Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • DEC. fat quarter swap:  BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st >
  • DEC. fat quarter swap: BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st

• DEC. fat quarter swap: BATIKS! and side swaps too! sign ups close Dec. 1st

Old 12-09-2014, 10:53 AM

Great batiks from Jaba, Bullock2us!

Brat,
    Happy to see you on here!!!!!!
    I'm fine with my Christmas fqs, after all it IS fabric...who can say no to fabric?? Who I ask you??
    Not moi....
    Kif
    Old 12-09-2014, 04:28 PM

Brat,
    Just saw where you thought Nancy surprised me with fqs..
    No, she is my assigned partner this month... She surprised me with Christmas fqs, as I thought the theme was batiks (which it is). I just don't want you thinking you assigned me a different partner, who is a "no sender".
    NancyW is my assigned partner, she sent Christmas fqs, I sent her batiks. Tada! See how easy this is??!! Lol
    Sorry for the confusion. I wanted to post pics of the fqs to share, and I figured there would be some confusion as to why they're not batiks. That's why I explained it (obviously just not very well ).

Krazy Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 12-09-2014 at 04:31 PM.
    Old 12-11-2014, 06:18 AM

oh share pics anyways kiffie its CHRISTMAS time what the heck. if you please read the top note on each sign in sheet it will clarify to you WHAT WE ARE SWAPPING so you are never confused! this way everyone gets what the official swap is. tada! you can side swap what you like but please stick to what the swap is in the future so that everyone is happy and things all work out smoothly! thanks!

next month is VALENTINES DAY in case you need to start shopping your stash now. then you may swap what else your little heart desires as a side swap.
    Old 12-11-2014, 03:25 PM

Did get Jaba and Kiffie's batiks sent out the other day-PO says they are supposed to both be there Saturday! Just talking to my Mom and she said that there are cities where the PO is going to be delivering packages on Sundays because there are so many to deliver. That seems crazy to me! Valentine's day fabric-I love Valentine's Day fabric- Oh who am I kidding-I love all fabric LOL
    Old 12-11-2014, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    oh share pics anyways kiffie its CHRISTMAS time what the heck. if you please read the top note on each sign in sheet it will clarify to you WHAT WE ARE SWAPPING so you are never confused! this way everyone gets what the official swap is. tada! you can side swap what you like but please stick to what the swap is in the future so that everyone is happy and things all work out smoothly! thanks!

next month is VALENTINES DAY in case you need to start shopping your stash now. then you may swap what else your little heart desires as a side swap.
    Brat,
    I shared pics, you goosey! Go back a page... I'm not griping about Christmas fabrics, I loved them, and posted a pic. I just didn't want you fretting that I was waiting on batiks from my assigned partner when NancyW IS my assigned partner this month..lol...

I so want you to get some rest!! Go rest! We adult gals can handle this...Love yas, girl!!

Bullock2us,
    I can only imagine how busy post office is this time of year. Hubby dropped all 3 of my pkgs by post office on Monday night. So I hope y'all get them soon!!

Kif
    Old 12-11-2014, 05:26 PM

I'll be watching for them, but I won't get any mail delivery on a Sunday. I don't get delivery any day unless I go get it
    Old 12-11-2014, 07:56 PM

Linda, Brat, I mailed your package today, expect delivery on Monday. The dancing reindeer was a little short so I compensated with more of another. Hope you like them. Thanks for your patience, dear lady.
    Miss Ellie (aka sewellie)
    Old 12-12-2014, 06:50 AM

oh dear its not a worry Sewellie! I am the most flexible of all

I am now cutting all my fat 1/8ths for the boom swap. trying to finish up an apron for my sister that I am on the outs with right now (boring!) and that makes it that much harder. such a rush. not. lol. mean I know but sometimes even el brato gets grump bucket. I have two more blocks to finish for my soon to be son in law and they are these big 16 inch blocks.. groan. not easy for me and no idea why. simple star. just so many pieces and its easy to put together wrong! help! come on over and make sure I don't blow it! I will have .. tea? coffee? soda? and oh something sweet for you to eat in honor of the holiday or perhaps a cheesy spread on baked bread.. or bruchetta or eggplant with carmalized onions or .. heck you name it I can make it. sorta
    Old 12-12-2014, 02:32 PM

I got 2 of the most awesomest pkgs (that's a real word, it's in the "Kifasaurus" )
    Anyways, great fq pkgs with extra goodies, thank you to Bullock2us and SheriR!
    1st pic is Bullock2us. The nutcracker Snickers is headless as I type...And yummy, is it good! It took me a minute, but then it "Dawn"-ed on me the lil apron is maybe a dish soap cover??...:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]502276[/ATTACH]

And from SheriR, I haven't tried the peppermint cocoa. It's supposed to snow Sunday..So that will be perfect, snow, peppermint cocoa, me, the fireplace going...Oh, and maybe share with hubby .
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]502277[/ATTACH]

I love ALL of my goodies, you gals rock!!
    Kif
    Attached Thumbnails img_20141212_161103.jpg   img_20141212_161139.jpg  

Last edited by kiffie2413; 12-12-2014 at 02:40 PM.
    Old 12-12-2014, 04:50 PM

kif trade you for that .. piece of fabric on the bottom right and the yellow right next to it and lets see.. ok I found about four from the last posting of pictures received that I need also. and the candy canes. oh heck with it just send them ALL to me lol and I will be a very happy camper. of course no clue how to sew with batiks sigh so guess I will just be watching them from afar. I blow it so no use with them now. I tried like four times it frustrated me so I quit. baby I know . shut up ok ok I would collect them to frame that would work lovely. wall to wall batiks.

my mind is always one month ahead of myself. valentines ladies and gents valentine fabrics.. have you been peeking in your sewing room yet or are you busy working on all the holiday stuff? curiosity is killing me!

last thought made my very first cold pasta salad. I know how did I get this old and not do it? No clue and not sure even the man will touch it not sure. time to find out lol!