Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5 >
  • The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5

• The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5

Old 10-30-2010, 07:06 AM

Okay - finally working on Cindy G's center. I seem to be very slow - I'm not, I'm just procrastinating, and trying to keep on schedule..

What do you think? Yes or no? Any colors you like in Particular? I kind of like this, but Cindy may not. Am mailing on Monday, so I have a few days ;)

On a side note - I'm making and selling quilts here. www.silvertonmarket.com

Haven't looked at the SS page much, but I already got my package! She is very fast whoever she is..
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-108863.jpe  
    Old 10-31-2010, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingbee12
    Okay - finally working on Cindy G's center. I seem to be very slow - I'm not, I'm just procrastinating, and trying to keep on schedule..

What do you think? Yes or no? Any colors you like in Particular? I kind of like this, but Cindy may not. Am mailing on Monday, so I have a few days ;)

Haven't looked at the SS page much, but I already got my package! She is very fast whoever she is..

Hello Emily,

Normally, I try not to comment on a round/row robin I am not involved in, but this time I feel a little compelled; please don't take my comments in the wrong spirit.

I think you're going for a piano-key round, which is nice, but I'm not certain about the colors you are using in your round here. Perhaps the photo color on my monitor is off, but I would tend to re-think the colors you are using. Although the lavender/purple color is all right, the rusty-mauve color is just "off" IMHO. My tendency would be to substitute that color with a mossy green to pick up the green HST in the original center.

Now, that is just MY opinion, and I am sure there are others, but I just wanted to weigh in quickly before you get too involved in your sewing.

Best of luck,

Odessa
    Old 10-31-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
    Originally Posted by quiltingbee12

Hello Emily,

Normally, I try not to comment on a round/row robin I am not involved in, but this time I feel a little compelled; please don't take my comments in the wrong spirit.

I think you're going for a piano-key round, which is nice, but I'm not certain about the colors you are using in your round here. Perhaps the photo color on my monitor is off, but I would tend to re-think the colors you are using. Although the lavender/purple color is all right, the rusty-mauve color is just "off" IMHO. My tendency would be to substitute that color with a mossy green to pick up the green HST in the original center.

Now, that is just MY opinion, and I am sure there are others, but I just wanted to weigh in quickly before you get too involved in your sewing.

Best of luck,

Odessa
    Good observation.
    Old 10-31-2010, 01:58 PM

Yea I think I would go with the green. Good suggestion
    Old 10-31-2010, 03:39 PM

great suggestion.
    Old 10-31-2010, 04:23 PM

I agree - that is why I posted it. I'm thinking about just using the purple - making it simple this round. Then again, perhaps I can do something else for the alternating square of the piano key. I found more purple. My problem is that I don't have a moss green that will go with that dark of a colour.
    Old 10-31-2010, 04:51 PM

Emily,

I appreciate your asking for opinions before using the colors. I was wondering too if my monitor color was 'off' because it has happened on the boomerang swap often.

The room where the center is hopefully going just has the burgundy & deep hunter green in it. And ecru on the walls. I was hoping to keep the colors all in that family. I probably should have picked something a little more neutral for the center, but this is my first RR - experience is a great teacher:)

Thank you for your thoughtfulness in asking! :)
    Cindy
    Old 10-31-2010, 05:29 PM

Emily the more I look at it, I really think a nuteral like a creamy yellow like in the flowers would really look nice if you have any. Like you said you probibly should keep this round simple. What do ya think?
    Old 10-31-2010, 06:36 PM

I have some electric Hawaiian blue that I know Cindy likes,she told me to use it on Andreas so she must like it I would be happy to send it to you!LOL
    Old 11-01-2010, 04:02 AM

I will be going to a quilt store today, so I'll get some of the color then. Glad I checked! Cindy, it'll be a few days late, but it will be in the mail at the end of the week.