Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5 >
  • The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5

• The Fablous Five-IRR3/Group 5

Old 09-02-2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by abonda
    I still haven't even received the center for round one yet?
    aren't you suppose to wait until November 1st to send round 2 out? I'm confused?

I did just go look at the rules. I did send my round Way to early. November 1 is when it should have been sent. I am so sorry to get everyone confused. The centers don't even have to be mailed until September 15th. Again I am sorry that I got in such a hurry. But I love what I did. GK Kathi
    Old 09-02-2010, 06:21 PM

I love what you did too.
    Old 09-02-2010, 09:11 PM

This is one quite group!How is everyone doing with their centers,anything fun or new!I am going to Washington-Oregon quilters get together at 2Doods in a couple weeks and get to meet some of the others on this board,I am excited.I am also assistant directing and stage managing Dr.Jekyll&Mr.Hyde for CCT(Corvallis Community theater)Check out our web site,there are even pictures of me there.We start rehearsals next week.So,what are the rest of ya'll doing? Cindy Jo(so you don't confuse the Cindys)
    Old 09-03-2010, 05:44 AM

I'm having a great weekend. It is our class reunion weekend. I also have very special Amish friends spending the weekend with me at the cottage. We were neighbors for 10 years and they have grown up with me. I can hardly wait to see them. So I won;t get much sewing done this weekend. But did try a new method for a baby quilt last night. I saw the method on the board and like it. take 2 squares RST and sew 1/4" seam all the way around the square. then cut on the diagonal from corner to corner for HQT. The only bad side of it is all the sides are on the bias. But it made a really cute baby quilt of pinwheels. I cut 6 1/2" squares and the pinwheel block trimmed up to 7 1/2" set them block to block with some sashing and a fast baby quilt. I chained pieced the sides of the blocks and it went really fast. all for now Kathi
    Old 09-03-2010, 07:16 AM

I agree quite. I want to see quiltingbee12 and montanablu's centers. Come on girls! I just can't wait. I have ichy pants!! I am just winding down from the summer. I have to go back to work (High School Teacher) on Tuesday so I'm trying to enjoy what there is I have left before the world wind starts! It will be nice to get back on a schedule though. I've been staying up till 2 am not going to fly when work starts! I have been working on Christmas gifts and putting together a program for my Garden Club that I belong to. I'm also trying to take care of my mom, mother in law/father in law who are sick and elderly. I just completed BOM swap for September which I belong to on this board. It is really fun each month something new. My son is having a pig roast this Saturday for Labor Day which will also be fun. Waiting on rain storm from hurrican. we need the water for the plants. Being in the community theater sounds like a lot of fun!! People think I should act because they say I'm a drama queen sometimes but I have never tried it. Too Scared!! Have a great weekend. and girls I'm waiting to see those centers!!!

Andrea
    Old 09-03-2010, 06:48 PM
    Power Poster

aren't you suppose to wait until November 1st to send round 2 out? I'm confused?

Greetings from Group 1, and am I totally losing it? I thought mailing date for the center was September 15????
    Old 09-03-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Greetings from Group 1, and am I totally losing it? I thought mailing date for the center was September 15????
    It is!My group is getting alittle head of itself.
    Old 09-04-2010, 04:32 PM

Hope all is having a wonderful Labor Day!! The summer is winding down and I'm getting ready to go back to work on Tuesday. Pretty soon it will feel good to put a quiilt on my lap as I'm working on it. I love the warm feeling in the winter from that.But for now I want Indian summer/fall. That is my favorite time of year. Sweat shirt and jeans. Oh the life! fresh clean air to breathe. which reminds me of the two beautiful fall centers we have to work on. I can hardly wait to get my hands on them!! I hope Quiltingbee12 you are working on your center cause I really can't wait to get my hands on your center!! So send it to me as soon as you get it done. How about you montanablue? love to see your center too! I all ready have my idea for your bumble bee applique Grama can hardly wait for that one too. Oh so much fun fun fun.
    Old 09-04-2010, 04:51 PM

It is sitting on my worktable all cut out waiting for me. And waiting and waiting!!!
    I have 100 messages to go through, and at least that many emails before I can get started. The Secret pal swap is sometimes quite a pain(though I know it's me cause I procrastinated) but it's still fun. Otherwise it'd be in the mail to you already.
    Old 09-04-2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingbee12
    It is sitting on my worktable all cut out waiting for me. And waiting and waiting!!!
    I have 100 messages to go through, and at least that many emails before I can get started. The Secret pal swap is sometimes quite a pain(though I know it's me cause I procrastinated) but it's still fun. Otherwise it'd be in the mail to you already.
    Mine is waiting too! I actually have made 2 centers (I'm doing another RR also that hasn't yet started) However, my center is too big. I made it before the guidelines came out (I never read instructions before a test either!:( So I'm looking at taking it apart somewhat & 'down-sizing'. It will be ready before the end of the weekend, whether I down-size or start completely over. Sorry to have made you wait, quiltingbee12! I won't make this a habit, promise!
    Abonda, sorry about your itchy pants!! You'll just have to wait a little longer - unless you want to come over & help me rabbit stitch!! LOL
    Marathon sewing day tomorrow after church...