Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 >
  • Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

• Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1

Old 04-01-2011, 11:36 PM

Wow!! what a talented couple you are!! you're sew well matched!!
    (i'd love a Herman!! where did you find him!!) lol...

the booth looks great!! and your items are beautiful!! i can see you have both been extremely busy!! and are due a well deserved break lol...

enjoy the weekend! have a fabulous time!! can't wait to see pictures!!

i'm off to 'anti natal' class with Rachael this morning, her first of two. i'm sure i had a lot more classes than that when i was expecting!!!!
    then we're meeting my mum for lunch as we all can't meet up tomorrow unfortunately. have a lovely day all!!!!
    Old 04-02-2011, 07:51 PM

OMG .... today was the day of all days!!! Our own Boopers (Betty) and her friend Charlene arrived at the Quilt Show .... and we met "face to face" for the first time. I just happened to walk up to the entrance to talk to Elaine (TF quilter on QB) .... and timing couldn't have been better, Betty and Charlene had just come through the doors. After (((HUGS))) and introductions .... I was presented with my Row Robin Quilt and of course it had to be unfolded and view by "everyone in the area". The "rave reviews" that were handed out by everyone in that circled area ... was a "show-stopper" at the entrance to the Quilt Show, for a few moments. It gave me a teary moment when I saw all the "gorgeous rows" showing the dedicated time .... that "all of us" had put into it. I "Love It - Love It" .... and "Speechless" all at the same time!

The Icing on the Cake: Herman and I just returned home after meeting Betty and Charlene for dinner, at a restaurant in Buhl, ID. We had such a lovely visit ..... with "two" great ladies.

Sharing a picture with all of you, showing Betty, myself and the "Masterpiece".

--- Dayle 8-) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The "Masterpiece" - Betty and "Yours Truly"
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]178896[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-178890.jpe  
    Old 04-02-2011, 07:58 PM

That is truely a lovely quilt, and what a great photo. So nice to able to put faces to names. Glad you had such a great day.
    Old 04-02-2011, 08:04 PM

Dayle,

The quilt is just great! I can just imagine everyone stopping to see it.
    How wonderful too that you got to spend some time with Betty. I wish we could all get together and meet each other.

I can hardly wait to see what you do to finish the quilt off! Congratulations on getting it.

I hope you and Herman had a good day of sales at the show too.
    Old 04-03-2011, 01:26 AM

what a wonderful photo!!! and yes, great to see faces too!!
    the quilt really looks great! such a lovely theme! and i love the row betty added! fist time we've seen it?? i think sew, lovely fabrics!!

i'm really chuffed for you Dayle!!
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 04-03-2011, 07:38 AM

well, my mum & dad came round to visit after church today, we had a nice pot of tea & dad took 'fur baby fudge' out for a wander while mum and i made a 'diaper cake' for the baby shower saturday. i hadn't even heard of such a thing until i searched for info on baby showers a wee while ago!!
    i hope i have done them justice!! being a brit and all! us brits are novices' when it comes to things like baby showers lol!!!
    mum helped roll & bind the nappies, while i layered together the nappies with ribbon & gifts etc... what fun we had!!!

front
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]178928[/ATTACH]

right side...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]178929[/ATTACH]

left side...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]178930[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-178922.jpe   attachment-178923.jpe   attachment-178924.jpe  
    Old 04-03-2011, 07:50 AM

Looks great Jacquie. I'm sure it will please her. All those goodies you put on it will come in handy!
    Old 04-03-2011, 09:04 AM

Being a "brit and all" you did a fantastic job. I am sure your daughter will just love it. It is great that you and your mum get to spend time over a pot of tea. Enjoy a cup of me.....

Originally Posted by jacquie
    well, my mum & dad came round to visit after church today, we had a nice pot of tea & dad took 'fur baby fudge' out for a wander while mum and i made a 'diaper cake' for the baby shower saturday. i hadn't even heard of such a thing until i searched for info on baby showers a wee while ago!!
    i hope i have done them justice!! being a brit and all! us brits are novices' when it comes to things like baby showers lol!!!
    mum helped roll & bind the nappies, while i layered together the nappies with ribbon & gifts etc... what fun we had!!!
    Old 04-03-2011, 09:12 AM

Congratulation on a job well done, it is nice to see both of you in the picture. The finished top is just wonderful. Betty never did post pics for us to peek at so the unveil is just wonderful for all of us. Now that the quilt show is over, you might have a minute or two to take a deep breath and let it talk to you before you decide on how to quilt and bind it... Next year, you can enter it in your show.....Thanks Herman for taking the pictures and allowing us to feel like we were there.

Originally Posted by RNUNU
    OMG .... today was the day of all days!!! Our own Boopers (Betty) and her friend Charlene arrived at the Quilt Show .... and we met "face to face" for the first time. I just happened to walk up to the entrance to talk to Elaine (TF quilter on QB) .... and timing couldn't have been better, Betty and Charlene had just come through the doors. After (((HUGS))) and introductions .... I was presented with my Row Robin Quilt and of course it had to be unfolded and view by "everyone in the area". The "rave reviews" that were handed out by everyone in that circled area ... was a "show-stopper" at the entrance to the Quilt Show, for a few moments. It gave me a teary moment when I saw all the "gorgeous rows" showing the dedicated time .... that "all of us" had put into it. I "Love It - Love It" .... and "Speechless" all at the same time!

The Icing on the Cake: Herman and I just returned home after meeting Betty and Charlene for dinner, at a restaurant in Buhl, ID. We had such a lovely visit ..... with "two" great ladies.

Sharing a picture with all of you, showing Betty, myself and the "Masterpiece".

--- Dayle 8-) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 04-03-2011, 01:55 PM

I didn't post pictures because I wanted it to be a surprise for Dayle. I had a wonderful time and the quilt show was great. Herman and Dayle are truly delightful. We enjoyed spending time with them.