Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >
  • Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

• Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 05-01-2013, 07:05 AM

I am anxious for the partner assigning day to arrive, too. I have two more UFO's to finish and then I start in on my DGD's graduation quilt. Have to have it finished by next May but will be my own design so is going to be a challenge. I may start a new post when I get it started. My idea is based on a coffee cup I received as a gift over 20 years ago.
    Before I start in on it, I am going to unload the closet and all the shelves in my sewing room and sort fabric. That way, I will see what I have and do not have in order to make it. I am hoping I will have a nice stash shopping experience. LOL! May take a pic if I can muster the courage. Will have time to make a nice table topper for my yet unknown partner though and will enjoy taking a break to do that! Skiff of snow on ground here this morning. Boo!
    Old 05-01-2013, 02:28 PM

Fabric selections? Let's see. I love the party ants. They make me smile. I've shared those.
    There's berries. What else would you expect from berryberry.
    Here's some wine motif fabric, too. Who else has some favorites to share/ entice with.
    Attached Thumbnails raspberry.jpg   strawberries.jpg   wine-country.jpg  
    Old 05-01-2013, 06:45 PM

oooohhh I am all about those berries Berry berry!

I just went over the sign up list we have officially 34 people registered for the swap. On Friday I will post the list I have and hope everyone peeks to see iftheir name is on it and if not please let me know so when I assign partners I dont skip anyone!

getting closer and closer...I am so ready to do either a patriotic or a tropical runner.. oh oh I have flowers too and batiks so I guess I am ready
    Old 05-01-2013, 07:17 PM

I can't wait! So many ideas swirling around. I sure hope my partner approves
    Old 05-01-2013, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    I was thinking of summer colors the other day as I entered my quilt shop. Oh MY! they had purples and lime green and whites! they had fruits an blenders!
    They had fruits in the blender? Where's this shop at? They would get lots of my quilty money, lol!
    Old 05-02-2013, 04:48 AM

I approve!! lol I love runners. they make my livingroom.. happier. New colors new designs. Its sort of like a painting you hang on the wall.. leave it in one spot for a long time and you stop seeing it. Move it every six months and suddenly its new again. So put a runner on the table enjoy it then TADA change it out and its all new again even if you have seen that runner before. That is why I love them. I am the same with my dinner table and my side board. Variety!!

Well we are rapidly approaching the end of sign ups. I have made a list already of who has what (pets) who cant have smoke/pets etc and well the list is going to challenge even me. So I will hope I get it all right. I can't guarantee you wont end up with a partner you have had before (I am clueless of who you have had!). I can say you will get a partner!! I hope we get a few more last minute sign ups what the heck come on over!! Sign on up! We have room!! Yahooo!!
    Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 AM

So...BRAT!!! Do we get our names on Monday if sign-up closes Sunday??? Hmmm...guess that would be a lot of work unless you are already pairing us up!!! Oh, I can't wait!!!
    Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 AM

So excited! I am going thru my stash this weekend to pick out fabrics!
    Old 05-02-2013, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by berryberry
    Fabric selections? Let's see. I love the party ants. They make me smile. I've shared those.
    There's berries. What else would you expect from berryberry.
    Here's some wine motif fabric, too. Who else has some favorites to share/ entice with.
    Those are beautiful berry fabrics!!!! They look real!!
    I would love to be partnered with you if you are using one of those fabrics!! Yum!!!
    I just got caught up on all the gabbing on the thread! This is a lively bunch!
    I wish I could talk more but I am swamped at work right now! Not that I am complaining, since I was laid off for February and March!!
    I have not had time to dig thru my stash yet but I have some fun fabrics done there!!
    Looking forward to getting my partners name!!!
    Old 05-03-2013, 03:41 AM

How does everyone feel about red, white, and blue bandana print? That is what is stuck in my head right now! I am thinking dresden plates connecting somehow.