Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Eager Beavers Chat and photos >
  • Eager Beavers Chat and photos

• Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Old 09-11-2011, 03:26 AM

ROFL @dayle!!!
    well i'm not getting breast implants if that's what you mean!!
    :D:Dheeeheee
    i get a little home sick for Yorkshire, i miss it terribly...
    my eldest daughter is very much like myself, and loves yorkshire even though she was born up here in Scotland and has spent all her life here. she naturally feels she belongs there too.
    i'm not sure if it's in her blood to appreciate the things i do (she's very like me character wise) or i've maybe just influenced her over he years along with my parents to love our home land...
    every year heather and i take a week away in 'York'. this year we're stopping off at the 'Beamish' open door museum just outside Newcastle, then off to 'Whitby' the next day (this is where 'Captain Cook' sailed the 'Endeavour' from to discover Australia, it's also famous because of it's ruined abbey & Bram Stoker's 'Dracula')
    quote:One of the highlights is the Bram Stoker Memorial seat. It was the view from this spot that inspired Stoker's Whitby scenes. One can look straight across the harbor and can see the ruins of the Abbey, the Church, and the stone steps. And just to the left is the cliff where the "Demeter" came ashore.
    we will stop off at 'Goathland' Village just outside of Whitby for a little wander, this is where they used to film 'Heartbeat'. I'm not sure if you watch this at all in the US, but i think you can watch it in Australia... we're then onto 3 days in 'York'. all of these places are from my youth, my old 'stamping ground' you could say.

so when my levels of 'home' drop too low, i go back down south for a 'top up' lol...
    have a 'google' of these places, you can follow me on my travels!

Originally Posted by RNUNU
    Originally Posted by jacquie
    OMGoodness!! i'm dumb struck!! heeeeeheeeeee dayle!!!
    :D:D:D
    yeah!! ok!! lol...your pets have great taste in swim wear!!! ours like to skinny dip over here!!! lol...
    great work dayle!!!

i'm going to be a way until next weekend, so won't be around to see my email etc. my DD1 heather, is insisting i don't take my laptop with me :( she says it's a 'holiday' and i'm not allowed to spend any of it with my nose stuck in the pc :(
    (i feel like it's 'role reversal'!!! not fair!!!)
    we're off down to yorkshire for my yearly top up!! woohoo!!
    can't wait!! i'm soooo looking forwards to this!! i won't even have any time for hand sewing!!
    take care ladies, and i'll see you when i get back!! love jacquie xxxxx
    humph :(
    Jacquie - You say your going to Yorkshire for your yearly "top up" .... does this mean your getting a "stuffed bra" like the Poodle Dog has on? Here in America not familiar with what a "top up" is??? :? :roll:
    Bram Stoker's view of Whitby Abbey...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]254703[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-254697.gif  
    Old 09-13-2011, 10:44 PM

All I can say is WOW.....that is wonderful. I love the bathing suit touches on the lovely animals. You have such a great imigination, and then you carry them out so well. Sorry I didnt post earlier, but I have not been getting my email notices either. I have had trouble ever since they sold the site to the people in CA. Wish it was back in DE, where they knew how to do things and keep us all in touch. But, Thank you, Thank you,
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for another amazing row.

OMG ---- Don't fall over in a dead faint Girls .... "Yes" it is "Me" and guess what happened to me? I finished Patti's - Dog & Cat Row. Jacquie's quilt arrived a day or two before we left on our Michigan Trip ..... so her Row #4 is the next target. I have been so buried since we got home and have so many commitments this month.

Anyway ..... here's a couple of pictures to show all of you Patti's - Row Robin Quilt. I kept the row in the Beach Theme and hope she likes what I did.

Dayle
    Old 09-14-2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by pattis47
    All I can say is WOW.....that is wonderful. I love the bathing suit touches on the lovely animals. You have such a great imigination, and then you carry them out so well. Sorry I didnt post earlier, but I have not been getting my email notices either. I have had trouble ever since they sold the site to the people in CA. Wish it was back in DE, where they knew how to do things and keep us all in touch. But, Thank you, Thank you,

OMG ---- Don't fall over in a dead faint Girls .... "Yes" it is "Me" and guess what happened to me? I finished Patti's - Dog & Cat Row. Jacquie's quilt arrived a day or two before we left on our Michigan Trip ..... so her Row #4 is the next target. I have been so buried since we got home and have so many commitments this month.

Anyway ..... here's a couple of pictures to show all of you Patti's - Row Robin Quilt. I kept the row in the Beach Theme and hope she likes what I did.

Dayle
    Glad you like your Dog & Cat Row ..... I had it on our trip and everytime I'd get it out to work on the hand sewing, I had to go through and explain how the Row Robins work, which BTW they thought was really neat and especially having the International touch. Everytime someone saw your row .... they couldn't help but giving a "chuckle or two" and they want to see pictures of our quilting endeavors .... so I will keep them posted on our progress. :thumbup: :lol:

Dayle
    Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 AM

Wow, it will be nice to read the journal with all their entries....this one has really traveled the countryside!

Originally Posted by pattis47

Dayle
    Glad you like your Dog & Cat Row ..... I had it on our trip and everytime I'd get it out to work on the hand sewing, I had to go through and explain how the Row Robins work, which BTW they thought was really neat and especially having the International touch. Everytime someone saw your row .... they couldn't help but giving a "chuckle or two" and they want to see pictures of our quilting endeavors .... so I will keep them posted on our progress. :thumbup: :lol:

Dayle
    Old 09-15-2011, 06:08 AM

How is everyone doing? I feel like we've all just disappeared. I've been without a row for quite a while now and I'm missing the contact and fun! Does anyone have any pictures or updates???
    Old 09-15-2011, 08:29 AM

I just finished Patti's - "Dog & Cat Row" (Row #3) .... sent Betty an Email about getting it to her. (We are having a QB Meet & Greet on Sept. 24th in Twin Falls - Betty indicated she was coming.) Waiting for Betty's Email answer - if I should mail it or give it to her personally. Starting work on Jacquie's - "Star Row" (Row #4). So that is where I stand at this moment. :wink: :-) --- Dayle
    Old 09-15-2011, 08:47 AM

I just finished Patti's - "Dog & Cat Row" (Row #3) .... sent Betty an Email about getting it to her. (We are having a QB Meet & Greet on Sept. 24th in Twin Falls - Betty indicated she was coming.) Waiting for Betty's Email answer - if I should mail it or give it to her personally. Starting work on Jacquie's - "Star Row" (Row #4). So that is where I stand at this moment. :wink: :-) --- Dayle
    It sounds like you've been busy with a row done and one to work on. I just wish I had one to work on, I'm feeling left out.
    Old 09-17-2011, 11:03 AM

hi, i'm back!! we were only away 5 days, but it felt even less than that!! the time went too quickly!! but we did have fun though :)

joan, don't worry, you can sit in the corner and wait with me... lol...
    although i have hundreds of other things to catch up on right now, i'm kinda needing the 'waiting time' to get caught up!!

'sew' much sewing, such little time to do it in!!
    eeeek!!
    Old 09-17-2011, 12:25 PM

Since I am having such a rough time with this dog row not meeting my expectations, I think I will forward Linda and Jacquies rows to you and let you get started and then I will just send my row separately to your or whoever has the rows at the time I finish. Is that ok with you Joan?

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
    It sounds like you've been busy with a row done and one to work on. I just wish I had one to work on, I'm feeling left out.
    Old 09-17-2011, 01:06 PM

That is fine with me. I just need to know what I am doing for which person.