Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5 >
  • The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5

• The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5

Old 08-29-2010, 05:02 AM

I am not in your "fabulous 5"..but somehow meandered into this thread and couldn't get away from it.

I "SEW" enjoyed reading and seeing your centers......I don't think that I could do one of these round robins (ow whatever they are called)......but sure do enjoy looking at yours.

I am sending this post so that I will continue to get future posts and can watch as you ladies continue to add to the "fabulous F"'s centers. I so want to see the final quilts...or are these wonderful pieces of art going to be hangings?

Just an outsider peeking in to observe ....... hope no one minds.

MaryJane
    Old 08-29-2010, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
    I am not in your "fabulous 5"..but somehow meandered into this thread and couldn't get away from it.

I "SEW" enjoyed reading and seeing your centers......I don't think that I could do one of these round robins (ow whatever they are called)......but sure do enjoy looking at yours.

I am sending this post so that I will continue to get future posts and can watch as you ladies continue to add to the "fabulous F"'s centers. I so want to see the final quilts...or are these wonderful pieces of art going to be hangings?

MaryJane
    We don't mind at all Mary Jane.
    Old 08-29-2010, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr

MaryJane
    We are happy to have visitors. The round robins and row robins are sure a challenge. To find fabric that matches and ideas that fit what you are given.

Cbridges22-Cindy I have one corner of your block done. Hope to post pictures tomorrow or Tuesday. I;m liking it. GK/Kathi
    Old 08-29-2010, 01:31 PM

Here is Joyces block with my addition.Hope you like it.

My husband cropped it to close and he shot it at an angle but you can get the idea.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]107016[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-107011.jpe  
    Old 08-29-2010, 07:48 PM

Awesome centers everyone!! Need to get mine photo'd & in the mail.

Hi!, I'm Cindy also (this could get humorously confusing:) guess we'd better pay close attention to our avatars!) Sorry I've been MIA since you began this thread --- haven't been on too much, had a week full of little ones. About me~

I learned to quilt from my mom, she is an artist who has sewn forever making everything & also longarms -- she wanted to open an LQS (our area had none) & I worked full time managing a medical office (4 surgeons). I told her I would help any way I could. 8 mo after opening the store, I quit my job & became partner! Been quilting ever since. We closed the shop last year after a major flood hit our city. That plus the economy in our area...so many of our customers were 'using up my stash before I buy any more'. Seemed like time to close.
    My DH is Jim, soon to retire, so I 'retired' also - but help out a few families in our church w/child care. Some days 2 under 4yrs, some days 5 -- it gets really hectic, but I love variety:) We both sing in a contemporary praise band in our church & love to geocache. Have 3 adult children, DS here w/2 DGS; DD here,recently married; single DD in Chicago. I quilt for family & friends mostly. Have done some custom work. I make a quilt for every graduating girl in our church, new babies & newlyweds. I buy fabric only from LQS, unless it's an emergency type thing & then it's JoAnn's. We have 3 shops w/in an hour drive, so a trip is always an event. I used to teach & still have many UFOs left from those days. My goal was to get them finished this year, but then I began 3 RRs, boomerang swap, Santa block swap, a craft group... you get the idea! I love
    to read & garden, but it's been so hot I've neglected all but the veggies. The canning is about done I hope:)
    That's enough for now~ - I tend to get 'long-winded' once get on board. Too often I stay away for a time to get something done, so if you don't hear from me (& want to! lol) or I need to be aware of something, please pm me. I'll try to get here more often since the RR has begun. All the centers are beautiful! & so different! Going to be fun fun fun!! Ladies, my stash is SO happy to be a part of all this:) She's been waiting patiently & is so excited to help out! She's a pretty big girl, so I'm sure she'll help me a bunch!
    Glad to meet all of you. Hope Now off to get mine ready to mail...
    ~the 'other' Cindy
    Old 08-29-2010, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22

Wow, aren't you speedy! Excitement about the IRR can have that effect sometimes. That's a beautiful green you've added. The tone is a perfect compliment to the colors in the center and I'm very impressed with your mitered corners. Nice job!
    Old 08-30-2010, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by montanablu
    Awesome centers everyone!! Need to get mine photo'd & in the mail.

