Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st. >
  • December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

• December Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Sign-ups close on December 1st.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:40 AM

Jaba, what an adorable little mouse pc. Too cute!
    I agree with everyone. I would much rather have something handmade than something from a store.

I want to take a moment to say how much I appreciate everyone here on this swap and the QB. You will never know how much all of you mean to me. I'm so glad that I've been able to meet Pat in Ohio when I go visit family. Hopefully, I will get to meet Jaba next month when she comes to Florida. I wish that I could just take a month or two to travel around the US and meet everybody! That would be fantastic. Anyway, I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Love you guys! <3
    Old 12-24-2014, 11:02 AM
    Power Poster

Very cute mouse and love the fabrics. Is the card homemade too. It's so simple and adorable very nice swap.
    Old 12-24-2014, 12:13 PM

Jaba, you are so welcome. I loved making each item for you. Merry Christmas!

Yes, Mary, the Christmas card is made by me. It was an idea that popped into my head and it came together very quickly. I am not sure why I seem to get really creative when I am down close to my deadline, what ever that deadline it is.

I thought the glitter gel pen added a nice touch.
    Attached Thumbnails fullsizerender.jpg  
    Old 12-24-2014, 12:47 PM
    Power Poster

Ctyankee you did receive a wonderful package with lots of very nice hand made items, and then other goodies. I love hand made things too. Those are adorable tin boxes you got also. That little mail box with the flag up is easily seen around where I live. lol.. They are cute. I need to try a little house of some kind someday. I keep wanting to even just make a little house quilt block.

Patches you did an amazing job with the package.

Jaba that is an adorable Christmas mouse pincushion. I love his Christmas ears. At first I thought, "what is a toy needle case." I have brain fog so slow at times. That needle case with the cute toy pictures on it is so cute. Pretty Christmas Box. I see all your other goodies too. Nice package.

Linda great job on everything, and you did a very creative job on that Christmas Card. Now I see another excuse to buy some glitter gel pens. The nice things we learn on this board.

Everyone on this swap has done amazing things all year. Our host is also amazing. She is always there for everyone in anyway she can.

I appreciate all of you.
    Old 12-24-2014, 01:42 PM
    Power Poster

very nice sentiments Susan, I feel the same. Great group here. Now I see the toy needlecase.
    and the tree card. great idea for next year. I made pced. cards along time ago. time to bring
    out the scraps again.

Don't forget to sign up for the new swap, it's open now.

Merry Christmas all
    Old 12-24-2014, 02:12 PM

Another great swap from Sewextremes. I can't believe it's Christmas eve. I'm also glad of all the great friends on this board. It was really nice to meet Karen. It's been one year since I started the PC/NC swaps, and it sure doesn't seem like it. Glad to see new and old on here. Does anyone on here have Skype? That would be a good way to get to see and talk with everyone. I have it but I don't use it that much.

Merry Christmas everyone
    Old 12-24-2014, 04:44 PM

Merry Christmas Everyone and Karen thanks for all your work in keeping things straight and prayers for all of you to have a Happy and Safe Christmas, We have to drive out to the airport and pick up the brother of a friend and bring him in so he can get his brother's car drive it over to the East Coast of Florida to see their sister and then back up north to Ohio, just praying he has an uneventful trip, no delays and good weather... God Bless
    Old 12-24-2014, 04:49 PM
    Power Poster

Pat, now you're asking for a miracle!!! I can't get msgs from my cell phone, I have one of those phones that cost $5 and I pay $100 a year for 1,000 minutes. Skype, in another 10 yrs maybe. that would be awesome though, wouldn't it.
    Merry Christmas all.
    Old 12-24-2014, 05:11 PM

Lynnie I have a cell phone, a Tracfone and I buy my minutes, but I have triple minutes, paid about $50 for my phone 3 years ago... So I get a year's service and 1300 minutes for $100 ... My phone is even cheaper now on the website...
    Old 12-24-2014, 06:53 PM

Love the mouse. The pattern for the chick candle mat is adorable. I enjoy doing those. I guess I know what I am going to do for my nc and pc. I will sign up.
    I'd like to thank everyone for the great welcome I received when I joined. You have all been extremely nice to me. I hope I have made my partners happy. Karen you are an awesome hostess and I thank you for all you do. I really like this swap and love the homemade goodies. Not sure what I will do with all of the pc/ncs,but each one is special and cherished. Thanks to everyone, Merry Christmas!

Your quilting friend,
    Dwina