Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st. >
  • December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

• December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:26 PM

Love the picture of the beautiful girls who sang for you. You could almost hear them!

I have another question about the beautiful beaded pins you quilter's have made. They are longer than regular floral pins. Do they have a special name? I have been trying to locate some on ebay. I bought some, but they will be short I think! Someone referred to a pin she received as an "ice pick" or maybe just a "pick". I think. Now, I can't remember and I have no idea which thread I saw it on.

Can someone help me out? I have ordered beads.....but I don't think the pins I ordered will work with them. sigh.
    Old 12-08-2014, 05:28 PM
    Power Poster

Rosemary thank you again for all the great goodies. I took my meds today, the morphine did me in, so I didn't think I thanked you enough for all the goodies. I went out with my son, and thank goodness he was driving. It hit me like a tong of bricks and then the oxycodone hit too. thank god he drove me home. we had to get the doc on the phone, I feel it's to strong. so he gave me the o.k. to cut it in half. I got such great crafting goodies too on top of all the great stuff I got.oh, and I got candy, but ate that b4. it was yummy!! thank you again Rosemary. great swapper
    Old 12-08-2014, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew
    OOOHHHH I get home for my DD's and there's a pkg at my front door...YES, Lynnie, it was from Y O U! I love it all. I have envied all the ladies that had received one of the wooden-handled seam rippers, NOW I have one...lolo I also love the dishcloth, my mom used to make bunches for me, she can't see well enuff now to do them. I sure do thank you, I will take a pic after I eat.. Again, thanks so much and have a very Merry Christmas. HUGS
    Jean
    Ok, here is the picture of the goodies from Lynnie.. That is the cutest needlecase, haven't seen one like that ever. Thanks again so much.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]501863[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails pincushion-needlecase-12-14-frm-lynnie.jpg  
    Old 12-08-2014, 06:04 PM
    Power Poster

lynnie,you did great on your swap. Love the ho-ho-ho pin. Pretty Christmas fabrics. Patches my pins are 3" and 1 pkg says floral pins and 1 pkg. says corsage pins. I got 1 pkg from hobby lobby online and 1 pkg. from JoAnn's store. I did buy some from e-bay and I think they were called floral pin blanks. No sure it's been awhile. Good luck. Let me know if you find a good buy on 3"-4"long pins.
    Old 12-08-2014, 07:20 PM

You can get longer pins at Fire Mountain Gems. They are called stick pins and you can get some 3 inches, 5 inches, 6 inches and 8 inches. I've ordered some from there.
    Old 12-08-2014, 08:24 PM

Thank you, Mary and Karen. I appreciate the info. I knew if I could come up with the right words I could find what I wanted! (The word I was looking for wasn't PICK it was STICK! lol) Funny word association.

I ordered some of the three inch pins from amazon and will go look at firemountain next. I only miss living in a larger city when I want specialty items fast. The internet has made the world smaller though hasn't it.
    Old 12-09-2014, 10:41 AM

I received my pkg yesterday from Jaba. The quality of her work is great! I love the matching set. The pc is large and heavy, just right for an everyday pc. She filled it with walnut shells. The nc has a cute charm that says "made with love". I think I will use it for my embroidery needles. The stockining ornament is just the sweetest with my name on it. I don't have many personalized items. 2FQs in my fav. color and of course chocolate, some are missing. Not sure what happened to the choc! Lol. Thank you Jaba for being a great swap partner and making me such beautiful gifts.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by TOOMANYUFO'S; 12-09-2014 at 10:44 AM.
    Old 12-09-2014, 10:55 AM

Rosemary what great swaps you made for Mary and Lynnie. Lynnie you also made a great swap too. Dwina also got a great swap from Jaba. Everyone is getting such nice packages. I'm still not done with mine.
    Have a nice day
    Old 12-09-2014, 11:19 AM

I'm just getting ready to start mine. So many have got extra nice pkgs.
    Old 12-09-2014, 11:35 AM

I just finished all my sewing. Just need to put it all together. Dwina here is a pic for you.
    Attached Thumbnails barns-071.jpg