Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT >
  • December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

• December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

Old 12-22-2011, 09:26 AM

I have never and will never get a swap I don't like and appreciate. It is not the physical contents of the package that matter, it's the thought and time and good intentions that went into it as well. Home-made stuff just makes me all happy, whether I can actually "use" it or not -- it's art made by someone's own hands and heart. I enjoy looking at it and having it as much as if it were a painting on the wall. I like to think who the person is, where they are, what they were thinking ... it is their thought processes and time ... an actual bit of themself. What could be better? I like tohave plenty of spare notions around, duplicate patterns are not a problem since then I have one "original" to make notes on or cut up for a notebook. Fabric is always welcome, no matter what shape or color or size. Just gives me more of a challenge to use it.
    Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 AM
    Swap Hosts

Nancy, what a wonderful warm way of putting it!
    Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 AM

I found out Regina's board name and it is reginalovesfabric thank you for the wonderful package i love everything... i am going to have fun with the templates and the patterns.
    Old 12-22-2011, 10:57 AM
    Power Poster

Barefooter what a wonderful package you recieved. Wow maybe everyone will have their swap before christmas.Wouldn't that be a wonderful christmas surprise?? Don't forget to sign upN everyone for next month. The thread is up for it already.Nancy what a wonderful attitude to have. That's what this is about and getting just a little something in the mail to pick up your day. I just love it. Mary
    Old 12-22-2011, 11:09 AM
    Swap Hosts

Default Off Topic But Here is Future DIL's First Quilt!

This is the first quilt my future DIL has ever made and I am soooo proud of her! She is working two jobs and had to find minutes here and there to finish it. It's for her father.
    Attached Thumbnails melissa-first-quilt-1.jpg   melissas-first-quilt-back.jpg   peek.jpg   melissas-first-quilt-2.jpg  
    Old 12-22-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    I did get a nice pm from her, but am just curious as to why she didn't post to say she received on the thread, she is probably very busy with Christmas stuff. But I don't want tolook like I didn't send mine out!!! LOL i did really!
    SVS Lori....been there....makes me feel really bad that maybe others on the thread thinking we didn't send out our package. It happens all too often.
    Old 12-22-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    This is the first quilt my future DIL has ever made and I am soooo proud of her! She is working two jobs and had to find minutes here and there to finish it. It's for her father.
    Good job! That snowman material looks awfully familiar, I had some of that, did I send you some K????
    Old 12-22-2011, 11:54 AM

I had to go and see if you were ever my swap partner ..I am a beginner quilter/sewer in every which way possible but I love to make things and do try my best but sometimes..lets just say they do not always work out..Or rather work out like my mind sees them ..Diana

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    I recieved something in one of my swaps,(not going to say or show what it could be)that I still don't know what it is or what to use it for.It's got very pretty fabric and is homemade. I wouldn't part with it for the world. It was from a beginner sewer.I am proud that this person felt secure enough to send it to me. I use it as a puzzle opener. What is a puzzle opener? Well ya ever get stuck on making something? Can't quite figure something out? Well I look at my puzzle opener snd try to figure out what it is.In the mean time my mind is off my problem and I can figure out what I need to do.It just takes my mind off of a problem so I can start over with a fresh open mind.It usually works for me.Oh NO Now Everyone will want one!!!!.lol Everyone have a good day. Mary
    Old 12-22-2011, 12:05 PM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by mscupid804
    Good job! That snowman material looks awfully familiar, I had some of that, did I send you some K????
    You sure did! When Melissa was younger she apparently did a lot of competitive figure skating and was determined to find fabric with little snowflakes and skates. I looked at Joann and Walmart and both were completely out of anything like that. Then I looked in my delicious goodie box from you and ... VOILA! There was a little bit left over so I made a Christmas stocking for her out of it! Hope you don't mind I shared.
    Old 12-22-2011, 12:06 PM

Whoo-Hooo..just signed up for January Secret Pal swap..Diana