Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >
  • Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

• Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 06-04-2013, 12:13 AM

I love the quilt Linda, it is beautiful! I wish I could come down and help you pack, but maybe you can drive through Oregon? No? What do you mean it isn't on the way LOL...

Krystyn I am so sorry that on top of the problems with the storm, you have to deal with Jerks too!

My Table Topper is ready to mail, I need to post a sneak Peek. I finally found the new camera, and was going to take a picture but then realized the package is in my sisters car! We went shopping today and I showed her and my Mom the TT and they both now want one! Mom has no use for one that big but I think I might make her a smaller version for her front door. She is in an Assisted living facility and like to decorate her door with my creations.

Wow it is after 1 AM time for me to get off computer, put away the sewing and go to bed! If I leave the Kindle in the living room I might even get some sleep!

Good Night Ladies~
    Old 06-04-2013, 03:40 AM

I've been quiet for a bit, so I thought I'd jump in here before someone thought I died, lol. I finally decided on a design for my runner & got most of it cut out. My sewing machine has been "acting out" a bit lately, so I'm hoping when I start sewing in the next couple days that it will behave for me doing straight stitching. I've decided to do a block I've done before in another project, so I'm thinking it should go pretty smoothly. Fingers crossed.

I got my new animal applique book in the mail the other day, which I've been SO excited about, and it was so tempting to throw something small on this project, even just the name tag on the back for fun, until I tried to applique 2 blocks for my home decor project and had to rip it out 4 times...each. Now I'm thinking that I'm going to have to resort to sewing machine shopping before I do any more applique.
    Old 06-04-2013, 04:59 AM

love my brother csi got it at Walmart for about 200.00 six months payment no interest, well worth it! it does applique just fine 70 stupid stitches (who uses all those?) and well its a good basic machine. not great for quilting super thick batting, does better with the thin stuff.

Thanks Sandy! I love it too It was a fun project to see come to life, just picked two patterns from About quilting and then .. just prayed! lol.. for me it was oh please dont go away points and please match up and measure up and .. they did. Jan did a wonderful job making swirls like I asked for when she quilted it. I so wanted more than stitchin the off ditch for it after all the work I put into it and well I am so pleased. Now onto the next one. I need a medallion or center block that is pieced, 24" and goes with a 'cabin' theme quilt any ideas let me know its for my Round robin that is starting in July so I had best make it asap!
    Old 06-04-2013, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    love my brother csi got it at Walmart for about 200.00 six months payment no interest, well worth it! it does applique just fine 70 stupid stitches (who uses all those?) and well its a good basic machine. not great for quilting super thick batting, does better with the thin stuff.

Thanks Sandy! I love it too It was a fun project to see come to life, just picked two patterns from About quilting and then .. just prayed! lol.. for me it was oh please dont go away points and please match up and measure up and .. they did. Jan did a wonderful job making swirls like I asked for when she quilted it. I so wanted more than stitchin the off ditch for it after all the work I put into it and well I am so pleased. Now onto the next one. I need a medallion or center block that is pieced, 24" and goes with a 'cabin' theme quilt any ideas let me know its for my Round robin that is starting in July so I had best make it asap!
    Have you ever looked at some of the PA Dutch Hex Signs they put on their barns? These would make a really pretty centerpiece.

AzKAT
    Old 06-04-2013, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat

There's a tutorial on the board for a Carpenter's square if you're still looking for some ideas.
    Old 06-04-2013, 06:46 AM
    Swap Hosts

Tracey, it took me most of the day to fuse and snip out applique pieces for your runner ... and now that I have some of them on the main part ... I'm not too sure about putting the rest on ... decisions decision! Do we show progress or not?
    Old 06-04-2013, 10:39 AM
    Power Poster

love that quilt
    Old 06-04-2013, 12:54 PM

Nice job brat! She is going to love it.

I finished up terriann's triangle runner at lunch today. Whew, one down. the other is needing the binding attached and stitched down. Will get on that one shortly. so much to do, so little time. I need to stay focused and quit getting distracted when I get home.
    Old 06-04-2013, 01:01 PM
    Swap Hosts

Queenof ... finally finished getting the appliques onto the top and started FMQing. Arghhhhh. I hope you're not fussy about FMQ techniques. So difficult doing something that large on a small machine. I'll keep working at it!
    Old 06-04-2013, 01:26 PM

A sneak peek for Berryberry for her 4th of July Picnic Table Runner. I have a sick Camera, but I promise you the colors are very rich and perfect for your celebration.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]417156[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg