• Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT >
  • December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

• December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

Old 12-06-2011, 06:18 PM

Candi,

Dont worry I am alright without a homemade item!!! Teeheehee

Originally Posted by candi
    Linda, I too didn't have time to make a homemade item and get my package mailed on Monday, so I hope my pal is OK with it too. Fa la la la
    Old 12-06-2011, 06:50 PM

I think I may be your secret pal. I love geotta .
    Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Okey dokey. My second package is jammed and ready to travel. I really wanted to send my partners some of my beach plum jam, but am nervous about the post office. Last Christmas I sent a package of preserves and condiments to my sister-in-law in Tennessee and there was also a reindeer jar filled with candy. They opened every single thing! Can you imagine? It was awful.

Anyway ... this one isn't traveling quite so far as the other. Hints: my sp is looking for fabric in a color that is my least favorite in the world. The people in her city love eating a special mixture of meat and oats called Goetta. Mmmm-mmmm!
    Old 12-06-2011, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise
    Some of you may notice (or not) that in the evenings I
    kind of "fall off" the board. Not replying to posts and/or
    pm's.

It is because I started on a medication called Byetta (for
    diabetics). With this medication I give myself an injection
    at dinner and than the hard part comes in trying to find a
    "good" portion (amount) of food I can eat. If I eat to much;
    I get sick, if I eat to little; I get sick. I have only been back on
    this medication since Saturday and I am still trying to find the
    proper amount of food I can, thus meaning I go to bed with
    a killer headache and nausea.

My endocrinologist (Diabetes Dr) is HOPING that I will be
    able to tolerate this medication at least until the beginning of
    the year when it goes to a "weekly" dosage.

I went through all this hassle 5-1/2 years ago when not long
    |after I became diabetic.

So please know that IF you send me a pm I may not see it
    until the next day.
    Hi Louise,
    My thoughts are with you while you are adjusting to your new medication. I know from experience that nausea and headaches are no fun. I hope that you are able to get a handle on it soon.
    Old 12-06-2011, 09:30 PM

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. Mart and I went to Red Oak and picked up her sister who is having hip troubles and is not to be doing much and lives alone also. So I left my car there and drove them back with the two walkers in Dorothy's van and have been taking care of the two of them now. Dorothy isn't suppose to be on her feet more than 10 minutes at a time and Marty is having dizzy spells because she has BPV (beign postional virtego) I laughed whe the Dr said it was like rocks in her head!! Neither one can manage the stairs so I do the laundry and cook but someonel else wahes the dishes and I don't do windows! I am also making a lap throw for each of a needy family of 8 and running for President of our bullding association. Dorothy and I are making all kinds of Christmas candy, fudge and cookies so I am running to the grocery store every day for either Rxs or other necessary things like coconut and choclate chips. throw in chemo treatments twice a week and answering pms and emails and doing the matrix and my own personal spreadsheet and I have been spread prettty thin, speaking of that I have lost 3 pounds. lol. Don't get me wrong I am in no way complaing! I have never been so tired, but have never felt so needed and alive.So if I miss a pm don't feel bad about telling me about it! We are having a gift wrapping party for the donations for the family on the 17th with cookies and cocoa and of course Christmas music! Then the family is coming on the 22nd to get thier goodies! There are 5 kids ages 6 months to 16 years old, a disabled grandma and husband and wife. I love Christmas!!!! Oh and I almost forgot I have a Secret Pal Package I am working on!!! Just remember even if you don't hear from me I am watching and checking my list, sometimes checking it twice! (couldn't help myself!!)

Last edited by Lori Peercy; 12-06-2011 at 09:34 PM.
    Old 12-06-2011, 10:42 PM

Lori you are an wonderful amazing lady. I wish there were more people out there like you. God bless you. Tell Marty and Dorothy that I said hello and thinking of them both.
    Old 12-06-2011, 10:48 PM

I always tell Marty that you say HI to her!
    Old 12-07-2011, 01:12 AM

Hi Tussymussy (my swap angel), it could be one of us, we'll just have to wait anxiously for the postman now to see. It'll really make it feel like Christmas waiting for Santa.
    Old 12-07-2011, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise
    Some of you may notice (or not) that in the evenings I
    kind of "fall off" the board. Not replying to posts and/or
    pm's.

It is because I started on a medication called Byetta (for
    diabetics). With this medication I give myself an injection
    at dinner and than the hard part comes in trying to find a
    "good" portion (amount) of food I can eat. If I eat to much;
    I get sick, if I eat to little; I get sick. I have only been back on
    this medication since Saturday and I am still trying to find the
    proper amount of food I can, thus meaning I go to bed with
    a killer headache and nausea.

My endocrinologist (Diabetes Dr) is HOPING that I will be
    able to tolerate this medication at least until the beginning of
    the year when it goes to a "weekly" dosage.

I went through all this hassle 5-1/2 years ago when not long
    |after I became diabetic.

So please know that IF you send me a pm I may not see it
    until the next day.
    Hi Quilty Louise
    I hope you get your "portion control" worked out soon so that you can feel a bit better in the evenings.
    Old 12-07-2011, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. Mart and I went to Red Oak and picked up her sister who is having hip troubles and is not to be doing much and lives alone also. So I left my car there and drove them back with the two walkers in Dorothy's van and have been taking care of the two of them now. Dorothy isn't suppose to be on her feet more than 10 minutes at a time and Marty is having dizzy spells because she has BPV (beign postional virtego) I laughed whe the Dr said it was like rocks in her head!! Neither one can manage the stairs so I do the laundry and cook but someonel else wahes the dishes and I don't do windows! I am also making a lap throw for each of a needy family of 8 and running for President of our bullding association. Dorothy and I are making all kinds of Christmas candy, fudge and cookies so I am running to the grocery store every day for either Rxs or other necessary things like coconut and choclate chips. throw in chemo treatments twice a week and answering pms and emails and doing the matrix and my own personal spreadsheet and I have been spread prettty thin, speaking of that I have lost 3 pounds. lol. Don't get me wrong I am in no way complaing! I have never been so tired, but have never felt so needed and alive.So if I miss a pm don't feel bad about telling me about it! We are having a gift wrapping party for the donations for the family on the 17th with cookies and cocoa and of course Christmas music! Then the family is coming on the 22nd to get thier goodies! There are 5 kids ages 6 months to 16 years old, a disabled grandma and husband and wife. I love Christmas!!!! Oh and I almost forgot I have a Secret Pal Package I am working on!!! Just remember even if you don't hear from me I am watching and checking my list, sometimes checking it twice! (couldn't help myself!!)
    Lori
    you should be given a sainthood for the amount of work that you do for everyone else.
    Old 12-07-2011, 01:35 AM

Lori you are a special person and God will reward you for doing good deeds. I hope people make it easier this month on you and get there pkgs sent on time so you don't have to worry about us during the holidays. Tell your friends they are in good hands with you caring for them and all of us praying. I know you are tired, but it sounds like you are having fun with cooking. Try to take a little time for yourself, relax a little and enjoy the holiday season with your friends. Thanks for sending an angel for me last month.