Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT >
  • December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

• December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

Old 12-05-2011, 12:07 PM
    Swap Hosts

I am sooooo blessed! The wonderful Ms Cupid 809 (or was it 777 or 293?) aka Teresa sent me the most fabulous package. As I wrote to her, it was the SP version of clowns coming out of a Volkswagon! One amazingly thoughtful treat after the next. There were so many gorgeous items in there that it took up my entire cutting table! Thank you so very much! And many quilty hugs!
    Teresa sent my favorites- Ghirardelli milk and caramel squares, Lindor milk chocolate truffles, Chai Tea, green tea packet, people crackers for the dogs (Feeney loved his, Daisy the little stinker didn't. More for Feeney!), red and gold glitter thread, an angel playing a lute (on the tree s/he goes!), beautiful Victorian gilded angels which will be on my banister garland, a magnetic Christmas photo frame with a picture in it that looks like my Feeney when he was a tiny pup, Sew Easy as Pie - a wonderful sewing book that I can't wait to absorb, hair elastics in the colors of the rainbow, a magnificent handmade poinsettia Christmas runner, the sweetest little mug rug, (getting tired? there's more!) a beautiful sunflower note pad with my initial, a mini wall quilt pattern, emergency rescue pet decals, a wine bag project sheet, a sewing machine cover and accessories pattern set, iron off hot iron cleaner, a Virginia map magnet, two gorgeous blue fabric bundles, blue snowflake, snowman fabric, magnificent golden botanical batik, poinsettia fabric, and last, but certainly not least ~ the sweetest note that just warmed my heart beyond words.
    Thank you so very much, Teresa. You are a blessing!
    Attached Thumbnails dec-sp-1.jpg   dec-sp2.jpg   dec-sp3.jpg   dec-sp4.jpg   dec-sp5.jpg  

dec-sp6.jpg   dec-sp7.jpg   dec-sp-8.jpg  
    Old 12-05-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise
    grammyj,

Thanks for asking about my mug collection and which ones
    I am missing.

The list is below.

Alabama
    Arkansas
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Georgia
    Idaho
    Indiana
    Louisiana
    Massachusetts (my SIL is from MA and has never brought me a mug on her visits back there)
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey
    North Dakota
    Ohio (I use to have 3 OH mugs, ex-MIL stole them from me)
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    South Carolina (I lived in NC many years and went to SC often never bought a mug though)
    Virginia
    West Virginia

Looking at the list of what mugs I DO have I realized that my
    step-MIL who has to travel for her job has added to my collection
    immensely, to date she has given me about 13-15 of my 73 mugs.
    The two of us (step-MIL) and I have something in common other
    than being married to wonderful men. We BOTH have the name
    "Louise" although I am known in the family as "Louise-1" and she is
    "Louise-2" (I was in the family first).
    Would you like us to help, I notice Ga is in there...PM me if you want me to hunt one up for you, it won't be right away...but as soon as I can manuver (sp)
    Old 12-05-2011, 12:26 PM
    Banned

I would love to get help.

BUT FIRST I HAVE TO SAY THIS!!!!!!!!!!

I will PAY for the mug and shipping, but I won't have the money
    until at least January, so PLEASE if you are interested in helping
    me finish my collection send me a PM and your address and I will
    send you enough money for the cost of a mug, shipping. DO NOT
    return anything that is left over, it will be yours.

I DO NOT expect anyone to send me a mug without being paid
    in ADVANCE for it. But like i said that won't be until (hopefully)
    early January and I will be sure to send you my address so you can
    mail the mug.

Thanks in advance for the offer to help.

