• December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

• December Secret Pal Sign Up Closes 11/30 noon CDT

Old 12-07-2011, 09:13 PM

Coconut Joys
    1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
    2 cups of powdered sugar
    3 cups of coconut
    3 ounces semi sweet cholate chips

melt butter in microwave in glass bowl until completely melted, add powdered sugar and coconut and mix well. Shape into balls, using rounded teaspoon. Easiest to scoop with spoon and then roll into balls in the palm of your hands. Make an indentation in center of each ball (I use my thumb) and place on cookie sheet. They kind of look like a birds nest I think after you make the center hole. Microwave chocolate chips until melted on full power. Fill the center with melted chocolate and chill until firm. Store in refrigerator. Makes about 36. I almost always run out of the melted chocolate and have to melt some more. They are really easy and kids love to make them! Adults love to eat them.

Last edited by Lori Peercy; 12-07-2011 at 09:18 PM.
    Old 12-07-2011, 10:04 PM

Thanks for posting the recipe for the coconut joys. Sound really yummy and easy. Think I will make s tray for our Chancel Choir rehersal this weekend....They will eat anything....just like teenage boys ! LOL. :-)
    Old 12-07-2011, 11:13 PM

I have been missing only a couple of days ( not feeling very well) and wow I think there was about 50 pages of posts.

Ok I love Goetta, we even have goetta fest! Kim I bet we live close.

Alot of nice packages being received.

Bless you Lori, you sure do alot. I have said a prayer for you.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:04 AM
    Banned

Default RAK address list

If you sent me your email address for a copy of the
    RAK list PLEASE check your email.

I sent the email with 3 file format attachments word document,
    excel spreadsheet & pdf file. Please let me know if you have problems
    with opening the files.

Good night everyone (or should I say morning? since it is 2:02am now)
    I am going to TRY to get to sleep now.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:03 AM

Well my package goes in the mail tomorrow..So someone with 30 plus years of quilting and lives in a small town North of me and LOVES furry things, be on the lookout early next week ...Diana
    Old 12-08-2011, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Coconut Joys
    1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
    2 cups of powdered sugar
    3 cups of coconut
    3 ounces semi sweet cholate chips

melt butter in microwave in glass bowl until completely melted, add powdered sugar and coconut and mix well. Shape into balls, using rounded teaspoon. Easiest to scoop with spoon and then roll into balls in the palm of your hands. Make an indentation in center of each ball (I use my thumb) and place on cookie sheet. They kind of look like a birds nest I think after you make the center hole. Microwave chocolate chips until melted on full power. Fill the center with melted chocolate and chill until firm. Store in refrigerator. Makes about 36. I almost always run out of the melted chocolate and have to melt some more. They are really easy and kids love to make them! Adults love to eat them.
    Lori, Thanks so much for the recipe. DD and I will probably make them this weekend.
    Old 12-08-2011, 04:38 AM

HI all! I'm' anticipating for all of you receiving your packages I think we're going to be blown away with pics coming in and I can't wait to see them all! Everyone have a good day!
    Old 12-08-2011, 04:48 AM
    Swap Hosts

Louise, what cutie pies! They are just adorable - and who can resist a nice warm fluffy rug. I know it's hard for me not to curl up on the bathroom floor with one.
    Old 12-08-2011, 06:26 AM

Oh Louise your cats are just gorgeous!!! The "dude" his sable color on his shoulders is so handsome! My two cats don't particularly like the sewing room, will visit on occasion to see what I'm doing. Now the two dogs are always there.

We were always a one cat family until Girlie Girl adopted us a year and half ago. The neighborhood kids would carry her around and she never clawed them. I watched her for about a week and put some food out...she was starving. My husband wasn't happy...."That cat will never go away." Then she started catching voles and field mice around the outside and DH thought she'd be good to keep around as our house cat NEVER went outside. She was supposed to be a garage cat to catch mice and voles, "Do you agree, Onalee?" Dh said. I said, "Of course she'll be a good mouser for us" ...then I let her into the laundry room, then I let her into the kitchen, then the dining room, then in the evenings she'd sit on my lap .... all the while my DH giving me the 'stink eye' LOL.

Not wanting to add more kitties to the world we took her to be spade and the Vet called and said when he shaved her belly she had a scar that she'd already been spade. He told us that a lot of people are dumping their animals as he thinks they can no longer afford them.

DH made a bed for her in the garage and every evening at bedtime she'd go to her bed...a covered insulated box with a heating pad....this winter as of two days ago...finally my DH acquiesced and said my protesting about her having to be separated from us at night by having to go to the garage made me uncomfortable. DH has allowed her to spend all night in the house. DH said, with a grin on his face, "You thought you were being sly but I knew it would eventually come to this."

When we were married nearly 45 years ago, my mother told my DH..."You know she's crazy about animals and I have always said one day my little girl will grow up and live in house with a white picket fence and have a houseful of pets."
    We agreed one dog, one cat....well over 45 years it's been mostly two dogs and one cat... not a houseful but a wonderful compromise.... she says, with a sly grin.... :0)

Last edited by onaemtnest; 12-08-2011 at 06:35 AM.
    Old 12-08-2011, 07:07 AM

Can somebody help me please? I am trying to get the following quilt pattern I need to do a quilt but when I go to try and download the PDF file, it says page not there, etc. So can somebody else try and go there and see if they can download the file and email me with it? I would so appreciate it! TIA! Here's the website:
    http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/baby-blocks-quilt-pattern.htm