December Secret Pal Swap

Old 12-08-2010, 06:42 AM

Hi Everybody:

In case you didn't see (and I just posted this...giggles)....

Welcome to the QUILTING IN THE YEAR SWAP – January 2011

http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...jsp?gracnum=96

Bon

PS: If you PM me on this, PLEASE put that it is for the January 2011 swap.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:30 PM

You are welcome Twinkie I am so glad you liked the package.
Originally Posted by twinkie
I received my December Secret Pal package on Monday. I tried to take a picture with my phone but it turned out terrible. My digital camera died about 3 weeks ago so I will do my best to describe the beautiful items that Alissa sent to me. There was a darling "sassy and chic" key chain in the shape of a ladies hat, a very pretty cup and saucer (I collect them), a gorgeous card with the center cut out in an oval shape with a machine embroidered fall leaf in it. I am going to frame it and put it on the wall of my sewing room (if I can find an empty spot LOL). A yummy package of Lindt Lindor chocolate truffles and a package of Ferrero Rocher chocolates, the cutest pattern called "What Fabric" by Needlesongs and 2 FQ's in the Blenders pattern that were yellow and orange and I love them. I know that Alissa spent a lot of time putting this package together and I am sorry I couldn't show you a picture. I am a lucky quilter to have had her for a secret pal. Thank you Alissa
Old 12-08-2010, 12:47 PM

I sent my December Secret Pal Package yesterday. It was headed west of here, and east of somewhere else!:) The post office says it should arrive Fri. or Mon. I hope whoever gets it likes it!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:54 PM

I would love to be in the quilting sisters swap but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to commit to make something every month as I am so busy with other commitments. I understand that the monthly secret pal had to be changed and it is such a shame as most people I am sure enjoyed the friendship that went the swap. I certainly did. Thank you so much Bonnie and Suzanne for all the hard work that went with orgainisng the secret pal swap.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by aussie croydon
I would love to be in the quilting sisters swap but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to commit to make something every month as I am so busy with other commitments. I understand that the monthly secret pal had to be changed and it is such a shame as most people I am sure enjoyed the friendship that went the swap. I certainly did. Thank you so much Bonnie and Suzanne for all the hard work that went with orgainisng the secret pal swap.
Ohh. hmm. I had better revise how that looks. That would still be a month by month basis. You would have to sign up each month for it so if there was a month you couldn't do, you just don't sign up that month.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:59 PM

It really is a shame that we aren't going to be able to do the monthly secret swap...it really is fun...I've been doing it since August and have enjoyed it.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:17 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

So if I understand correctly we will not have the Secret Pal swap anymore?? This makes me sad. :-(
Old 12-08-2010, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
So if I understand correctly we will not have the Secret Pal swap anymore?? This makes me sad. :-(
Ditto.
But I understand that it is hard to keep up with it and make everyone accountable. I just sure hope there won't be any slackers with the new swap..my guess is that there will be though.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:52 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Candie,
You are probably right, seems there is always a few that ruin it for the many. :-( I will never understand why someone wants to be that way...it really is beyond my comprehencion
Old 12-08-2010, 05:23 PM

It is a shame that this has happened. There was no need for it. There were several of us who volunteered to be sure everyone got a swap....all that had to happen was to send us the info and the gift would have been mailed. But for an extra PM, everyone would have been happy. Now 95% of us are punished for the actions of 5%...how is this fair?