Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >
  • ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

• ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 11-03-2013, 06:26 AM

Oksewnsew - I love your runner - cuz I love snowmen and it's fabulous!! Nice job Chasezz!!!
    Old 11-03-2013, 07:53 AM

Oh Brat, you crack me up! You are so funny..I guess the runners could serve same purpose as the quilts do for us...yeh yeh, that's it, NOW I understand.

Have a great day, leaves are blowin' in the wind today, I do believe FALL is moving in..
    Old 11-03-2013, 07:39 PM

Cute runner from Chasezz, Oksewnsew! I hear ya on the "if you don't like something, it doesn't get sent!" .
    I actually had my runner for this time finished, as I made 2 last year..Or so I thought I did...I kept looking at it, and then decided I didn't like one part of it..so I changed that part..twice!! Now I have decided I want to add a border, so I probably could've made a different one and just kept this one...sigh..lol...
    Kif
    Old 11-03-2013, 08:34 PM

Thanks, I sure like it. LOLO Kiffie, I know, sometimes with the rippin' you do, you cud have a new item made!! I'm just stubborn enough to try and fix things! I'll eventually get back to the other topper and fix it, just not too sure what happened in making it, but we all have those things that will push you to your limit!!! What's funny is, I'd just made me one for Halloween, and it was perfect!!! Oh well....;o)
    Old 11-04-2013, 08:02 AM

I kill one seam ripper at year. it simply gets dull. Yup my buddy old pal seam ripper dies. Good thing they are not expensive. phew. Jan gave me a sharp blade type of seam ripper she could tell us what its called but its a tiny cicle on one side. Exacto type blade? It is absolutely marvelous for ripping seams but you have to be careful its awfully sharp and you could cut yourself good also you can cut the fabric which is not fun at all.. but its fast and I like fast since I use it so often

I just finished four sides for a round robin. put on one fit perfectly. Second side would not go center. It was off and it irked me and irked me and I measured four or five times.. it was fine. Sat back and pouted. re measured.. and well it was fine.. and measured..fine.. pouted more.. measured.. oh heck there it was .5 inches too small on one rectangle. now I have to go back rip out that border, take out that section, make a new one, resew the whole thing and all because I didn't measure twice the first time. I could not send it out that way it would have killed me .. sending things on to other quilters well they would see it in a second. people who don't quilt don't usually catch stuff like that but well.. I would rather eat my shoes than send that on and trust me you would never want to eat MY shoes.
    Old 11-04-2013, 09:08 AM

This seam ripper I use is by Havel. When it gets dull you just change the blade. [ATTACH=CONFIG]444896[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 18950lg.jpg  
    Old 11-04-2013, 10:18 AM

DustysMomma - as soon as you PM me your address I can send yours. Of course with Kids Days at Faire this week (school field trips to Faire and shops are open) I won't get to post office before Friday.
    Old 11-04-2013, 01:23 PM

Look at the beautiful runner I received from Elisabrat! She truly captured the theme "Winter Frolic" and the front has lots of red, my favorite color. It is now keeping my kitchen "table" (really a free-standing breakfast bar) warm and toasty. Thank you, Brat!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]444933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]444934[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails bratfront.jpg   bratback.jpg  
    Old 11-04-2013, 03:24 PM

Likethedog...that is a fabulous runner. 'Brat, I like both sides!
    Old 11-04-2013, 03:45 PM

Me too! Brat is very creative in using fabrics!

Originally Posted by Chasezzz
    Likethedog...that is a fabulous runner. 'Brat, I like both sides!