Originally Posted by greenini
    Would you like us to help, I notice Ga is in there...PM me if you want me to hunt one up for you, it won't be right away...but as soon as I can manuver (sp)
    Old 12-05-2011, 12:27 PM
    Banned

Oh wow that looks like an awesome amount of "loot"

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    I am sooooo blessed! The wonderful Ms Cupid 809 (or was it 777 or 293?) aka Teresa sent me the most fabulous package. As I wrote to her, it was the SP version of clowns coming out of a Volkswagon! One amazingly thoughtful treat after the next. There were so many gorgeous items in there that it took up my entire cutting table! Thank you so very much! And many quilty hugs!
    Teresa sent my favorites- Ghirardelli milk and caramel squares, Lindor milk chocolate truffles, Chai Tea, green tea packet, people crackers for the dogs (Feeney loved his, Daisy the little stinker didn't. More for Feeney!), red and gold glitter thread, an angel playing a lute (on the tree s/he goes!), beautiful Victorian gilded angels which will be on my banister garland, a magnetic Christmas photo frame with a picture in it that looks like my Feeney when he was a tiny pup, Sew Easy as Pie - a wonderful sewing book that I can't wait to absorb, hair elastics in the colors of the rainbow, a magnificent handmade poinsettia Christmas runner, the sweetest little mug rug, (getting tired? there's more!) a beautiful sunflower note pad with my initial, a mini wall quilt pattern, emergency rescue pet decals, a wine bag project sheet, a sewing machine cover and accessories pattern set, iron off hot iron cleaner, a Virginia map magnet, two gorgeous blue fabric bundles, blue snowflake, snowman fabric, magnificent golden botanical batik, poinsettia fabric, and last, but certainly not least ~ the sweetest note that just warmed my heart beyond words.
    Thank you so very much, Teresa. You are a blessing!
    Old 12-05-2011, 12:57 PM

Krystyna, LMAO! The green tea bag was placed in the spot on the tea mug rug where you would put your tea bags, I guess the mailing made it fall out! LOL But you are so welcome again, it was my pleasure and I really didn't know your favorite chocolates but those are yummy! Next time I'll include the bugs....
    PS....it's 804!

Last edited by mscupid804; 12-05-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Old 12-05-2011, 02:06 PM

Ok my SP's package went out today! It may get to their home Wed. or thursday! Candi I think you're getting your touch back! Krystyna great package from Teresa! Ok I'm off of here, its my bday today and I'm going to relax and sew!
    Old 12-05-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever
    Ok my SP's package went out today! It may get to their home Wed. or thursday! Candi I think you're getting your touch back! Krystyna great package from Teresa! Ok I'm off of here, its my bday today and I'm going to relax and sew!
    Happy Birthday Quiltnut4ever
    Old 12-05-2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804
    Heads up ladies, 2 pkgs are out for delivery today! Whose could it be??????????
    It was me, me, me! Thank you so much for the great package...my dh will use the can coosy from Va and it will go with his Va Tech hat, Ray jumped on the bed and didn't leave till he got his mouse out..so that was a success. The bobbin thread pony tail holders are great...and so is the body lotion and cleanser? sorry I can't quite read the label right now, and the black licorice will be tucked into tonite for sure.

The magnetic frame is really cute and the calendar will come in handy. The JoAnn's patterns look interesting and I think I will take advantage of the pattern's for sewing machine covers, I've got a bad habit of leaving my machines out uncovered, guess you've been peeking. The green, red, purple and gold fabric is just perfect for my PP project. And a brand new issue Of McCall's Quick Quilts...ah

All lovely, thank you so much, Teresa.
    Old 12-05-2011, 02:24 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by candi
    I like purple too...but I don't think Darlene's package is coming to me...it is going to a Southern lady with a furbaby.
    OOO......that sounds like it could be ME
    Old 12-05-2011, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by carrot
    My package went into the mail this morning to my sp !!! Heading east, she will be getting all three of the colors she likes and also the colors she is looking for. ... zip code adds up to 13
    My zip adds up to 13, I am east, and I think I said I liked 3 colors. (So busy with Christmas sewing I'm not sure what I said about colors) I think it must be me!