Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Eager Beavers Chat and photos >
  • Eager Beavers Chat and photos

• Eager Beavers Chat and photos

Old 10-25-2011, 06:12 AM

Well, truth be told, I have been having trouble sleeping lately. So, instead of tossing and turning in bed, I just get up and stitch. I think it is the change in the seasons. I have allergies and they have been awful lately. With all the rain, there is alot of mold in our area. I am anxious for the 1st frost so it kills most of the stuff in the air.

Lindyline,
    When I started this I was really not sure I could do it. But I decided to get all the templates ready first. Then in my usual "Jump the Gun" - "Eager Beaver" style I started early just to be sure I could keep up with the group. Well enough said, the more I finished the more I want to do. It did get put away on the shelf for several weeks and "out of sight out of mind" took over. When I realized I was now "BEHIND" the rest of the group it lit a fire under me and here we are today. It has been alot of fun and the group of ladies that are doing this are really wonderful. Jacquie is also doing this one but she got sidetracked when baby Phoebe came along and then the announcement of the wedding for her other daughter. I really want to see her finished blocks since she does such wonderful applique work. Joan has the book but just has not taken the plunge yet. I will be anxious to see hers also. Everything she has done is just wonderful, also.
    Old 10-25-2011, 10:41 AM

O M G!!!!!! patti!! i could cry!!
    they are beautiful!!!! i MUST get these finished next year!!
    you've been such an inspiration!!! really you have!!
    well done!!
    fabulous work!!
    Old 10-25-2011, 03:55 PM

Aaahhhhh shucks, you are too nice. thanks for the compliments
    Old 10-26-2011, 07:49 PM

Ok ladies, I had to put the AOTH block away for the day, had to finish my fabric postcard for the swap and grandkids and also had to finish the Christmas Ornaments for the swap. Pictures to follow shortly.....

What have the rest of you been sewing? It is just too quiet in here. I hope Linda is getting better and will be able to send the top to Jacquie quickly. Looks like she has finished her other row for the other group so Jacquie you should be next. Joan you haven't posted any of your work lately. Dayle, are you and Herman working on anything new? Betty, oh Betty, where are you?????????? Please come out and play and show us what you are working on.

Christmas Ornaments for the Swap
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]277661[/ATTACH]

Halloween Post Cards
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]277662[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-277608.jpe   attachment-277609.jpe  
    Old 10-26-2011, 08:08 PM

Patti, those are all so cute. I really like the halloween fabric you used.
    I've been quite busy, but not on our rows because I haven't had one of ours to work on in a while. I did just finish a memory quilt that I will post after I give it to the family tomorrow night. It was a very hard quilt for me to make as the young woman that died was only in her early 20's and the daughter I made it for is only 4 years old. I hope the family will like it. I'm sure there will be some tears tomorrow.
    I also finished a wall hanging I made for my son who lives in Switzerland. My daughter and I visited him in May and I took a lot of pictures while we were hiking there. I used a couple of the pictures to make the wall hanging.
    I was kind of pushed into entering it into a show and it was accepted. The show is the first weekend in November and I'm not supposed to publish it until after that. I've been working on some other board RR and things for Linus and Wrap-a-smile too. Oh and of course, I've made a few new style purses along the way.
    So, I've been busy, just haven't posted any pictures lately.
    Old 10-26-2011, 08:31 PM

Sorry to hear about the death of such a young person, especially leaving behind a 4 yr old. I am sure there will be many tears tomorrow, but they will turn to tears of joy in the future when they have that quilt to cherish and remember the person she was.
    The wall hanging sounds interesting and very personal. I'm sure he will love it. Can't wait to see it after the competition.
    Here is a cute little bag and credit card/money case. We made them last friday at our "Soup and Sew" gathering.

