Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st. >
  • December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

• December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:45 PM

I'm going to try to download photos of the goodies I received from Patchesnposies. This one shows everything received:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503547[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_2077.jpg  
    Old 12-23-2014, 05:52 PM

Here are the handmade items from Patches. They are, from left, a basket with 6 Snowman coasters (2 on the butcher block table so you can see them better), a house pincushion with a flap in the roof for needles, snowman, Santa ornament in front, & handmade pins. See why I got so excited?!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503553[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_2079.jpg  
    Old 12-23-2014, 06:02 PM
    Power Poster

Wow what a nice swap you got. Sometimes waiting till late to receive is the best. lol. Love the house p. c. A lot of cute homemade goodies.
    Old 12-23-2014, 06:04 PM

Hey, I'm getting better at this photo posting stuff! (Hope I didn't just jinx it!) Maybe I just need to join more swaps -- for the practice, you know!

Here is a photo of the other items received. Included are the lovely boxes & tins that the handmade items were in. Plus, ABC I-spy charms (always wanted to do an I-spy quilt!), 3 boxes of chocolates in front of the Snowman card Patches sent me, a house ornament (very apropos!), a tin of hard Christmas candies, two spools of ribbon you can see on top of the I-spy charms, & two little kits with beads -- one has a snowman bead & the other has a Santa hat bead. I'm thinking I can make additional pins with these beads, & I didn't even know there were kits available! So I learned something today. Mostly how very generous & sweet Patchesnposies is. If she hadn't taken me on as another swap partner, I would not have been able to participate. Thanks again, Deb. You really made my day! Christmas came a day early for me!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]503555[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_2080.jpg  
    Old 12-23-2014, 06:05 PM

Wow Pam, what a fantastic package you got from Deb. It is filled with all kind of great stuff!!!
    Old 12-23-2014, 06:07 PM

I want to say that this has been a wonderful swap. Everything everybody made has been scrumptious & I enjoyed seeing everyone's goodies. I hope there's more photos coming!

Goodnight! And Merry Christmas!
    Old 12-23-2014, 06:28 PM
    Power Poster

beautiful swap pkg. lotsa goodies!!!
    Old 12-23-2014, 07:19 PM

Pam, I am so happy that you liked the package of Holiday Cheer I sent to you. You sounded so sad when you found out you'd missed the deadline to join. I am glad we got to swap! I tell you these swaps can be addicting!

Don't look too closely at my hand stitching on the little house. I absolutely love doing it but my fine motor skills are sadly lacking due to my arthritis. One does what one can, right? lol The coasters have insul-bright (hmmmm, is that the right name?) in the middle so hot drinks shouldn't be a problem on wooden surfaces. I made up the little pin set packets because I had been waiting and waiting on an order of 3 inch long pins to arrive so I could make them and finally just had to give up and go ahead and send my package. I figured you would be able to put them together!

I am tickled that you liked all of the handmade stuff. So many folks, nowadays, would rather have store bought. I ALWAYS prefer handmade items. It feels so good when you know that the wee bit of your heart that you put into something you've made is appreciated by the person you give it to. That is YOUR gift to me. Thank you.

Have a Wonderful Christmas!

Deb
    Old 12-23-2014, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by klaws
    Patches, did you get both of your pc and nc sets? I'm trying to update my records and I'm showing that you still have one outstanding. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I will be posting sign-ups tomorrow morning for next month. Watch for my announcement.
    Karen,

I did just receive my second set of PC & NC today.

My two Civil Air Patrol cadets (who are also my IT guys-aka My Sons!) are at a CAP CyberPatriot meeting tonight and they do the resizing of my photos and all other technical stuff. They will help me out in the morning! I will post photos then!

Night night, all! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas eve tomorrow and an even better Christmas Day on Thursday.

I will be watching for the sign up thread!
    Old 12-23-2014, 07:43 PM

WOW! Ctyankee that was quite a swap pkg. The roof that lifts up to hold needles is a good idea. Those are my favorite chocolates. Santa brings me some every year in my stocking.
    The snow globes are cute and would look great on a window sill by a sink, so every time you did dishes you would be looking at it. I especially like the box.
    sign ups, I've been thinking on what I could make. Nothing yet has come to mind.
    My DD and DH hung up the Christmas stocking on the staircase and put all the goodies in them. Well I went to take a shower and they were in the workshop. When I came into the living room there was paper and plastic all over the place. DD's female poodle is the worst thief. She went up the stairs and got into the dogs stocking and pulled out all but the last pkg which she wasn't able to reach. The 4 dogs had a good time opening and eating their treats.