Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Down on the Farm Block Swap >
  • Down on the Farm Block Swap

• Down on the Farm Block Swap

Old 03-29-2018, 10:53 AM

Is anyone doing bunnies or ducks. Those are animals you will see on a farm also.

I just know that I'm going to be sorry for missing out on this. But, I just don't have the time right now. I'm really trying to concentrate on finishing up UFO's this year.

But, this really looks like a special swap. And, I just know the blocks are going to be spectacular. I'll keep checking in to see all your blocks.

I will keep thinking about joining though........I will write myself a note and put it on my sewing machine. I see the deadline to actually make blocks is still quite a bit away.

Last edited by Judith1005; 03-29-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    Old 03-29-2018, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    From a previous swap with farm animals. These are my blocks from that swap. Just to give you an example of some appliqued animals. This new swap has different parameters. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. This should be fun!

This swap calls for quote" I see chickens, pigs, cows, horses, dogs, cats, goats, sheep and more in a rainbow of colors and styles. Applique, pieced, paper-pieced but no DP9s, no fabric squares and no fussy cuts with novelty prints. I want you to challenge yourselves to create an actual animal for your blocks! Honestly, I can’t wait to make a pieced cow."
    Anna, these are ADORABLE blocks. What a fun swap that must have been. That grasshopper in a jar is a hoot!
    Old 03-30-2018, 11:45 AM

Here's another link to animal patterns. http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/

They have lots that are free. But, they also sell patterns.

They have some GREAT chickens.
    Old 04-01-2018, 10:16 AM
    Power Poster

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is....0.11-sOzBS-0g

Here are some really fun images.
    Old 04-02-2018, 07:09 PM

Just made a quick trip to TN with my mom. I'll be back in NC by Wed.
    Old 04-05-2018, 07:49 AM

Good afternoon everyone~ I made it back safely to NC but I wish I was still in TN. You can take the girl out of the mountains but you can't take the mountains out of the girl I guess. Growing up the joke was we had one leg shorter than the other so we could stand on a hillside! It was probably the same for our farm animals as well.

I saw the cutest baby goats when I was home and it reminded me that I needed to work on my farm blocks! Baby goats, chicks and calves... So many animals and so little time!

I hope everyone is taking the time to enjoy this Spring. For those of you up north in the snow and ice, I feel for you but I sure as heck don't want to change places! Sorry!!!!
    Old 04-08-2018, 05:30 PM

Just a reminder that the deadline for sign-ups is looming! Please pm me soon so I can count on you. I will post pics of my blocks the day before the deadline! I'm just wicked that way.... hope to hear from y'all soon!
    Old 04-09-2018, 08:44 AM

Hi Anna,

I changed my mind. I decided that I really want to join up. I sent a pm of to you with my personals. There are just too many cute blocks being shown. I know I would regret it if I didn't get in on the fun.

So, hi everyone. I hope to have something I can share with you soon. I've been researching farm blocks for days. I found one I absolutely love with sheep. I know, someone may have already done sheep and/or a bunny. Which I have to take to a copy place and resize tomorrow. (the bunny one) So, I hope mine will be different and you won't mind that I am making them.
    Old 04-09-2018, 10:41 AM

I've received several farm related blocks in the I spy swaps. I went through the latest swap squares and set the farm blocks aside (pigs, chickens, tractors, horses, etc). Now I have some perfect blocks to help me change a 9 1/2" x 12 1/2" block, if needed, or to just fill out holes when I go to make my quilt. I need to dig through my other squares because I know I have a lot more!

This is going to be a fun one to put together.
    Old 04-10-2018, 10:41 AM

GracefulAnn, I have 2 questions for you.

1. The blocks must be constructed animals only? Or, are blocks made with farm prints acceptable? The way it reads, it looks like you want constructed animal blocks only??? Whichever is fine with me. I just didn't want to make the wrong type blocks.

2. Can flannel be used for an Applique piece. It would add texture to the block. I bought a really good quality flannel because it was the perfect color. But, I also got a great cotton print just in case. I do understand that the fabric background square could stretch because of the difference in fabric. But, I was really talking about the Bunny's body. (as flannel) I could also do a blend of both fabrics. Do two of each if someone's not okay with it. 2 with flannel, 2 without???

3. Yep, I guess I have 3 questions. Is a bunny ok for a farm. My sister and I had pet bunny's and so did my kids to. You could technically see bunny's on a farm. So, are bunny's ok?