Hi!, I'm Cindy also (this could get humorously confusing:) guess we'd better pay close attention to our avatars!) Sorry I've been MIA since you began this thread --- haven't been on too much, had a week full of little ones. About me~

I learned to quilt from my mom, she is an artist who has sewn forever making everything & also longarms -- she wanted to open an LQS (our area had none) & I worked full time managing a medical office (4 surgeons). I told her I would help any way I could. 8 mo after opening the store, I quit my job & became partner! Been quilting ever since. We closed the shop last year after a major flood hit our city. That plus the economy in our area...so many of our customers were 'using up my stash before I buy any more'. Seemed like time to close.
    My DH is Jim, soon to retire, so I 'retired' also - but help out a few families in our church w/child care. Some days 2 under 4yrs, some days 5 -- it gets really hectic, but I love variety:) We both sing in a contemporary praise band in our church & love to geocache. Have 3 adult children, DS here w/2 DGS; DD here,recently married; single DD in Chicago. I quilt for family & friends mostly. Have done some custom work. I make a quilt for every graduating girl in our church, new babies & newlyweds. I buy fabric only from LQS, unless it's an emergency type thing & then it's JoAnn's. We have 3 shops w/in an hour drive, so a trip is always an event. I used to teach & still have many UFOs left from those days. My goal was to get them finished this year, but then I began 3 RRs, boomerang swap, Santa block swap, a craft group... you get the idea! I love
    to read & garden, but it's been so hot I've neglected all but the veggies. The canning is about done I hope:)
    That's enough for now~ - I tend to get 'long-winded' once get on board. Too often I stay away for a time to get something done, so if you don't hear from me (& want to! lol) or I need to be aware of something, please pm me. I'll try to get here more often since the RR has begun. All the centers are beautiful! & so different! Going to be fun fun fun!! Ladies, my stash is SO happy to be a part of all this:) She's been waiting patiently & is so excited to help out! She's a pretty big girl, so I'm sure she'll help me a bunch!
    Glad to meet all of you. Hope Now off to get mine ready to mail...
    ~the 'other' Cindy
    Nice to meet you other Cindy,being from the south I am use to being called Cindy Jo so anyone can feel free to use that to distinguish the Cindys.
    Old 08-30-2010, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
    Originally Posted by cbridges22

Wow, aren't you speedy! Excitement about the IRR can have that effect sometimes. That's a beautiful green you've added. The tone is a perfect compliment to the colors in the center and I'm very impressed with your mitered corners. Nice job!
    My first time to miter corners,don't know why I was afraid to try it wasn't bad.Are you going to the Washington/Oregon get together?
    Old 08-30-2010, 05:53 AM

:D to the other Cindy. I'm so glad to here from you. Can't wait to see a pic of your center. It sounds like you have quite a fullfilling life!! You are such an experienced quilter I hope I can do you justice! I love your avatar quilt. by the way what is geocache? :oops:
    Old 08-30-2010, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by abonda
    :D to the other Cindy. I'm so glad to here from you. Can't wait to see a pic of your center. It sounds like you have quite a fullfilling life!! You are such an experienced quilter I hope I can do you justice! I love your avatar quilt. by the way what is geocache? :oops:
    Geocaching is like a treasure hunt using a hand held gps. People from all over the world hide these little/medium size 'caches' often w/small trinkets inside. (GS like the trinket part.) Once you find one, you log it into the geocache website. Some are 'travel bugs' meaing when you find it you are to take it to a new spot to hide. All cache locations are registered & you read the coordinates from the gps to help find them. It's great family fun, boys have learned a lot of math & geography that is way beyond their years. We love to look while vacationing - found many that have literally circled the globe (& end up in OH!)
    Going to a quilting retreat in NC this fall & hope to cache on the way down & back.
    Got a shot in the knee while at the Dr - now hopefully I can walk w/out a limp!
    No little ones until 2 - so off to sew!! Yea!!