Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Down on the Farm: Theme Swap - OMG! SEE PG. 74 >
  • Down on the Farm: Theme Swap - OMG! SEE PG. 74

• Down on the Farm: Theme Swap - OMG! SEE PG. 74

Old 03-22-2010, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
    OMG. My Husband is going to KILL ME. I am so upset, I am going to cry. The PO was out of the $5 boxes, so I went ahead and sent the packages anyway since I promised you all I would today. Ready for how much it cost me?!

OVER $100. (Minus the $35 bucks people sent to help with their postage, so over $60.)

The P.O. employee YELLED at me for bringing in so many packages, then insisted that he weigh EVERY SINGLE one, and almost all of them needed more postage for this reason and that. The total added up fast.
    Did you report him to his superviser? It wouldn't do any good probably as they are unionized but crap like this makes me so mad. He gets paid to do his job. No wonder the PO is in such a financial mess. Their competition treats their customers with respect (at least the ones that I have dealt with). What a jerk!
    Old 03-23-2010, 04:50 AM

Dear brt, so sorry you had a bad experience at the post office my postmistress was very helpful. we weighted it several ways to get the best rate and I added more postage in case the return was heavier. I will send you some extra in a couple of weeks also. You should not have to bare that expense Thanks for your hard work
    Old 03-23-2010, 06:13 AM

BRT hope you looked in the packages ,T just put $5.00 cash inside.

76andcounting
    Old 03-23-2010, 12:01 PM

Same here I had the post lady weigh it twice and with the pakage then I put a little extra on it too. Let me know if I owe more. I was worried about that.
    Old 03-23-2010, 12:03 PM

My postal people are nice I go to the same lady when I send pkgs she always wants to know more about the quilting and all the exciting pkg. She has even opened a window when she sees me so she can talk to me. Sorry you really had a bad day and the postal worker must have had a bad day too.
    Old 03-23-2010, 04:18 PM

Like I said, all but two or three packages needed additional postage. The mail man was being a dick and was finding every minute error and charging me for it.

I can't say who owes what, as the man took the packages, weighed them, and slapped more postage on them one by one behind the counter and gave me the scary total.

Yes, I did find people's cash and checks. Thank you. However, many were more than $5 to send. :(

Ah well.

Three people said they were sending money, and one individual who wasn't part of this swap wanted to send some as well. (Although I didn't accept hers. Very nice though!) I have recouped at least $20, so that helps. Thanks ladies!

Everyone did a FANTASTIC job on their blocks. I didn't want to give up any of mine to "fix" the missing 12, as I thought I should keep them all... including all the others I didn't get in the swap! Bwhaahahaa! But I did, and my husband helped swap the katrillion blocks that littered my floor in cute little farm rows. I really hope people get a good selection. We tried not to hand out duplicates, but some people ended up with doubles as it was impossible not to in some cases.

I loved them all, you should all have fantastic quilts and I want to see pictures!!! :)

I had fun with you all, and drama aside, this was a great swap! :)
    Old 03-23-2010, 04:23 PM
    Banned

BRT:
    Thanks again, you worked very hard. I will send additional postage too. You can't eat all that expense. It is nice to see everyone wants to help out.
    Old 03-23-2010, 06:17 PM

I will send you some to help cover the costs as well not to mention the time you spent hosting and encouraging all of us new members through the process of the first swap - I cannot wait to get my blocks. Thanks again and I look forward to many more swaps.
    Old 03-24-2010, 07:58 AM

I wasn't in on this swap, but the message seems to be flat rate postage should be used to protect our coordinators from additional expense...at least that is what I intend to use on any swaps I participate in... So sorry, BRT that this was wild, no wonder you need a break :(
    Old 03-24-2010, 08:04 AM
    Power Poster

Hey BRT....I got my blocks today!!! Yippee!!! Thank you ladies, they are all adorable! Now....I got 1 extra...so here is one of the missing blocks.

BRT...I will mail it back to you along with some extra $ to help cover your postage????