• December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

• December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

Old 12-05-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Vicki W
    Happy Birthday Quiltnut4ever
    Thank you Vicki!
    Old 12-05-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]291102[/ATTACH]I made Marty a cover for her mantel to decorate for Christmas. I has bird houses and birds and in the little mittens are baby birds. It's really cute if I do say so myself! I bought it last year after Christmas at the LQS.
    Oh lori, that is an adorable mantle piece.
    Old 12-05-2011, 02:54 PM

Default Got my package!!!

Just when I thought my b-day wasn't going well I got my SP package at my front door! Thank you Fayzer for the most wonderful package I received today! and also for the Birthday card! YOU ROCK! Fayzer was so generous, she sent me a blue wood tote bag, buttons, hand cream, colgate wisps, binder clips, pink fabrics (love pink!), ceramic tumbler, nail file and some gorgeous threads! THANK YOU FAYE FOR A WONDERFUL GIFT AND FOR IT TO LAND ON MY B-DAY!
    Attached Thumbnails december-secret-pal-001.jpg  
    Old 12-05-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by candi
    Good morning y'all.
    I will post a photo of Faye's card soon. Must find my camera first lol.

Robyn, I likey...you never said where your pal is ?????

Gosh Candi your right I didn't say where it was going. I'll post a clue soon.
    Old 12-05-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
    I know I have been missing for a few days, seems life and pain got in the way, but did get my SP and have the package all ready, almost, needs a label and card and the person doesn't post that much or like me is MIA... She lives west of me, town is a boy's name... That should give it away....

Lori, thanks for doing so much, sure hope you don't get overwhelmed and decide to quit doing this for us...

Rosemary I hope that you get to feeling better soon.
    Old 12-05-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by greenini
    well, that must be me, no one has furbaby as snuggy as our Ray. DH took off about 1 1/2 hours ago on his own for Sausagefest...I figured out I was too dizzy to go (so no visit, Candi and no personal delivery SP), but not to sew...sew I just got finished sewing together 10 " panels to use if I need to extend the backing which I think I do....my brain is just not functioning too well so I thought I'd allow 8" extra all around, but then I'd have to piece the batting and don't want to do that so I'm gonna go with smaller margin of error.

I need to get my SP package in the mail, first thing tomorrow, have already used up my allotment of energy for the day...but may clear off my rolling table to be used to sandwich the entire package. I think I'm going to try cutting the batting in thirds, seems like it'll make the package more manageable...but not till tomorrow after mailing the package.

Robyn, what ever you're making is wonderful, love the bright colors...did you cut with a Go or some other cutter, it's all so neat and looks so well placed...
    Yup I used my Go cutter. I just love that thing. I used the feather die. It is a small die and can be used on the baby go also I think. Just put some fusible web on the fabric and run it through and it is all ready to fuse on your project. I hope that you get over your dizziness. Maybe you will get a lot of sewing done.
    Old 12-05-2011, 03:12 PM

Quilt nut, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. And What great timing Faye!

Krystyna, what a great package!

Jo, well I am glad you got some sewing done, I am sure we'll have chances to meet in the future.

Ok Robyn..waiting for that clue

Dear SP, your package went out TODAY! No clue when it'd get there but hopefully really soon....HINT:Fa la la la
    Old 12-05-2011, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Teresa I love the baby blanket. Robyn the table runner? is very pretty.I think it's great that more people seem to be posting pictures,not just of swap but what they are making. Thanks Mary
    Nope not a table runner. It is going to be a sewing caddy like the one I made for my sewing machine.
    Old 12-05-2011, 03:17 PM

Happy Birthday Quiltnut4ever. What a lovely suprise for you. Hope you have a nice evening.

Krystyna, You got a lovely suprise package as well. You have cute doggys. Oh, a big congrats on your veils being featured in the European magazine.

Greenini, sounds like you got a great package too. (lol) After christmas I need to get going on making a cover for my machine as well. I use it a lot, but, it still gets dusty. You'll have to share a picture of yours when you make one.

Did I get everyone? I tend to miss things sometimes. (lol) Especially when I get involved with a project.

I'm going tomorrow to sew with a quilty friend. I'm going to make my needlebook for the needlebook exchange. Well, two realllllly cuz I really love the pattern.
    Old 12-05-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    I am sooooo blessed! The wonderful Ms Cupid 809 (or was it 777 or 293?) aka Teresa sent me the most fabulous package. As I wrote to her, it was the SP version of clowns coming out of a Volkswagon! One amazingly thoughtful treat after the next. There were so many gorgeous items in there that it took up my entire cutting table! Thank you so very much! And many quilty hugs!
    Teresa sent my favorites- Ghirardelli milk and caramel squares, Lindor milk chocolate truffles, Chai Tea, green tea packet, people crackers for the dogs (Feeney loved his, Daisy the little stinker didn't. More for Feeney!), red and gold glitter thread, an angel playing a lute (on the tree s/he goes!), beautiful Victorian gilded angels which will be on my banister garland, a magnetic Christmas photo frame with a picture in it that looks like my Feeney when he was a tiny pup, Sew Easy as Pie - a wonderful sewing book that I can't wait to absorb, hair elastics in the colors of the rainbow, a magnificent handmade poinsettia Christmas runner, the sweetest little mug rug, (getting tired? there's more!) a beautiful sunflower note pad with my initial, a mini wall quilt pattern, emergency rescue pet decals, a wine bag project sheet, a sewing machine cover and accessories pattern set, iron off hot iron cleaner, a Virginia map magnet, two gorgeous blue fabric bundles, blue snowflake, snowman fabric, magnificent golden botanical batik, poinsettia fabric, and last, but certainly not least ~ the sweetest note that just warmed my heart beyond words.
    Thank you so very much, Teresa. You are a blessing!
    Wow Krystyna what a great package Teresa sent to you. Aren't you glad you signed up this month? Your the first one to get their package and what a way to start if off.