Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics! >
  • Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

• Fat Quarter Swap: March Greens/whites/Creams And a side swap of Ugly Fabrics!

Old 02-17-2015, 08:56 AM

Got a second letter from the person who was upset. she said since I hadn't handled it she took care of things. I did mention that I did post it here and I hope she finds it. Second reminder: you are not to post the real names of people. you can call them by their board name or use the name they sign their posts with since obviously its ok with them if they use first or first and last names. but be careful. its all I am saying. as to the moderator Kiffie I think that is up to the person who was upset their name was posted. they can write the board themselves and plead their case.

to those who wrote me anxious if you had made the mistake. thank you. I appreciate your concern and the thought and speed which you wanted to take care of things immediately. It shows that you do read the posts here PHEW and that you do care. much much appreciated. your wonderful!

sign ups for next months swap will go up tomorrow since its a short month! so be sure to look in the afternoon for this!
    Old 02-17-2015, 01:21 PM

Linda,
    I think you've done all you can. We all make mistakes...And I'm not meaning to be cavalier about things, but these days anyone can see our names. From people in a store line who can glance at your credit or debit card, the waiters at a restaurant where you pay your tab, sign in sheets at the Dr (yes, even with HIPPA, there are still sheets), even just in passing, anyone can go and "Google" you. So I don't think there's any way to try and remain anonymous. I've had to ask people to please back up some when I'm paying at the store... So even though we'd all love the safe and secure feeling it brings to try and remain anonymous, I don't think it's possible any more.. As my hubby says, "There's some great things about the internet, and some not so great things.".

The reason I asked about if you'd contacted the moderator, is because I thought the hostess would have to be the one to ask, as it's "her" swap... See..that's one more reason I'm NOT a hostess...
    And one more reason I have utmost respect for those of you who are!! (Cue applause)

Regards,
    Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 02-17-2015 at 01:26 PM.
    Old 02-17-2015, 01:23 PM

I just wanted to say I may not be on much for a while. Just found out there has been yet another death in my family. My uncle just died two weeks ago… I just found out my 25 yr old half-sister died yesterday. I still don't know what happened. This is the 5th death in my family in the last 2 years and it's the 3rd one within 6 months. I'm overwhelmed. All my stuff has been sent out and people received it, so all my obligations are met. Thanks everyone.
    Old 02-17-2015, 01:27 PM

Vitality,
    You're in my thoughts, dear friend. And I'm here if you need anything.
    Kif
    Old 02-17-2015, 01:41 PM

Prayers for you, Vita! Big Hugs, too.
    Old 02-17-2015, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies
    Prayers for you, Vita! Big Hugs, too.
    I agree. Big hugs!
    Old 02-17-2015, 05:42 PM

Hi Ladies, I'm the one who received the racoon fabric and it is most interesting. I will make a quilt for a little boy with it. Thanks for the wonderful package of fabrics.
    Trish
    Old 02-17-2015, 05:59 PM

dflecker Sent me these!!! Aren't they pretty! Thank you. <3
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 02-17-2015, 06:45 PM

Thanks everyone
    Old 02-17-2015, 07:41 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510642[/ATTACH]Got these not really so uglies from patchesnposies. My son likes the quail and the snakeskin looking type stuff. My my Mom liked the kokapellies (probably not spelled right). The only really questionable one was the one with the fruit on. Not fond of that type-but will find something to do with it. She also sent me a bunch of I SPY squares that will be great in my son's quilt. Thanks so much again!
    Attached Thumbnails 0217152030.jpg