Fall 2016 I Spy Swap

Old 11-15-2016, 07:11 PM

I prefer different bags, but I can work with whatever comes.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:28 PM

I don't have a preference, either.
Old 11-16-2016, 02:06 PM

I'd prefer not to get mine back. I have plenty of those fabrics (I had to buy a yard of each, as one quilt shop was going out of business and the other is a warehouse). I wouldn't mind a matching set, though.

bkay
Old 11-16-2016, 03:11 PM

I'd prefer not to get mine back. I saved back squares for myself, so that I can have pairs. But I'm okay with duplicates of someone else's set.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:57 PM

I prefer NOT to get mine back. I made an extra set for myself already. Thanks
Old 11-18-2016, 08:03 PM

I don't mind a set of matching squares. I'm off to Cali for a week so will be off the board, PM if you need me for anything as I will have email access.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:29 AM
Power Poster

So exciting that we will soon have our NEW I Spy squares! Are all the packages in now? Can we get an update please?
Old 11-21-2016, 10:04 AM

Sorry for the bit of silence - we had to go out of town for a funeral and got back late last night. The last package was in Saturday's mail, so have them ready to go out this afternoon.

I tried to spread the bags out as best as I could - we only had 15 swappers with 16 bags so a few got a repeat - hope everyone is satisfied with what they receive.

Thank you to each one of you for participating in this swap - we have had a really great group here. And a huge thank you for the little "extras" some of you tucked in - looking forward to using my Christmas items.

We will take a little break until after the first to let the crazies calm down and everyone to do a little bit of fabric shopping - but in taking a look at my stash I could do another, say 10 swaps! But who can turn down a cute fabric??

See ya for a Winter Swap in 2017! I also plan to put together a survey to see how many would be interested in doing an I Spy Swap in a few different ways.

I am going to end this with a .......I am so thankful this holiday time. For those who were with me for the Summer Swap know I had a stroke in August. Also most of you don't know that, after 14 surgeries and 15 years of trying to save a "sick" eye, it began dying last fall and I had it removed in June. It was such an easy surgery to recover from and getting the prosthetic was so easy - after all of the pain it has been a relief to get it behind me and start a new chapter in my life.

So - how about some of you sharing what you are thankful for this year.

Rena
Old 11-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

Rena, so sorry to hear about the stroke and loss of your eye this past year. What a year you've had! Also sorry for the death in your family recently. Thank you so much for taking on this swap. Really looking forward to getting my package!

I am thankful for so many things, but as usual family tops the list. I am so thankful for them and that they are blessed as they are. I am thankful for a free country, given to us by our awesome God! Joy wells up in my heart in gratitude every day!

Hope all of you who are Americans, have a wonderful Thanksgiving! It's my favorite time of the year.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:02 PM

I'm thankful for you Rena. We are having 10 at our house for Xmas and I've asked for no gift exchange as the cost would be too prohibitive for everyone. You've enabled me to make a quilt for the two kids so they go home with something they can have fun with. We won't have to buy anything now, just a little quilting work.