Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • DEC. fat quarter swap:  BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st >
  • DEC. fat quarter swap: BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st

• DEC. fat quarter swap: BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st

Old 12-02-2014, 05:15 PM

I love the 1st one, but the skulls made my shoulder blades shutter Just not quite my thing, sorry Kif.
    Bullock2us, your FQ's are in the mail and on their way to you.
    Old 12-02-2014, 06:21 PM

Kandy, skulls, ewwwww. hahaha I knew you would understand.
    Old 12-02-2014, 06:28 PM

after working for two days on a day of the dead apron I could see possibilities in that. Its all skulls, not my thing but its much wanted. isn't that why we make quilts for others? we use fabrics they love not necessarily ones that float our boats? I am making my son in law a boring sage and ivory quilt. it kills me. truly it does. its what they want however so.. what can I say? everyone loves something different. I tend to buy lots of either romantic roses and old fashioned French country matching fabrics.. or bold prints bold colors and then of course guilded fabrics. Never blenders never inbetween fabrics. Bet you do too.. have like three or four fabric styles you love and suddenly you have a collection of them but nothing else that you find you need!
    Old 12-02-2014, 07:09 PM

I would trade for some of the skull fabric if it is up for trades as well as other. Skulls used to kind of creep me out-but they are kind of the thing now and I do have a 9 yr. son that alot of the things he likes- I don't neccesarily like.
    Old 12-02-2014, 10:40 PM

I love the variety of all of our likes/dislikes. I always say if we all liked the same things, how dull the world would be!
    I couldn't believe I bought them either, and don't have a clue what I'll use them in, if anything...lol.

I was gathering up batiks to press and cut, when it dawned on me the sugar skulls are batiks..So I thought I'd post and ask to see if the ladies I'm swapping with want some of them, or not. As I said, I have plenty of others.

Thanks for the feedback, all.

SheriR, I'll put some as my "extras" in your pkg.

Bullock2us,
    I'm happy to swap some with you, if you'd like, just pm me your addy. I'm sure I probably have it from prior swaps, but I like to be certain I have the right address..

Take care all,
    Kif

PS Ellie and Jaba,
    So y'all don't think "Nothing says Holiday cheer like skulls"??!!

Last edited by kiffie2413; 12-02-2014 at 10:43 PM.
    Old 12-03-2014, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bullock2us
    I would trade for some of the skull fabric if it is up for trades as well as other. Skulls used to kind of creep me out-but they are kind of the thing now and I do have a 9 yr. son that alot of the things he likes- I don't neccesarily like.
    They are kind of a thing now aren't they? My 10 yr old GD would love them. I like brats idea of an apron. That's something my GD would like too!
    Old 12-03-2014, 05:00 AM

Morning sunshines! My dh was so kind to come wake me at 5. then he came out at 5:30 and said get up get up! so I got up groggy and over done and made it to the kitchen made his coffee, went to find me some close in the dryer to find he had left his there so I had to fold those first to get mine in the dryer too. It dawned on me at this moment.. I don't have to be up! today is my second day off OH CRUD! I could have slept in. Wait til he gets up and I let him know this fact! I am perpectually tired. but my days off I value the time I can lay there til like oh .. 7. sheesh!

ok now I have complained I pulled your fabrics Ellie and think you will like them lots of variety of your reds and blues! I think you will love them cant wait to get yours! We decided to trade for me a variety of holiday fabrics. what a treat that is for me. Everyone I think knows how much I love holiday fabrics for all seasons. sucker!! my big time oh I need that one! thing for me. Hoping you have a great day everyone and that it is everything you want. I want to finish my apron so wish me tons of luck ok I want to get two things right. the pocket and the bottom seam. than another day I can add the ties. one thing at a time
    Old 12-03-2014, 06:55 AM

Go Brat go! I know I've said it before, but you really do astonish me with how much you do! And you're cheerful about it, too...or you fake it well...lol.

If I wouldn't have had to be up, I'd of
    A. throttled my hubby (nicely)
    B. After said nice, sweet throttle, I'd have taken my behind back to bed
    C. Stayed there a lil extra, of course only because I'd be designing (in my head) how I was going to finish the apron. Tada!

Pics of the apron, we need pics, Brat!! Of course after you go "design" the finishing touches from your "design studio" (bed).
    Lazy gal Kif is? Why yes, yes I am lazy...er, let's call it upright challenged, ok??... Though y'all know Kif, I calls it like I sees it, so lazy gal I am. Matter of fact maybe I'm typing this while doing laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, etc.. Or maybe I'm typing while lazing in my warm "design studio".
    K
    Old 12-03-2014, 07:04 AM

You goof Kiff! I would post pictures but don't have any batteries for my darned camera. It eats them. four at a time! argh! I have wanted to post pictures for a month now. sigh...

ready for a nap already! what a loaf! going to hit the kitchen and sew then cut those fabrics for sewellie and off to a good start. I got some stamps from a friend in the mail enough to mail her fat quarters off! lucky day or what!!!minus the early start. well going to put on the holiday music that I love so very much and get my tail moving. whip whip get moving too!!! crack that whip (oh dear lord I will be singing that 80's song all day now ahhhhh!)
    Old 12-03-2014, 07:25 AM

Hey Brat, If Santa were to be wanting to put batteries in that camera, what type would he be looking for?????