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
    Patti, those are all so cute. I really like the halloween fabric you used.
    I've been quite busy, but not on our rows because I haven't had one of ours to work on in a while. I did just finish a memory quilt that I will post after I give it to the family tomorrow night. It was a very hard quilt for me to make as the young woman that died was only in her early 20's and the daughter I made it for is only 4 years old. I hope the family will like it. I'm sure there will be some tears tomorrow.
    I also finished a wall hanging I made for my son who lives in Switzerland. My daughter and I visited him in May and I took a lot of pictures while we were hiking there. I used a couple of the pictures to make the wall hanging.
    I was kind of pushed into entering it into a show and it was accepted. The show is the first weekend in November and I'm not supposed to publish it until after that. I've been working on some other board RR and things for Linus and Wrap-a-smile too. Oh and of course, I've made a few new style purses along the way.
    So, I've been busy, just haven't posted any pictures lately.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-277610.jpe  
    Old 10-26-2011, 08:38 PM

Very nice. I like the blue fabrics. I belong to a group on Tuesdays myself. It's fun doing projects with them.
    Old 10-26-2011, 08:49 PM

Most of the time we just sit and sew our own projects, but I had made this bag about a year ago and several of the women wanted to make one so we just took several hours and they all got to make one. Barb is going to make 15 sets for Christmas gifts for her grandchildrens teachers. She is having trouble with the zippers so this friday I told her I'll set the zippers and she can do the rest. She is over the moon with joy. She is going to add little hand sanitizers, chap stick and pocket tissues to the bags.
    Originally Posted by maine ladybug
    Very nice. I like the blue fabrics. I belong to a group on Tuesdays myself. It's fun doing projects with them.
    Old 10-27-2011, 04:12 AM

lovely items patti!
    i've been getting on with my swap blocks whenever time allows!
    i have just 14 'snow shoe' blocks left to do now for the 'winter vacation' block swap...
    here are the others that went not long ago too, the 'ivy leaves' for the 'christmas' block swap and 'elk' block the 'lodge/cabin/ Northwoods' block swap...
    i've had to make 20 of each...very time consuming! but worth it! :)

'snow shoes'...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]277759[/ATTACH]

'ivy leaves' block...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]277760[/ATTACH]

'elk block'...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]277764[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-277706.jpe   attachment-277707.jpe   attachment-277711.jpe  
    Old 10-27-2011, 07:49 AM

Got myself "buried" around here lately, which is nothing new for me! We (our Lions Club) finished Eye Screening and Hearing Tests for all the Elementary Schools (public and private schools) here in Twin Falls --- 2,155 students. Then had to get the house lined-up and ready to host The Quilting Spuds (my mini quilting group) gathering last Saturday for a Pot-Luck Luncheon. Meanwhile Herman was making a Turntable Thread Spool Holder for me, so I could have it for "Show'N Tell" at the gathering. (Someone on QB posted pictures of one similar that her DH made for her.) We were also on the committee to plan our Lions Club's 76th Birthday Dinner & Party (which was held last night at the Country Club) and I made a "Car Litter-Bag" with matching "Seat Belt Covers" from upholstery samples for a Raffle Prize. We are "smack-dab" in the middle of a Garage/Yard Sale to take place on Friday & Saturday (today is dedicated to arranging, pricing and making signs for it).

Believe it or not ..... I do have Linda's Row #5 - "Baskets w/ Fruits" all cut out and ready to sew (they've been "winking" at me through all this). When I get this row done for her ... she will only have Row #6 - "Trees and Flowers" to be made and her quilt will be on it's way back home to her.

I am posting pictures of the "Turntable - Thread Spool Holder" that Herman made. :) :) :thumbup:

Dayle

This will hold 94 spools of thread.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]277826[/ATTACH]

Lift the lid and you have a storage bin for whatever comes to mind.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]277827[/ATTACH]

Like rulers - pencils - scissors or "?".
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]277828[/ATTACH]

Here it is sitting in its place, with easy to reach thread when needed.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]277829[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-277773.jpe   attachment-277774.jpe   attachment-277775.jpe   attachment-277776.jpe