Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 >
  • Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

• Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Old 02-28-2011, 06:17 PM

Please dont change anything, honestly I really do like it. I think it is wonderful. The black fabric you used in the center of the end blocks looks like what I bought as a possible part of the border....but then decided to wait to see it when it got home. I was afraid the pattern was too big to be used in the border. So you see it is fine.
    Is the bluework embroidery stitches?

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
    I hope you really do like it. I am still worried because it is so different from the others. It is bluework, not applique or peiced blocks. You can't tell from the picture, but I did use some metalic thread for the detail work.
    I'll send it out to you tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest if you really like it. If not, please tell me and I'll try again.

Originally Posted by pattis47
    Stunning, absolutely beautiful....and you were worried.....duh
    Now I really am excited to get it back and see what it will take to finish the borders.....
    Is it here yet???????lol
    Okay, I can't wait. I just had to sew it on!! Now for the verdict??????
    I hope you like it, I hope you like it, I hope you like it!!
    Old 02-28-2011, 06:23 PM

My bluework is just a simple back stitch. I drew the patterns myself, so they aren't perfect. Thanks for your kind words. It was fun to do and it was a great thing for me to work on while Dad was in the hospital and rehab. I needed some hand work to keep me busy. Lots and lots of waiting around, if you know what I mean.
    Old 02-28-2011, 06:39 PM

I am so happy with it. You creating the design makes it so much more special. I like the teabag on the cup blocks, nice touch. Thank you for spending your time and creativity making the row so special.
    And yes I know what you mean about the hand work and the waiting around. My family laughs at me, because I have a small tote (lunchbag) that always has hand work in it...if I am going somewhere and don't know how long I have to wait I grab it on my way out the door. My grandkids always asked why I packed a snack and if there was enough for them.

My bluework is just a simple back stitch. I drew the patterns myself, so they aren't perfect. Thanks for your kind words. It was fun to do and it was a great thing for me to work on while Dad was in the hospital and rehab. I needed some hand work to keep me busy. Lots and lots of waiting around, if you know what I mean.
    Old 02-28-2011, 06:42 PM

LOL!! I don't have grandchildren, but if I did, I'd probably get asked the same thing!

Originally Posted by pattis47
    I am so happy with it. You creating the design makes it so much more special. Thank you for spending your time and creativity making the row so special.
    And yes I know what you mean about the hand work and the waiting around. My family laughs at me, because I have a small tote (lunchbag) that always has hand work in it...if I am going somewhere and don't know how long I have to wait I grab it on my way out the door. My grandkids always asked why I packed a snack and if there was enough for them.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:49 PM

Dayle, I think I will send the machine up with a friend who goes to TF regularly to see her DD and DGS. Larry knows it still isn't working right. Another friend and I are talking about coming up to the quilt show in April.
    Old 02-28-2011, 09:19 PM

Okay, I can't wait. I just had to sew it on!! Now for the verdict??????
    I hope you like it, I hope you like it, I hope you like it!!
    I think it looks "FABULOUS" ..... and with all the rows together, what more could anyone ask for! WOW ..... this whole adventure has been great fun .... can't hardly believe this project is winding down, it seemed to go so fast. It will be fun to now watch what we all do for borders and finish these works of art. Have a mental idea what I might do .... but waiting to see mine when it gets here, to make a final and definite decission. --- Dayle :thumbup:
    Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Boopers
    Dayle, I think I will send the machine up with a friend who goes to TF regularly to see her DD and DGS. Larry knows it still isn't working right. Another friend and I are talking about coming up to the quilt show in April.
    OMG ..... Betty, if you do come up for the Quilt Show .... you best look me up, or your in "big trouble"! TF quilter (on this board) is in charge of Admissions, just ask her where I am .... or for that matter you could ask any of our Guild Members, they find me for you. Keep me posted about your plans.
    --- Dayle :lol:
    Old 03-01-2011, 03:42 AM

i have to say, i really really LOVE 'ALL' of the rows together on pattis Row Robin!!!
    joan, your row fits beautifully as far as i'm concerned!!
    it balances the whole piece and looks to me like it complements all of our coloured rows too. it has boopers greens, & my pinks, balances great with dayles...
    i think your embroidery is wonderful and makes it sew much more special!!!
    i always think you need a variation of all kinds of patchwork/embroidery/applique in projects like a row/round robin, as to me it's a sort of 'showcase' of this hobby, esp as it's going to be a 'keepsake' too.
    i just love it!!!!

WELL DONE EVERYONE!!! another great row robin completed!!!
    i'm sew pleased i decided to take part in this :)
    (happy happy person sitting here :))

i've decided i need to stay away during the night, as too much happenes while i'm sleeping!! lol...

ladies, please don't forget to post these pics on the new row robin pictures thread!!! we want all the other ladies to drool over our rows too!! lol...
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-101878-1.htm
    Old 03-01-2011, 02:18 PM

i meant to say;
    "i've decided i need to stay AWAKE during the night, as too much happenes while i'm sleeping"!!

NOT; 'stay away'
    ohh dear lol...
    i really need to double check my typing! lol...
    Old 03-01-2011, 05:32 PM

Boopers,
    I just went to the USPS tracking site and no update since sunday afternoon when it left Baltimore processing center, no idea where it is.....

Your item was processed through and left our BALTIMORE, MD 21233 facility on February 28, 2011 at 4:44 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.