worry about the paper piecing because my first desire is to paper piece so i'll have that covered.
    I debated on several of the blocks in row L because I could see how I would do them but I decided to just pick one at the time when I was looking at them.
    Old 08-15-2009, 08:53 AM
    Power Poster

WOW looks great, thanks Klue, great job.
    Couldn't you substitute some duplicates of the easier ones for the ones you can't make? It might not be an exact replica but you could still have fun with it. I don't know as I am not doing the one in Jan. Ask Klue if this is alright if you want to join in the fun!
    Old 08-15-2009, 09:16 AM
    Banned

WOW looks great, thanks Klue, great job.
    Couldn't you substitute some duplicates of the easier ones for the ones you can't make? It might not be an exact replica but you could still have fun with it. I don't know as I am not doing the one in Jan. Ask Klue if this is alright if you want to join in the fun!
    of course its ok, everyone is Jan is going to make their idea of a Jane Quilt. there is no right or wrong way.

i'm sure none of us will have the exact same Jane Quilt.
    Old 08-15-2009, 12:00 PM

WOW some of you ladies have your blocks done all ready? I have some of each done but will take a while to complete the, not sure about imfo on each on, I was just gonna add a postage label to the back of them?? (I'm doing 54 blocks)))