Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics! >
  • Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

• Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Old 02-08-2015, 01:52 PM

I have just gone through my stash and to my dismay find that I have enough ugly fabric that I could have sent some to every last one of you! lol Everything from er, loud southwestern, to what I call "textures" (pebbles, cobblestones, weave, sea weed!), blechety-blah colors, and some that leave me scratchin' my head......I think someone has been taking my lovely fabric and leaving these uglies in their place!
    Old 02-08-2015, 04:34 PM

Patches,
    You and me, both!!! We need to find out just who DOES have our pretty fqs??.. lol..

Can't wait to see what Happylab sent...

Kif
    Old 02-08-2015, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Received my great package from bullock2us

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509267[/ATTACH]
    You consider those ugly???? Wow, wish my uglies looked that good.
    Old 02-08-2015, 10:55 PM

You know what, Brat?? Maybe we should do a UFO swap. I have a number of them that I know I will not finish, so why not let someone else figure it out. hahahah Just saying .............. Plus I love to bind. Am I the only one?

So glad you're back, missed all your posts. And thanks for the email too. Wish I could help you out some way. I keep telling you to keep moving west, you can get here in no time. And we have a couple new dialasis places here now, so see???? Then I could bring suppers to you once in awhile and hold your hand when you hurt. Bless you my friend.

Ellie
    Old 02-09-2015, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by sewellie
    You consider those ugly???? Wow, wish my uglies looked that good.
    Sewellie, those may be her green/cream/white swap!
    Old 02-09-2015, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies
    Sewellie, those may be her green/cream/white swap!
    Oh, whoops, I guess you know I think they're nice.
    Old 02-09-2015, 09:14 AM

oh Ellie and everyone else you make me smile and yet grimace that I put you all through my pains. Wont do that again. be warned however if I lose it again because of an email I will write you and let you know directly how I am feeling. there saves everyone the sadness of hearing of bad news.

I like the ufo idea for a different swap but that could be scary! perhaps a ufo sent to you to do something with then you gift it to the original sender? this way everyones win or....

I think I am sticking to fat quarters and side swaps for this swap so it doesn't get too confusing. I have one other swap I run and thinking two is enough for me because I have trouble sticking everyone in a swap. doing the side swaps makes my life so much easier because it allows me to post your name and you can pick your own partner from this. it seems to work for everyone and if you were left off? you just add your name to the list and tada your not off again!
    Old 02-09-2015, 10:07 AM

With the "Brat's" kind permission ... I'm going to try and sell you onto another project

Here's a link to a new boomerang swap where you get to choose what kind of block you'd like to have made for you. Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

I'm not the hostess of it, but sure would like to see some of you join up. There was a little confusion at first on the guidelines (she posted the older ones...oopps ) but all is clear now. Here's a little about it also:

You do send your f8 (11 x 18) along with your pattern to the Hostess of the swap. You can either make copies of the pattern (so you make special notes if you wish) or post what pattern you wish to have used with your fabric. If you mail copies of the pattern with your f8 you will know beyond a doubt everyone will have the correct pattern. Be sure to put your board name on the pattern in case it becomes separated from your f8. You will also need to be clear in your desires for your fabric - such as "Please use my f8 in the "xyz" portion of the pattern and please use "white or white on white" or "use any fabric that matches the colors in my f8 and have fun"...

You will then be making a block for each f8 you receive from the hostess. They should also either have the pattern enclosed along with any special notes or have the pattern posted on this thread. I'd still suggest at least putting the web location on paper to send with if you are unable to print out patterns for everyone. If you are unclear as to their requests, it's better to ask because others may also have the same question.

I haven't participated in this swap but I have participated in several boomerang swaps and love the idea of everyone creating the same pattern for me. As our hostess urgodschild2 has stated in the rules and perhaps the most scary part is being sure your block measures 12 1/2" correctly. If in doubt, to me, leave it a little bit oversize and let the receiver trim it down...easier to trim...real hard to get them to grow .

Looking forward to this swap and having more fun.

Would love to have some of you sign up -- the sign ups go through February unless it gets full before then. You'd have until mid June to complete the blocks so there isn't a lot of pressure from this. Hope you check it out.
    Old 02-09-2015, 01:48 PM

Moonwork,
    Sounds like a fun swap. If things were more settled, I'd consider it. But until we get my dh health leveled out, I will just have to be content to watch for the awesome pics I hope will be posted.
    And I love the name of your town!! We have Possum Kingdom Lake about 400 miles from us. I used to go with my grandparents there every Summer. Great memories
    Kif
    Old 02-09-2015, 03:13 PM

these are the fq's that I sent to NancyW,she received them last Friday so thought I'd post[ATTACH=CONFIG]509471[/ATTACH] and these are the 1/2 yard pieces of uglies I sent to wmuteach[ATTACH=CONFIG]509472[/ATTACH] Hope you ladies find a use for them.
    Attached Thumbnails 004.jpg   003.jpg