Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st. >
  • December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

• December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:26 PM
    Power Poster

just came back from the city, spent the afternoon there with dh and cousins. there were as always crazies. you don't know which one it is though. as we were all rushing for the train to be called, (they call out the track that your train will be on) there was a group of about 1,000 people shoving and rushing to get to the train. Like it will leave without them!!! but you may have to stand, there were a lot of cars there, but still. and I was worried that the lady that was pushing me as I was going down the stairs...does she have a gun??? all over the city, you have to worry about that.
    got home safety of course, but still worried about safety. too many crazies out there. on every street coner, about 50 people waiting to cross the street. such craziness. glad i'm home. I like the holiday idea.
    Old 12-22-2014, 05:27 AM
    Power Poster

Going to finish up a crochet candle mat set for another Christmas Gift today. I have made 3 sets already. Picked up some more votive and glass holders to put with them.

Went to my son's yesterday for dinner and gifts for his birthday. He got to talking, and wow did I get a surprise. He said he can get any of this wood that is used for hard wood floors, and this high grade plywood which both he said comes from Russia. He said he has been getting it all free. I was joking and said I needed some of that to add shelves and even a new floor in my extra bedroom to have it only a sewing room. He said come spring or summer if I get everything out of there he will bring all the wood for both, and build me custom shelves, new floor, tables, etc. I am like oh my goodness. I thought I was dreaming. I am very slow at things, but guess what I will be doing between now and then? He is building my daughter in law a pantry right now, and it looks so nice. I took him the lap quilt I made him for his birthday. It turned out so pretty, but because I sewed a few last minute stitches on it before we left, I forgot to get a picture of it. It is whole cloth. The print has old time cameras on it that look like sketches, and I use a soft charcoal color backing which also is used as a binding due to the color. I did the quilting using only vertical and horizontal lines to not sew over any of the cameras. None of the lines touch, so it gave it a nice effect. I might see if he would get me a pic. I might get one myself when we go over for Christmas.

Merry Christmas
    Old 12-22-2014, 08:06 AM

Susan, you have a wonderful son who will do all that for you! You are one lucky lady!!! I don't think my son even owns a hammer. He is better at computers.
    Old 12-22-2014, 11:45 AM
    Power Poster

Susan, so great that you have a son who is 'handy' shall I say. It's great that he's so creative and can do this for you. wish my son had a hammer. He's better with a computer or a spatula.
    Old 12-22-2014, 12:16 PM

I just checked the status of my first swap recipient's package and it said that she had MOVED!

I sent it UPS because dealing with the post office in our little town was overwhelming at this time of year. (Over worked and understaffed.) UPS says it is trying to locate a new address for her and a second attempt will be made.

I am so sad and a little frustrated, I guess. This isn't the first SP I have had that has disappeared on me. (Could it be me???) lol I suppose they will send it back to me if they can't find her. I have never sent something to someone only to find they moved.

I will PM Karen and see if my SP has contacted her. And maybe she can check to see if HER SP has received hers PC/NC. Things happen and I will try not to over react. (Or hyperventilate!) lol
    Old 12-22-2014, 12:46 PM

I just typed a whole thing and now it's gone. Lynnie you were brave to go into the city. It's just awful everywhere. I saw on my local news that the killer was living in Lorain, Ohio in 2009. My son keeps telling me not to go there but I have to go through it to get to the nice Vermilion on Lake Erie. Karen I did see about the cop that got killed in Fl. I sure hope that this is the end of that. Where are our leaders???? Susan you are lucky to have a handy son. Mine always breaks something when he tries to fix it. Patches I can't believe your SP moved. I hope she left Karen a new address. Since I didn't have to babysit today as soon as I got back home I finished my snow globes and Santas. Well not all of them. I have two more but I need a sheet music collar for one. One is a present for someone tomorrow. I hope the glue dries by then.
    Attached Thumbnails snow-globes-santas-004.jpg  
    Old 12-22-2014, 12:54 PM
    Power Poster

Pat cute snow globes.I have a nutcracker collection like your snow globes.
    only put out abut 30 this year.
    Patch, what is wrong with these people. you would think someone would know they'd
    be moving b4 giving an address. Maybe something happened out of her control. let's
    hope nothing bad or serious (fire).
    THEY just brok in about the two cops killed yesterday. it's getting crazy out there and scary.
    I was a bit scared yesterday in the city, so many people pushing, and grumbling. crazy people.
    on that not. EVERYONE, have a peaceful holiday, weather it be Christmas, Hannuaka or Ramadan.
    Old 12-22-2014, 03:40 PM

I have great news! My swap partner HAS received her package!!! I am not sure what happened or what the problem was with UPS, but it has been delivered and signed for by my SP.

I am SO relieved! I hope she will post and let us know if she liked everything! (Maybe she will post pictures. I did not take any!)
    Old 12-22-2014, 03:55 PM

YAY!!
    I think on on the downhill slide of the creeping crud I've had for the last 3 weeks. AND.....I should be getting my machine back so I can finish my NC/PC for my wonderfully patient and gracious partner. I can't tell you all how disappointed I am to have missed out on the deadline. I will definitely have to "make it worth her wait!"
    I love looking at everyone's pictures. It is VERY nice to be able to look at the computer without it hurting my eyes from the brightness. GLAD TO BE BACK!!
    Old 12-22-2014, 04:58 PM
    Power Poster

Patches, so good your partner got her swap. That's one thing I worry about when someone doesn't let me know they received it. I wonder did it not make it there? Did they deliver it to the wrong address etc.? Dorothy glad your feeling a little better,get well soon.