Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 >
  • Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

• Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Old 03-21-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by jacquie
    how are we doing ladies?
    Betty did you decide how you might finish off your RR?
    are you adding any more to it? i would love to see pics!
    Yes, yes! Pictures would be good. I'm starting to feel deprived of new pictures!
    Old 03-21-2011, 05:37 PM

Ladies, I have been sew busy helping a friend. She just opened a LQS and had never done a quilt show. Now she has one under her belt. It was a lot of fun. POOPED!!!! Now I have to get busy. I will be adding borders to my quilt, but not until I get my row finished for Dayle's quilt and the row finished for the one I am doing for group 8 and the round I am working on for the International Round Robin group 8. I also have to finish blocks for a swap I am in at guild. Also heading up a committee to plan our local quilt show we are doing the first weekend of August. BUSY, BUSY.
    Old 03-21-2011, 06:07 PM

Doing just fine... have most of 8 blocks done. I'm going away for a week this Saturday and would like to have my blocks in the mail by then. Don't know if that'll happen, though.
    Old 03-21-2011, 07:09 PM

Betty,
    You are busier than a one-armed paper hanger. You go girl...like that cable guy says///Git er done!

Originally Posted by Boopers
    Ladies, I have been sew busy helping a friend. She just opened a LQS and had never done a quilt show. Now she has one under her belt. It was a lot of fun. POOPED!!!! Now I have to get busy. I will be adding borders to my quilt, but not until I get my row finished for Dayle's quilt and the row finished for the one I am doing for group 8 and the round I am working on for the International Round Robin group 8. I also have to finish blocks for a swap I am in at guild. Also heading up a committee to plan our local quilt show we are doing the first weekend of August. BUSY, BUSY.
    Old 03-22-2011, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Boopers
    betty don't forget your view!! lol...
    Old 03-22-2011, 07:27 AM

Jacquie --- Got a question for you. Since Betty did not attach her row to the other rows ..... would you want me to do the same thing .... "not attach it", so if you want to put sashing between the rows .... or rearrange the rows, you can?

Working like "CRAZY" here getting ready for the Quilt Show.

Question for Boopers: When you come up for the Quilt Show ... are you and your friend going to stay overnight .... or Round Trip it in "one day"?

--- Dayle
    Old 03-22-2011, 07:30 AM

Dayle, I'm not sure yet. Really haven't had time to sit down and make plans. Should know this week.
    Old 03-22-2011, 09:29 AM

Dayle, it would be wonderful if you would leave the row off. i have bought extra fabric and i'm going to 'sash' between all of the rows, and trail applique ivy on top of the sashing's. i think booper's row may go to the bottom, as like a 'footer' statement. her row will be perfect for that! IMHO...

i have all these idea's running through my head!! i'm going to start making my ivy soon, (the Eleanor Burns way of doing applique lol... quick & easy!!)
    (i love that lady!! lol)

ohh, ladies i have a photo to show you all, do you remember recently i won some lotto blocks on another forum i'm part of (the QIAD forum) well, i recently finished putting it together. the border fabrics were a gift from a secret pal' a moda charmpack. they were PERFECT for this quilt. i just backed the quilt top with a cream fleece throw, so it will be light & soft for 'Baby Phoebe'.
    Rachael loves it! my Mum is in the photo with Rachael.

Rachael, 'bump', Mum & 'Baby quilt of love'...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]173345[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-173339.jpe  
    Old 03-22-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
    Dayle, it would be wonderful if you would leave the row off. i have bought extra fabric and i'm going to 'sash' between all of the rows, and trail applique ivy on top of the sashing's. i think booper's row may go to the bottom, as like a 'footer' statement. her row will be perfect for that! IMHO...

i have all these idea's running through my head!! i'm going to start making my ivy soon, (the Eleanor Burns way of doing applique lol... quick & easy!!)
    (i love that lady!! lol)

ohh, ladies i have a photo to show you all, do you remember recently i won some lotto blocks on another forum i'm part of (the QIAD forum) well, i recently finished putting it together. the border fabrics were a gift from a secret pal' a moda charmpack. they were PERFECT for this quilt. i just backed the quilt top with a cream fleece throw, so it will be light & soft for 'Baby Phoebe'.
    Rachael loves it! my Mum is in the photo with Rachael.
    Oh, .... what a "Down Right Darling" quilt ..... and what a sweet picture of "Mama Rachael" and "Great Gramma 'Mum'".

--- Dayle :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 03-22-2011, 12:08 PM

The quilt is wonderful Jacquie! Just think little Phoebe will be dragging it around in no time. LOL!!