December Secret Pal Swap

Old 12-22-2010, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Originally Posted by SLHughes
Yahoo!!! I received my package today from Peggy ... aka Boop56!!! I received a needleworker's accessory kit, Holiday Cross stitch ornament kit (my other hobbie), thread (which I can always use), mint chocolates (which are my favorite chocolate), and 4 fat quarters, burgundy, green, blue and a lite blue with snowmen ( I collect snowmen)!!!

Thanks for the awesome package!!! I love it all!!! :thumbup:
It sounds lovely! Thread is always good (as well as needles) for the SP packages.
So very happy you received it and I am happy you enjoyed it.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:26 PM

When I went to the Post Office this morning, I had a package waiting for me, imagine my surprise and excitement when I found it had traveled all the way from Australia. I could hardly wait until i got to my car to open it. It came all the way from Victoria, Australia and was sent by Penny123.

Penny thank you for the two pieces of fabric. My guild is doing the Quick Trip in January. Both pieces you sent will be the foundations for my other fabric choices. They are both so colorful and offer so many color variations -- I am looking foward to selecting more fabric for the project. It will truly be a quick trip around the world.

Sorry -- I also received a bead basket made from tea towels and instructions so I can make additional ones. A quilt pattern produced in Australia and a torch which will come in handy this Spring when I return to my place.

I will post pictures in an hour or two. I just got home after being gone all day.

Penny, thank you so much.

P.S. I am off the bench!
Old 12-22-2010, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Aurora
When I went to the Post Office this morning, I had a package waiting for me, imagine my surprise and excitement when I found it had traveled all the way from Australia. I could hardly wait until i got to my car to open it. It came all the way from Victoria, Australia and was sent by Penny123.

Penny thank you for the two pieces of fabric. My guild is doing the Quick Trip in January. Both pieces you sent will be the foundations for my other fabric choices. They are both so colorful and offer so many color variations -- I am looking foward to selecting more fabric for the project. It will truly be a quick trip around the world.

Sorry -- I also received a bead basket made from tea towels and instructions so I can make additional ones. A quilt pattern produced in Australia and a torch which will come in handy this Spring when I return to my place.

I will post pictures in an hour or two. I just got home after being gone all day.

P.S. I am off the bench!
Sounds like a delightful package. You waited until you got to the car? I've been known to open them up in the post office and not wait to get home or the car. LOL.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:53 PM

you dont have to leave the Bench just because you got the package. they will let you stay and stitch if you want. sounds like a great package

P.S. I am off the bench!
Old 12-22-2010, 02:55 PM

Sounds like a delightful package. You waited until you got to the car? I've been known to open them up in the post office and not wait to get home or the car. LOL.

You see Penny had really taped it good for its long journey and I could not rip it open, believe me -- I tried. I keep a pair of scissors in my car for just such emergencies.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:59 PM

Yep, and you dont want to walk into the USPS with a knife, we would have to come bail you out of jail..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You see Penny had really taped it good for its long journey and I could not rip it open, believe me -- I tried. I keep a pair of scissors in my car for just such emergencies.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
Yep, and you dont want to walk into the USPS with a knife, we would have to come bail you out of jail..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

My post office is used to seeing me with scissors and tape in my purse. LOL. I lent them to somebody today while I was in line.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:20 PM

Gday, i am Sooooooooooo glad you received it, i was getting really worried. i did include chockies, but when i went to re-check the packaging they had melted, hmmmm was a bit of a mess. had to lick it up. you are having snow/cold weather and we are having hot/wet weather. Sorry about no chockies, will send them a little later in the year. Merry christmas to you and enjoy. Love Penny

P.S. I am off the bench!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:20 PM

Gday, i am Sooooooooooo glad you received it, i was getting really worried. i did include chockies, but when i went to re-check the packaging they had melted, hmmmm was a bit of a mess. had to lick it up. you are having snow/cold weather and we are having hot/wet weather. Sorry about no chockies, will send them a little later in the year. Merry christmas to you and enjoy. Love Penny

P.S. I am off the bench!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:21 PM

sorry about that, not sure why it went twice, grrrrr