Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT >
  • December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

• December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

Old 12-17-2011, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by quiltymom
    Do you need one from Mich????
    Still waiting on reply! Lori the earrings are so ugly there cute and I would wear them my granddaughter would think there awesome!!! Brenda very sorry to hear about your job!!!
    Old 12-17-2011, 06:36 AM

Bewnda, sorry about you loosing your job as his actions are very inappropriate. Love the owl and the Christmas panel.THosecat earrings are wonderful an could be converted into a pin and could see yjem in artwork too. Mary hope to send you pics soon as have been asked ro teach my art dolls at the guild and yesterday ath the guilds Chrustmas party I unveiled 3 pin cushion dolls and 3 largwe dolls I will be teaching next year at the guild and online. They finally put the flor down yesterday so wil be getting the stufio back in order again but will get pics of that for you too,
    Old 12-17-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54
    I'm gonna make a pot of hot tea and then back a pumpkin bread or pumpkin cake or pumpkin muffins....your choice. LOL
    OHHHHH! pumpkin cake!!!!!! Lots of frosting?????? LOL
    Old 12-17-2011, 06:54 AM

Still waiting for package to come, so while waiting I sent ouy 3 raks yesterday!!!!!! They went this way and that way. LOL!!!!
    Old 12-17-2011, 07:07 AM

Lots of lovely packages being received! When I mailed my SP's package I was given an estimated delivery date of Dec. 15th but in checking the USPS site, it has just arrived at the local sorting facility in her area, so possibly it will be delivered today, if not, likely Monday. Hopefully my pal won't be on the bench too much longer. There is quite a chill in the air and snow flurries up here. I am way behind on my handmade holiday gifts as I was sick with the winter crud for over 2 weeks. Hopefully I am on the mend and can get some sewing done this weekend before heading to TN to visit with my children and grandchildren for Christmas. So much to do and so little time!!! I had best get up to my sewing room...Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
    Old 12-17-2011, 07:37 AM

Received my squishie yesterday from "laurig's". An adorable heart pincushion (I'll have to hide it from my cat, he thinks everything is his toy), a girl can never have enough of them, a knitting mystery novel, a visitor's guide cufor northeast Ohio, a cute keychain that doubles as a triangle template, Christmas socks, a June Taylor ruler, Santa Peeps (yum), absolutely love, love, love the fabric (I just did a sample quilt for one of the local quilt stores with American Jane and love the line), the pretty charm pack has the makings of a new Lil Twister quilt, quilt basting needles and nail files. Thank you laurig's! Your the best!!!

Your package couldn't have arrived on a better day. I dear friend who introduced me to quilting went to heaven yesterday and our priest from India who we've all gotten attached to has been reassigned to another parish. I needed a reason to smile yesterday! Thank you so, so much!
    Attached Thumbnails decsppkg.jpg  

Last edited by Sunflower Girl; 12-17-2011 at 07:41 AM.
    Old 12-17-2011, 07:52 AM

jan here is the basic owl tute. for my own use, i enlarged and changed the pattern somewhat to allow me room to be creative with designing the owls. the themed owls are all in my head so there is no pattern for them. i just look at the materials i have and think up a theme, from there i create the owl.

i never know what the finished owl will look like until it's done. i will probably keep creating new owl themes until i get bored or run outta felt or run outta ideas. who knows. i got an idea for a "penquin" and/or tuxedo owl (but i need black felt for this), a farmer owl (dressed in plaids and denim) and perhaps even a groom owl or two. ooohh i have some purple felt somewhere around here so i think i may create a "red hatter" owl. the possibilities are endless.

http://moonstitches.typepad.com/photos/tutowlrial/

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford
    P.S. THe little OWL IS VERY CUTE.....Maybe he should multiply and be sent to several..(HINT) ....how about a pattern tutorial???

Last edited by Havplenty; 12-17-2011 at 07:58 AM.
    Old 12-17-2011, 08:03 AM

nice packages coming in. i am still waiting for one but i don't feel like a bench sitter because i received some really awesome packages earlier. now i gotta concentrate on finishing stuff up. i know i will be sewing right up to the minute of my family's celebration.

sunflower girl glad you got your ray of sunshine just when you felt you needed it.
    Old 12-17-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21
    DITTO haha
    and DITTO again!
    Old 12-17-2011, 08:41 AM

I was 10 years old the last time I was in Michigan, which was 24 years ago. I don't have mine from there any longer. I don't know what happened to them.

Originally Posted by quiltymom
    Do you need one from Mich????